Does God exist?

I'm too lazy to read the thread from the beginning to end.... So.... What is going on about "Does God Exist?"

I do not believe in God,

People say that God said thou shall not kill, but he drowns several thousands of people in the supposed true story of Noah's Ark. He drowned the people as a punishment, well that isn't a punishment when you straight up kill them without them learning from their mistakes.
Another flaw is the fact he created the devil as an angel, but later went against God's ideas. So God banished him in the center of the earth, leaving him chained down or however the books claim him to be. Now if the Devil is the worst being imaginable? Why can't God eliminate him just like the thousands of other people he killed?
Even if that is all true, what about every persons theory of death? Do we go to heaven or hell, but even if we did, what would be the point? I really feel that death is really the end, because does it make sense to say we are dead, but when logically we will still be alive just in another place (Which is what I feel the suicide bombers believe in)? Even for those that do go to hell, and if punishments is carried out for the sins of that person, then wouldn't that person get use to it? He is going to spend the rest of his life there so I don't really see the whole idea of what the person is to learn.

These are just questions and opinions.

Last edited:
Those are good questions. I'm not by any means the most well-researching of Christians (I am slowly trying to closer-examine the text), but I'll answer your questions as best as I can with the logic I have developed from what I do know from the text.

Question 1:

Well, the thing about life is that God has established it is precious and it will come and go at no defined time. We either die at a very young age or are blessed to die of elderly, natural causes. The unchanging point has always been that every waking moment is precious and to live out each day like it is your last. That is our responsibility whether we die of old age or are untimely washed away by a flood. While the deaths of an entire generation of people are tragic, we have a responsibility from the get-go.

I don't see responsibility as a bad thing. In fact, it's liberating, in my opinion, because otherwise each waking moment has no value. It should also be understood that God means everything He does for good, so for all we know these victims reside in heaven now (which is explained as a realm greater than our own). Either way, the moment was ultimately for the greater good.

Question 2:

The devil is an angel, yeah, but seeing as he was banished, it would seem that even angels have the choice to obey God. The reason why God won't simply kill him (if that is even possible by our definition of death) is probably because, well, he's an angel. His extermination of the people during the time of Noah simply transformed them, so to speak, since God says there is an existence after death (death itself is not an evil concept). For angels, the rules must be different somehow regarding death as they aren't human like us, but I don't have knowledge on that at the moment.

Also, ask yourself this: why would God send the devil down to Earth, still giving him access to torment people everywhere? Since God is defined as the embodiment of good, this would mean the goodness gained from pursuing a righteous lifestyle is so great that the measure of the Devil's influence is weak by comparison, thus making his relentless agenda to "defeat" good doomed to fail. Turning from God's wishes would be what stimulates access of the Devil into a person's life, so at the end of the day, the only one who is meant to deal with him is God, Himself (as explicitly mentioned in the text). That would make sense, though, because why would we be concerned with dealing with an angel?

Question 3:

My theory of death is the same as the Bible's interpretation. My only question of it is why a person who has been banished to Hell would be there eternally, but the magnitude and significance of "eternal" is something beyond what a time-bound human could comprehend, anyway. I feel that the point of the matter is that there are ultimate consequences that are involved based on how we live our lives, and that's enough for me to have an appreciation for myself and how I approach every waking moment.

As for how a hellbound person would "get used to it", it is impossible to know, really. What is known is that Hell is a place of eternal suffering and that it is a place beyond our current existence. In my opinion, being able to analyze the magnitude of its suffering wouldn't make much sense in the first place (our only means of comparison are the suffering of our current existence), so the only thing we can do is either accept that they won't get used to it or not believe in Hell at all. Personally, I believe that Hell really, really sucks and that's all we really have to understand at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Also, ask yourself this: why would God send the devil down to Earth, still giving him access to torment people everywhere? It would mean two things. 1. The devil is weak and 2. The goodness of pursuing a righteous lifestyle is so great that the measure of the Devil's influence is weak by comparison. Turning from God's wishes would be what stimulates access of the Devil into a person's life, so at the end of the day, the only one who needs to deal with him is God, Himself (as explicitly mentioned in the text).
But that just raises raises the question, if God doesn't want us follow the Devil, and he already said he's eventually going to destroy the Devil, why didn't he just do that from the start?

