Does God exist?

its normal that ppl belive and don't belive the i exist but only the past tells those secrets

Of course God exists! He created us and everyone knows that, well Christians do. I am a Christian but I do believe for a fact God exists. Satin exists. Angels exists. Everything exists.

I'm glad I'm not aethiest.....

I'm glad I'm not aethiest.....
why? personally i find its better not believing in religion.
when you find something you don't understand or that defies all known logic, instead of claiming its a miracle of god you study and learn how it happened.
people would be nice not cause they're scared of eternal damnation(which a lot of religious people are like this) but because they want to be nice.

personally it just seems better then believing in a fairy tale

I have utmost respect for your views, but I disagree. I am nice because I have discovered that good behavior has its own rewards, and those rewards associate to much of what God desires in us. If I was athiest (something I used to be) I would have less of a motivation to be such a person as there would seem to be less of a real advantage in pursuing a respectable lifestyle based on my own terms over one that may be more inclined towards imitating others or expectations. I'm not trying to make cheap shots at anyone or anything; this is just my view.

Also, people being afraid of eternal damnation is one thing. Knowing that I am encouraged to be as much of a quality and contented individual as possible is another.

Last edited:
Story of Jesus' Brother

I'm screwing with everybody. That's what I heard on either History Channel or Science Channel. They (Scientists) say they've discovered Jesus' casket and his remains (Supposedly) somewhere away from the original burial site. Then they've found another casket that happened to have DNA Similar to Jesus' (Carbon Dating also might have been envolved as well) . I cannot prove it or not and maybe this is just another one of those Global Warming stories (Where they hide all the facts).

I have utmost respect for your views, but I disagree. I am nice because I have discovered that good behavior has its own rewards, and those rewards associate to much of what God desires in us. If I was athiest I would have less of a motivation to do so as there wouldn't seem to be less of an real advantage in pursuing a respectable lifestyle over one filled with simply imitating others. That is just my opinion.

People being afraid of eternal damnation is one thing. Knowing that I am encouraged to be as much of a quality, contented human being as possible is another.

Maybe you can help me because most people have treated me like an a******, and now I sort of act like an a*******.

My advice? Sure. Since it's somewhat off-topic, I'll PM you about it.

Last edited:
If I was athiest (something I used to be) I would have less of a motivation to be such a person as there would seem to be less of a real advantage in pursuing a respectable lifestyle based on my own terms over one that may be more inclined towards imitating others or expectations.

Really? I think that a Christian lifestyle is much more oppressive of individuality and self-expression. If I wasn't an atheist, I'd definitely have had a harder time coming to terms with myself (for example, in terms of my sexuality) due to Christian expectations on acceptable behaviour. The idea of homosexuality as a sin can kinndddd of ruin the lives of many gay Christians. This is just the first Christian expectation that comes to mind.

Me living a God-fearing lifestyle would mean me not being myself. And that just doesn't fly with me, I'm sorry.

If I was athiest (something I used to be) I would have less of a motivation to be such a person as there would seem to be less of a real advantage in pursuing a respectable lifestyle based on my own terms over one that may be more inclined towards imitating others or expectations.

Really? I think that a Christian lifestyle is much more oppressive of individuality and self-expression. If I wasn't an atheist, I'd definitely have had a harder time coming to terms with myself (for example, in terms of my sexuality) due to Christian expectations on acceptable behaviour. The idea of homosexuality as a sin can kinndddd of ruin the lives of many gay Christians. This is just the first Christian expectation that comes to mind.

Me living a God-fearing lifestyle would mean me not being myself. And that just doesn't fly with me, I'm sorry.

Other than the difficulty facing gay Christians, Christianity is the contrary of everything you just said. Those who actually feel that is the way of Christianity aren't interpreting it right.

When you're a Christian, being yourself means self-discovery through observing what God wants you to see within yourself. Just because someone follows the teachings of the text doesn't mean he is suddenly not living according to what he/she wants out of his/her own life. It is actually the opposite because those teachings helps them lead a life that they wanted for themselves in the first place.

What has to be understood is that the Bible isn't just a book full of rules that are pitting us against our true intentions for ourselves. Just because I fear God doesn't mean I fear being myself or preventing the ability of being myself. I am myself thanks to God, actually (I have more individuality, more self-expression, etc.). The fearing comes in because I understand that only true goodness is worth pursuing in this world while other things will have their consequences.

Obviously, all of this may seem like bull if someone is gay. All I can say about that is even though it is discouraged in the Bible (I actually need more research on this bit), God would love the person anyway. You can be homosexual all your life and God would never leave your side the whole way through. Your intentions are good, after all.

Last edited:
I have utmost respect for your views, but I disagree. I am nice because I have discovered that good behavior has its own rewards, and those rewards associate to much of what God desires in us. If I was athiest (something I used to be) I would have less of a motivation to be such a person as there would seem to be less of a real advantage in pursuing a respectable lifestyle based on my own terms over one that may be more inclined towards imitating others or expectations. I'm not trying to make cheap shots at anyone or anything; this is just my view.

Also, people being afraid of eternal damnation is one thing. Knowing that I am encouraged to be as much of a quality and contented individual as possible is another.
When you're a Christian, being yourself means self-discovery through observing what God wants you to see within yourself. Just because someone follows the teachings of the text doesn't mean he is suddenly not living according to what he/she wants out of his/her own life. It is actually the opposite because those teachings helps them lead a life that they wanted for themselves in the first place.

What has to be understood is that the Bible isn't just a book full of rules that are pitting us against our true intentions for ourselves. Just because I fear God doesn't mean I fear being myself or preventing the ability of being myself. I am myself thanks to God, actually (I have more individuality, more self-expression, etc.). The fearing comes in because I understand that only true goodness is worth pursuing in this world while other things will have their consequences.
Well each to their own I guess, but personally I don't feel like my life is any less contented or motivated without God, nor do I feel like I'm lacking individuality- in fact, individuality is one of the things I prize most. To me, not having to worry about what God thinks of me gives me much greater scope to be an individual than I'd have otherwise.

Other than the difficulty facing gay Christians, Christianity is the contrary of everything you just said. Those who actually feel that is the way of Christianity aren't interpreting it right.

Obviously, all of this may seem like bull if someone is gay. All I can say about that is even though it is discouraged in the Bible (I actually need more research on this bit), God would love the person anyway. You can be homosexual all your life and God would never leave your side the whole way through. Your intentions are good, after all.

Don't get me wrong-- I think it's perfectly acceptable for gays to be Christian, and I don't think it's hypocrisy at all. I'm just saying that if I was living in a more Christian conservative society, coming out and accepting myself would have been an incredibly difficult task, as it is for many gay Christians.

Back