Do you think we will be able to transfer our VC games to the new nintendo system?

cgwalls

WiiChat Member
May 24, 2009
Earth
Wii Online Code
2074-2792-9947-3334
Yeah I know it will be a while b4 the next nintendo system comes out but when it does do you think we'll be able to transfer our VC games over to it? How would it work though if you could? You would be able to transfer it to any system. It would kinda suck if you spent a whole bunch of money on VC games and then you wouldn't be able to put them on the new system.

i wouldn't worry about it. the next generation of home consoles is at least 3-5 years off. so i wouldn't bother planning ahead.

but still, you do raise a good question. i don't think you will be able to but i really don't know.

It would be good if you could, and with new added SD card support, the possiblilty of this happening is getting larger, all though by the time the new console does actually come out, the VC games probably won't be worth looking at.

I think any new systems will have SD card support, so you can transfer stuff from Wii to the new console

I want the new nintendo console to be more like a PS3, better online, make your own account with a gamerscore (Like 360),

Also I want the Wii hardware to improve, get a DVD player on there and hard drive and stuff, that'd make it millions better

I think it will be easier on both the 360 and the PS3. Both consoles use an account based system, so when the new systems arrive you will be able to link them to your existing accounts.

On the other hand the Wii is hardware linked. I don't say it's impossible, but knowing Nintendo it could be the corner stone to force everyone to purchase the games again.

I think possibly in the future there will be no need to go to shops to buy games, but instead using a download service like the Wii Shop Channel, but with real games. I don't know, but if this happens, then maybe we will be able to link our old Club Nintendo accounts where we registered our VC games, and then maybe we get to download those VC titles again on the next gen console... but who knows... anything could happen with video games in the future...

hmm... maybe they could let us type in our old wii serial number into the new wii shop and it would give us access to all the games we downloaded on the old wii.

It would be a good idea, or maybe a service like GoToMyPC, where you will be able to connect to your wii and download the games from there... but anyway, if the new console comes with SD card supprt, then maybe we will just be able to save the data to an SD card and copy it to our new systems from there... like i said before... anything can happen!!!

It would be a good idea, or maybe a service like GoToMyPC, where you will be able to connect to your wii and download the games from there... but anyway, if the new console comes with SD card supprt, then maybe we will just be able to save the data to an SD card and copy it to our new systems from there... like i said before... anything can happen!!!
yeah but then we could transfer the games to any of the new systems which would mean some people wouldn't have to pay for the games. maybe you could type your wii's friend code into the new system and nintendo would send a message to the wii asking if you want to give the new system access to all of the games purchased on the wii and warn them only one new system can have access to it.

Last edited:
People would be able to get the games without paying

Yeah, people would be passing SD Cards around and everyone would have every VC game out and without paying a penny!

But saying that, Nintendo could always put like a security lock type thingy on the VC games, so that the games can only e copied from the SD card once... It probably wouldn't work with hackers always finding a way around Nintendo's updates... but it's and idea that Nintendo could try to implement! :thumbsup:

I think they would just have you give the serial number of your wii. Then you could re-download your vc games. I don't know about making wii online more like 360 or ps3 then we would probably have to pay for a subscription on top of paying for our vc games. I guess I would like the set up to be similair without having to for out the dough.

I personally would be very suprised if they dont let u transfer ur VC/WW games to the next console.

I have a Club Nintendo account and have every single VC/WW game registered, it does it automaticly.

Now i have a real online account verifiing i have bought these games.

couple interesting points here.

1.)the next gen of consoles is more than 3-5yrs off. it is MUCH closer to a 10yr cycle. look at all the current consoles, and think of their predecessors

2.)it is possible that VC/WW games will transfer, otherwise ppl have spent alot of money for nothing. then again, ppl spent a LOT of money w/ previous consoles, and often they were not compatible w/ the next gen

3.)the wii CAN play dvd's. one simply needs to get a mod chip (nintendo even sells them) and install it.

4.)so far as i know one cannot transfer games via SD card. not sure if anyone else has tried, but there seems to be data protection attached to wii files on an SD card

5.)why would nintendo make their next console more like the PS3 or Xbox?? wouldnt that defeat the purpose of HAVING a nintendo console? even PS3 & Xbox are different enough that there r pro's & con's between all 3 consoles

I guess im in the dark on a new nintendo console coming out regardless of the time line. can someone update me on the specs. and what kind of graphics we should expect.

Back