doesn the wee-wee have a hardrive?

maybe on the hardrive or maybe there will be an option to put them onto the sd card that will go into the sd memory card slots

The way I understand it is that the Wii comes with a 512mb internal flash drive. This would store quite a few (several hundred) NES/SNES/Genesis games, but only a handful of N64 games (I say around 40-50 max). Plus this has to store patches for games, plus saved game files... so I don't know how long that will last. But the Wii will be able to expand its memory with SD cards, which could potentially quadruple its storage space, and unconfirmed is the ability to use USB flash drives as hard drives too.

Phew.

yeah most likely i mean i SAW usb outlets on the back of the wii lol, but yeah, what else would they be used for?

-komio

I think they'll have External Hard-Drives to buy, but im not sure. The 512 mb Internal Flash Drive sounds pretty small.

As stated above it has a built in 512MB storage device, which should be enough for most people, but it will probably have support for putting the ROM's onto FAT32 formatted USB devices.

Wilko said:
The way I understand it is that the Wii comes with a 512mb internal flash drive. This would store quite a few (several hundred) NES/SNES/Genesis games, but only a handful of N64 games (I say around 40-50 max). Plus this has to store patches for games, plus saved game files... so I don't know how long that will last. But the Wii will be able to expand its memory with SD cards, which could potentially quadruple its storage space, and unconfirmed is the ability to use USB flash drives as hard drives too.

Phew.

patches....?
im thinking it will be you just purchase them online on your own account, then when you want to play them you click the icon, then it loads it up

Sovieto, the only problom for that though is, what if your in an area that has no internet, say you go up to your lake house or grandparents house and they have no internet. But since you mentioned that, it will probably be like that with the option to download it to your built in storage.

oh yah thats what i thought of before, maybe be an option where you can save games onto the wii or something, man its nintendo, they will work it out, and im sure it will take less memory for like a n64 game than we think, they can compress it mroe probaly

Wilko said:

Phew.

are there 40 decent 64 games? why would someone even want that many?

note: yes i love 64

Back