do u have ur wii horizotal or vertical?

It was the 360 that scratched disks when placed vertical, not the Wii. The Wii will be fine either way.

all_eyez_on_me_88 said:
my wii's vertical complete with the clear plastic stand to make sure it doesn't get knocked over - even if it looks a bit stupid and my wii's been absolutely fine so far (touch wood) :D
all 39 days of its existence

"The Vertical Wii"

That sounds just wrong...

Slot loading drives maintain the same clearance either horizontal or vertical, as opposed to tray loading drives, which sag.

Actually, you would have less chance of scratching your discs (unless you move your console) theoretically by having it vertical, because, in theory, the disc will have a better chance of staying away from the laser.

Gravity works against the disc when the console is horizontal. It is pulled toward the laser. It works against nothing when the console is vertical, because the rotational acceleration of the disc overcomes the force of gravity, and the horizontal position of the disc (toward or away from the laser (the potential disc scratching point) remains constant.

Meh verticale kicks teh pants off of whoreizontal and EVERYONE should get twilight princess. add me if you like sweet ****

ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms said:
Vertical because I wanted to use the stand.

OH! By the way did anyone else forget about the clear plate for the base of the stand? I never seen it when I was setting it up. It was only when reading through the manual I realised it was included.

Same with me. Didnt realize till after hehe.

Vertical hoe!

I dont dig the way it looks horizontally for some reason. Looks like an External HD with a CD Drive in it to me lol.

Vertical, and I don't use the base plate as I didn't feel it was necessary, although I haven't been playing Gamecube games on it yet.

Vertically

Have mine mounted on the vertical foot/stand. Did have it Horizontal but noticed the underside of the unit got hotter than it did vertical..

But I will say if you have it vertical, make sure you dont sit the stand on the carpet as the unit draws air from underneath in that posititon and aside from sucking dust up through the unit it'd block the cooling system or at least limit it.

Have it horizontal if you must sit it on the carpet floor :)

Mine sits on the TV stand next to the TV, Sensor bar on top of the TV :)

-- Jim.

mine's set up vertically and like a few others forgot to put the plastic plate under the base. almost threw it out didn't know what the heck it was for. :crazy:

Back