DONT RUN WITH YOUR iPOD!!!!!

Mr. person

Warhammer 40k is the best
Jun 22, 2007
over the rainbow
I was at an apple store the other daytrying to get my brothers ipod to work so wen we got to the genius bar they ask if he ran with it he ran once or twice but he said that ipods are not suposed to be ran with and the harddrive fails but the reason of my brothers ipods death because it got banged up so i just wanted to give u the heads up:smilewinkgrin:

That isn't a problem if you have a Nano or Shuffle since they are flash based and don't have HDDs. Obviously if you are bouncing any HDD up and down it is going to get scratched and eventually stop working. To help prevent that they load a few songs into its memory and stop the HDD until it needs to load some more songs into the memory then it stops again. That will help prevent it, but it won't completely solve the problem.

Assuming my Ipod Mini isn't that high tech. I have nothing to worry about.. Come to think of it I've dropped my ipod at least five or so times, spilled a drink on it (accidentally) and I wear it while playing hockey (position: goalie).

that happend to my olympus mrobe. while running and doing excersizes in the gym leaving my mp3 player in my pocket, it ended up not working. they said the same thing to me that running ruined the non existant anti skip or something wacked out like that.

it still worked after leaving it pluged in but eventually craped out on me becuase it was touch sensitive and i might of screwed it up from heavy hands :sick:

ill stick to my china made mp4 player that i adore so much <33

ipods kinda suck anyway, mine sometimes doesnt turn off and it sometimes randomly goes onto the black apple pic, cos it crashes or something

I've got a Nano and i walk and run around with it a lot. Sometimes I even skateboard with it on. It works fine for me. Oh well...I bet it will eventually break this way...

thanks a lot for the heads up though. I'll keep it in mind.

ARav989 said:
I've got a Nano and i walk and run around with it a lot. Sometimes I even skateboard with it on. It works fine for me. Oh well...I bet it will eventually break this way...

thanks a lot for the heads up though. I'll keep it in mind.
No, because like I said before the Nano uses flash memory not a hard drive.

I don't think most people run with a Video iPod. Mots runners choose the iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle or the iPod Nano - lighter choices than the Video iPod. The Video iPod is good for people with tons of songs and videos.

Yup, this just furthers my opinion that apple is junk..

Mmm.. solid state memory...

Nhm, I'd keep movement restricted, it people are exercising, then having it on your wrist is going to affect it much worse than having it on your hips, which I do.

People are demanding to use their iPod everywhere, I mean, in the bath:

waterproof-ipod-lg1.jpg

the only sport i use my ipod in is golf... and that doesn't really involve running.

if you're one of those weird-o's who call poker a sport, i use it there too. again.... not much running.

Back