Does it really matter the LITE edit over reg?

Prelude

Honda Lover
Nov 26, 2006
Pensacola, Florida
Wii Online Code
7607-0325-4782-7631
Hey y all, Im thinking of buying one and I love the electric blue one and I love the black DS lite but ive been to a zillion diff walmarts lately and have only seen one in stock. I have a big craving for one after waiting outside target on day one for the wii and everyone was playing Mario kart, one of my most favorite nintendo titles ever made. Anywho, for 119 and 129 for the Lite, its plenty cheap! Anyhow, just wanted a real take. Like what the diff were between them, is one any better than just a little smaller etc? Lets be really serious on this one as Im not sure which one i should get.

Thanks

I could just understand half of your post, but yeah, the lite is 1000 thousand times better than the Normal DS, so buy it, I recommend it you

still no one is saying why? WHy is it so much better? Common guys id like to see some real reasons why its best? I love that color of the electric blue so much as it matches my honda Prelude perfectly! LOL but i know the Lite is of course lighter and smaller. So whats some good reasons why to pick one over the other?

screen is brighter and crisper and its smaller and more compact, looks better, i like it loads more than i did the clunky DS, ds looks like it was designed by apple :p

edit, the structure is smaller and more compact the screen i think is the same size..

The regular DS it a fat hairy mole and the DS lite isn't sorry just had to say that on a more serious note heres some product information in comparison to the Regualr DS:

It’s less than two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and more than 20percent lighter.

Its two bright screens can be adjusted to four levels to adapt to different lighting conditions and to extend battery power.

The microphone sits in the center of the unit, and the LED lights are clearly visible whether the unit is open or closed.

The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 1 millimeter thicker than the stylus of the original, and slides into a side storage slot.

The Start and Select buttons were repositioned for easier access.

Last edited:
Prelude said:
still no one is saying why? WHy is it so much better? Common guys id like to see some real reasons why its best? I love that color of the electric blue so much as it matches my honda Prelude perfectly! LOL but i know the Lite is of course lighter and smaller. So whats some good reasons why to pick one over the other?

Ok, well let me tell you the advantages of getting the DS Lite over the regular (ugly looking) DS.

-Smaller and more compact. (Can fit in your pocket unnoticably at work or school.).

- Brighter screen, trust me this does make a difference.

- More variety of colors.

- Smaller stylus (which means it doesn't weighs nearly nothing now.).

- Extended Battery Life

- Revamped controls, the controls look and feel well placed.

- The Power Button. Instead of having to hold the power button (such as doing so to the old Ps2) there's a little switch on the side that you just flip on.

- The R and L buttons are a bit wider.

89E6919C20089.jpg

Notice%20the%20difference%20in%20branding%20between%20the%20old%20DS%20and%20the%20DS%20Lite.jpg

nice replies, i really appreciate it! TO the guy above who said more choice of colors...I almost laughed, 3 colors isnt alot! im not feeling white, Pink is just gay (though my wal mart buddy said he is always asked for that color recently) and black is hott but it seems everyone I saw with one has that color.. Id deff have to go with the black just cause I like the color over the white. I just wish they would give us more of a choice of colors!!! THanks for the pics, good add there!

Prelude said:
, Pink is just gay (though my wal mart buddy said he is always asked for that color recently)
Apparently when it launched in japan a lot of guys camped out to get one for there girlfriends committed plus

haha well thats the Japs for ya huh, they are all into those kiddie stuff and their power puff girlfriends! lol my gf wouldnt lay a hand on one and she isnt really into video games at all, thinks they are boy toys and takes away from her time with me! haha She begins work in the hospital on monday for the first day so she is mega nervous and would never have time for a video game:( I tried but she just wont play!

Prelude said:
nice replies, i really appreciate it! TO the guy above who said more choice of colors...I almost laughed, 3 colors isnt alot! im not feeling white, Pink is just gay (though my wal mart buddy said he is always asked for that color recently) and black is hott but it seems everyone I saw with one has that color.. Id deff have to go with the black just cause I like the color over the white. I just wish they would give us more of a choice of colors!!! THanks for the pics, good add there!

They do have more colors, Artic White, Coral Pink and Onyx Black. Of course, around Spring time there will be more colors such as Green and maybe another Spring color. I would go for Pink, as that's the color for pimps. Trust me. :cool:

Kamikaze said:
Ok, well let me tell you the advantages of getting the DS Lite over the regular (ugly looking) DS.

-Smaller and more compact. (Can fit in your pocket unnoticably at work or school.).

- Brighter screen, trust me this does make a difference.

- More variety of colors.

- Smaller stylus (which means it doesn't weighs nearly nothing now.).

- Extended Battery Life

- Revamped controls, the controls look and feel well placed.

- The Power Button. Instead of having to hold the power button (such as doing so to the old Ps2) there's a little switch on the side that you just flip on.

- The R and L buttons are a bit wider.

the ds lite has BIGGER styluss! :tard:

mmm yah i better go with the Lite then cause the ladies say i have a bigger stylus as well! haha And aint no way im going with pink, its black or nothing and I was at a million stores this morning for the Wii and not one store even had a Lite in stock, and ive only ever found one Onyx in stock and it was at a walmart an hour away!

Thanks for the help yall, today I broke down and bought a Black DS Lite from the Eb gamestore here along with Mario kart (my passion) and Metroid prime hunter or whatever, it was recommended as a good used game, only 14.99! lol. Anyhow, Im ready for some Mario Kart challenges!!! Thanks again for all the recommendations!

Back