Does anybody use there wriststraps

i use mine for the most part, not due to fear of accidentaly throwing it into something. But the strap makes me not throw the wiimote across the room out of frustration/rage sometimes. Doesn't happen often but i've been known to get pretty pissed while playing tiger, 1st place in a tournament through 17 holes then on the 18th it says i hit my drive straigh and i aimed to the left with a tail wind yet somehow the ball finds it's way into the bunker 20 yards shorter than i normally drive and all the way to the right, end up bogeying the whole and coming in tied for 5th... i wanted to kill something quite a few times when things like that happen. The wii strap prevents me from throwing the remote at times like that.

kyle

I wear the wrist strap. It doesn't make me a noob. It makes me cautious. the idea that using the strap makes you stupid or a loser is ONLY expressed by noobs and losers.

I only use it because it annoys me hanging off the end if i don't put it on. It's just like swinging around being annoying. I know i could just take it off but I'd have to keep putting it back on if a younger cousin or something wanted to play on it.

+ It feels really cool to put the strap on then swing the Wii-Mote up and catch it. :D

Frogger said:
I think you're much more of a n00b than me, sweety.

I wear the wrist strap because that's its function, I don't want to act like a complete knob and not wear it, then break something expensive of my own. Plus, it's comfortable, it feels funny when I don't wear the wrist strap.

Nh, don't call me a n00b for your own stupidity.
oopsies, sry frogger, i never noticed that you use the wriststrap. anyways tho im using the word n00bs cuz my hands just about have build-in grip (lolz) so i dont need it, and.. yeah.. n00bs dont usually have "video game grip" and some non-n00bs dont either, i guess.. but anyways, no offence frogger i was refering to the actual n00bs that use the wriststraps that posted before me. -_-"

wii_girliefairie said:
oopsies, sry frogger, i never noticed that you use the wriststrap. anyways tho im using the word n00bs cuz my hands just about have build-in grip (lolz) so i dont need it, and.. yeah.. n00bs dont usually have "video game grip" and some non-n00bs dont either, i guess.. but anyways, no offence frogger i was refering to the actual n00bs that use the wriststraps that posted before me. -_-"

...Who are the noobs then? The people who proudly admit they wear a wrist strap to protect their things or set a good example to their kids? Yeah, somehow, I don't think that they're in the wrong here.

The Wiimote material makes me... Very clammy... So "natural hand grip" or whatever you just made up can't avoid sweat, or you're not playing your games that much... Wait, isn't being a casual gamer nooby? Hm, it just really doesn't make sense now.

why would you use a wrist strap?
oh yeah cus stupid retards accidently kill the TV.
oh yeah, its not like you throw your controller now is it?

Kingrib said:
why would you use a wrist strap?
oh yeah cus stupid retards accidently kill the TV.
oh yeah, its not like you throw your controller now is it?

It can slip, and I don't think my TV can break, it's a huge hunk of crap.

It's like a seatbelt, moron.

godofwar66 said:
I dont have many either a lot of my games i sit down and play and you usually dont have much movement playing those games. if i stand up it is comfortable and your legs get tired fast if your not moving the only game i really stand for is wii sports.

sum1 is out of shape :ciappa:

l7cx1Cl said:
sum1 is out of shape :ciappa:
ok im a little out of shape but you try standing in the same spot for 2 hrs or more and looking downwards on a small t.v. playing metroid or mario strikers charged it gets very tiring I can do it on wii sports maybe because you do move your legs a lot more.

I think its stupid if you call some one a noob when they wear a wrist strap. I would if i had an expensive tv and had more games that moved around like wii sports but i dont. I dont wear it because it is unconrfortable and i only have metroid, zelda, and mario strikers and they dont need it because they dont take much movement.

i don't see any real advantage of not wearing the strap, but there are a few advantages to wearing it. I guess some people don't wear it due to comfort but a lot of people who don't wear it is probably because they think it looks stupid, i'm not really worried about how much of a loser i may look like in the privacy of my own home. only time i don't is when i'm playing excite truck because it's really annoying when it's there holding the wiimote sideways, but like i said earlier i have to watch out for purposely throwing the wiimote, but that doesn't happen often playing excite truck considering it's an easy game.

kyle

i use mine. ive never thrown the wiimote though. and i do use the wii jackets. the only slightly problamatic thing thats happen to me is playing wii boxing and i accidently hit the nunchuk into the wiimote...

Back