Got The Wii @ 8 This Morning... Questions...

Oceans

Wii Newby
Dec 16, 2007
Heart of New Jersey
Hey Everyone.

I just got my Wii this morning. My dad and I waited in line for hours. We just had to get one. It was originally my mom's idea (go figure). I have so many questions. Well, first my dad won't let anyone play it til Xmas, so he wrapped it up and stuff. We got the Wii Play too. What does the Nunchuck controller do? Do we need more of them? There are six of us in my family. How many controllers can you use at once? Besides Mario Galaxy, what are some of your favorite games? What controllers should I definitely buy? Thanks in advance, I'll check back later.
-Shaun:aureola:

Nunchuck is for various movements, and is needed in most games.

4 people can play together, so get 3 more motes and chucks.

Zelda Twilight Princess, Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3 are good games to have.

Well congrats on the wii.
The nunchuck is the same as a joystick on the 360 or ps3.There are some games such as mario charged that need the nunchuck it cant hurt to get them to mack your wiimotes.you can use up to 4 controllers at a time.Metroid is good zelda tp are my favs but i dont have many games.Hopefully someone else can help you a bit more.:cool:

1. The nunchuk attaches to the wii remote, thus giving you more buttons to press, basically. It is used for more complex games, and although it won't be needed for all games, it will be needed for most good games.
2. You can use 4 wii remotes [whether there is a nunchuk attached to them or not] at once. Some games allow 4 players to play at once, some do not.
3. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption along with Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are two of the best games of the year. They are both one player games. Mario Party 8 is probably the best party game of the year. It allows 4-players to play at once.

Everyone has explained the knunchuck and some games to recommend so I will simply add on:lol:

I really enjoyed resident evil 4, it was widely anticipated one of the greatest games of all time.

wario ware smooth moves is a great family game up to 12 can play at the same time with only one wiimote.

4 remotes 4 numchucks , medal of honner : heros 2 , if you like shoters , there is also the wiizapper that comes with a game and the wiizaper can be used for some other games .

Rayman Raving Rabbids is a very funny game and you can get all members of your family playing it.

Since you have the system it comes with 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuck and you got Wii Play so that should come with another wiimote. So buying 3 nunchucks and 2 more wiimotes would ensure that 4 people can play at the same time ( depending on the game )

Oceans said:
thanks so far everyone. i cant wait to open and play it.
I'm getting mine for Christmas too, I hope to get, Guitar Hero III (Which I'm surprised no one else mentioned), SSX: Blur, and Mario Galaxy, and of course Wii Sports. Hope to play with you soon!

i say get rayman raving rabbids..

hmm what else is a good multiplayer game

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution (4 player battle royal)
MAdden 08 (pure family fun)
Rayman raving rabbids 1 or 2
Ghost Squad (budget game on-rails for $30)

Back