Does xbox 360 break

there's no issues with the xbox 360.

If your worried about issues, buy the warranty from EB Games, were you can bring it back and get a new one without waiting.

Then call Microsoft, and upgrade to the 3 year warranty for 50$ and you'll be set for 3 years.

I got mine last May, and i have had no issues at all.

Friend of mine got one for xmas, and the Hard Drive crashed within 10min.

So if there's something wrong with the Xbox, it will be in the first month man.

Enjoy!

I got mine in January of last year, I haven't had any problems till now, its began freezing about every 15 minutes:frown2:

twice

im on to my second xbox in a year both broke with hardware failures so i wasnt pleased as it happened a couple of days after christmas new games and couldnt even play them. i got sooooooo bored so i went out and bought a wii and im very happy that i did.

Wow, nail me to a cross guys it was a joke. But my friends 360 has had to be replaced twice. Played great for about 30 minutes then the screen just filled up with blue boxes.

Everything breaks eventually.
Why would you ask for 360 advice on a Wii forum?
Kinda irrelevant eh?
But They blow up.
My friend's did.

I'm on my 3rd, but it's only about a 2 week turnaround to get it replaced from Microsoft, so it's no real biggie.

blueradio said:
Everything breaks eventually.
Why would you ask for 360 advice on a Wii forum?
Kinda irrelevant eh?
But They blow up.
My friend's did.

This is the Xbox 360 section of the forum.

*points up at the navigation links*

yeah the xbox 360 is always having a lot of errors i already had to send mine in once and it was replaced. but on the bright side the customer service people at microsoft are very nice and helpful. (at least the one i was talking to)

Much better than used to be, but play it safe.

As someone who works in a gaming store. So long as bought new they are far improved in their conditioning and durability. However for piece of mind I would always say take the extended cover that many stores offer, as it can save on alot of time waiting for repairs and replacements should it be needed and can often be done on the spot in store (this is the case in my store anyway).

Furthermore the extended warranty on the machine tends to be less than 10% of the console cost, and with the massive price crash that has just happened on the 360 it would still be by far the best financially with very little difference in game-play between that and the ps3 and would ease your concerns about the life span of the machine.

No claims discount offer an interesting article to support what I have said which is also worth a look;

http://www.noclaimsdiscount.co.uk/news/art_display.php?show=200902031

As someone who works in a gaming store. So long as bought new they are far improved in their conditioning and durability. However for piece of mind I would always say take the extended cover that many stores offer, as it can save on alot of time waiting for repairs and replacements should it be needed and can often be done on the spot in store (this is the case in my store anyway).

Furthermore the extended warranty on the machine tends to be less than 10% of the console cost, and with the massive price crash that has just happened on the 360 it would still be by far the best financially with very little difference in game-play between that and the ps3 and would ease your concerns about the life span of the machine.

No claims discount offer an interesting article to support what I have said which is also worth a look;

http://www.noclaimsdiscount.co.uk/news/art_display.php?show=200902031

This thread is two years old... :eek:

is it just me or did all the noobs from the Wii section come over to the 360 forums?

kinda the reason i dont leave 360/ps3 secions.

anyways to the OP there is really no way to tell if your console will be defected or not. mine did some wierd ****. the day after i bought it, it had a hardware failure, or at least thats what it was showing, took it to gamestop and they said it was fine, wich it was and i could see that. no problems from then on for the next year. then one day it actually did have a hardware failure and im on my second 360, it's been fine since then, maybe six months or so.

my friends has been fine hes had it over a year and no hardware failure, but last night his disc drive went.

Microsoft has extended all hardware failure warrenties for 3 years, any other problems are covered for up to 1 year for free. after that yoru on your own. my buddy is going to have to pay 100 dollars to get his fixed.

Back