Do new Wii's come shrink-wrapped?

CkDedmon

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2008
So I can get one in time for my wife's b-day, I'm considering buying a "new" Wii from a private party seller.

How do I tell if it is really new? Should the box be shrink-wrapped? I've heard they aren't, so should the parts inside be wrapped in plastic?

Thanks!

Well I think that they were rapped and were put in little sections of cardboard and in a little box that says Wii on it.

No, the actual box is not shrink wrapped.

However, the wii is wrapped up in a foamy bag, and the cords are twisty tied together, the manuals are in plastic bags, the wii mote straps are tied up, obscure items are in plastic baggies.

that may be hard to pull off.

Just ask the person you're buying from...

:lol:
Okay, well that's not very dependable. Just check if all the packaging is in order. If s/he allows you to test it (which I may recommend) the first thing it will do is a setup for your spoken language, etc.

K LoLo said:
Also, the box ends are taped with one plastic circle, right guys? You could probably tell if the box was opened from the looks of that tape...

Thats not true, I got mine a week before Christmas and it did not have a plastic circle on it and yes, I got it from a retail store. It should be pretty obvious if it has been opened or not.

Back