Well, I was unaware that it was said He would eventually destroy him. Again, I don't have complete knowledge of the text, but I'm trying to get there. So far from what I know from the Bible, I have understood that the conflict is only between Him and the devil. (In case you further cite that post, I have since editted it before you quoted it the first time, though most of it was to encourage clarity)

@DG: why? it's nothing but lies, just like every religious text.

i have yet to see or hear proof of god, and inteligent design is not proof. until i do get proof, i refuse to believe in a lie.

@kikae: what?

Yeah,sadly there isnt proof.Only believes.Its like santa claus for adults..Like people say then how did the universe start.Then,as disscused say the big bang (theory).But remember thats only a theory.

a theory yes, but it has evidence to back it up, to prove it.

god has no evidence, no proof, and thus does not exist.

But still, people like me still believe in god more than that theory.

a theory yes, but it has evidence to back it up, to prove it.
Alright I just want to make this clear, because people keep making this mistake: A theory is not just a guess. It is a testable model which is consistent with observations. Lemaître didn't just come up with the Big Bang theory on a whim, it was based on the evidence available. And what's more, since his day the evidence for the Big Bang has increased, especially with the discovery of the cosmic microwave background.

Incidentally, Lemaître himself was not only a believer in God, he was a priest.

Last edited:
Isn't there research involving archeology and other such things that support the story of Jesus? I keep hearing from people that such research exists, not to the point of factually explaining anything, but at least to the point that it becomes a theory, perhaps?

Whether that is true or not, even theories require a stroke of faith if they to be supported, right? If so, what happens if the issue never has factual evidence? Surely we can't simply write off that the phenomenon we're trying to explain suddenly does not have an existing reason for it just because we haven't found an answer.

Anyway, I could argue that the "evidence" surrounding God's word is in first having faith in it and applying it to one's life. Over time, it has a way of benefiting a person's lifestyle and giving it purpose and direction. The evidence, so to speak, is in its positive results that are experienced internally.

Having personally experienced this myself in my own life is mainly how I have been able to evolve from a skeptic into a believer. Even I love to have my share of facts on pretty much anything before I can believe it, but I have to remember that the concept of God primarily has a spiritual basis. How can we understand the spirit if we can't even place a degree of our faith (which is wholly spiritual) in something?

Isn't there research involving archeology and other such things that support the story of Jesus? I keep hearing from people that such research exists, not to the point of factually explaining anything, but at least to the point that it becomes a theory, perhaps?
It's impossible to say exactly how accurate the Gospels are, but someone had to start the religion. I think at the least, it's safe to say that someone in land of Israel was preaching what they claimed to be the word of God at some time around 30-33 AD.

Whether that is true or not, even theories require a stroke of faith if they to be supported, right? If so, what happens if the issue never has factual evidence? Surely we can't simply write off that the phenomenon we're trying to explain suddenly does not have an existing reason for it just because we haven't found an answer.
Scientists do sometimes make leaps of faith regarding theories, but unlike religion, it's in the assumption that we'll find evidence for them later- a good scientists doesn't just rely on their own beliefs. Technically speaking, a theory is never really 'proven' (they can be disproved, however), but it can reach a point where there is so much evidence that it would be foolish to deny it.

people like to bring up the point, "God will smite you to hell if you don't do what he says"
There ARE many definitions to hell, as someone above said. But the place hell was even admitted to being made up (i think in the 1500s) to cause fear so the people would stay in line.

Napalm, I love every single one of your posts. You make a great spokesman for like, every logical opinion. You say everything I'm thinking but in a non-dumbass way. hahaah

Back