England Smoking Ban

Frogger said:
How can anyone class something as "addictive"? Surely, it's just a word for people to admit they have no will power.
Smoking addiction isn't true addiction..

try comparing someone addicted to nicotine, and someone addicted to coke...
it's a different story.

being addicted toe alcohole and nicotine is just a will power thing.

imo the ban is pretty wank, clubs are gunna ****ing stink of sweat to the max. i think im probs gunna end up quitting, or at least cut down, im not addicted im just a social smoker lol :p

cif said:
imo the ban is pretty wank, clubs are gunna ****ing stink of sweat to the max. i think im probs gunna end up quitting, or at least cut down, im not addicted im just a social smoker lol :p

cut down on the fags or cut down on going to clubs?:smilewinkgrin:

Pot Noodles were also proven to give you cancer. Everything seems to cause cancer these days and many people who are close to me have suffered because of it.

Not many of them smoked.

Is anyone here even aware of the basic fundamentals of Toxicology?

Passive smoking isn't near as detrimental to a non-smokers health as it's made out to be; propaganda my dear, unaware friends.

The passive dose of the chemicals in question doesn't even come near to the percentage inflicted upon the actual smoker, so the chances of getting cancer purely based off of the chemicals ingested from inhaling passive smoke are very slim.

What most surveys and acclaimed 'facts' don't provide or even calculate (usually from being unable to measure), is that there are probably a dickload of other elements attributed to someone contracting cancer, so instead it's just pinned on the passive smoking, because that is the only measurable source.

Back on topic: Smoking never really bothered me anyway, and after the government standing on the balls of the smokers even more now, it's just even less of an issue to piss around on.

I don't smoke btw, however I am curious as to the pleasures a cuban may harness.

Gaz said:

it's a different story.

Wow, Gaz has to be the most ignorant person I have met in a while.

Nicotine not addictive? RofL!

The only difference between a heroine/meth addiction is that when you use heroine and meth regularly you are substituting chemicals that your body would normally produce, so then your body stops producing them itself and then relys on the drug for that purpose. Nicotine works the same way just not as severe.

Caffeine addictions are even medically classified as physical addictions.

So please stfu and read a book.

Last edited:
Gaz said:

it's a different story.

I used to have a major problem with coke....

At one point I was drinking 3- 4 cans a day :( - *Shame*

captainff said:
cut down on the fags or cut down on going to clubs?:smilewinkgrin:

I think he means cutting down going to fag clubs.... ;)

*Note to Audience - Brandon is not actually homophobic, and apologizes for any offence caused by his stupid homophobic (but funny?:thumbsup:) remarks.

Last edited:
cif said:

So, you're saying that the smoke clouded up night clubs so that you didn't have to smell other people's sweat? Well, at least you have your health.

Oh wait.

ignorancedu4.jpg

But, honestly, smoking gives off more of an odour than sweat, I haven't heard anyone complaining about sweat, when people try to issue a minimal dancing ban, then you can shoot me in the face. It's because you cannot recognise the smell because you are used to it, now, I'm going to sum it up for you, to me, it's like drowning, in air.

vagrant said:
Wow, Gaz has to be the most ignorant person I have met in a while.

Nicotine not addictive? RofL!

The only difference between a heroine/meth addiction is that when you use heroine and meth regularly you are substituting chemicals that your body would normally produce, so then your body stops producing them itself and then relys on the drug for that purpose. Nicotine works the same way just not as severe.

Caffeine addictions are even medically classified as physical addictions.

So please stfu and read a book.
i didn't say it wasn't an addiction, i said it was nothing compared to TRUE addictions which actually reuin lives. of course it is addictive, it would be stupid to say it wasn't!

Loaf-head said:

Passive smoking isn't near as detrimental to a non-smokers health as it's made out to be; propaganda my dear, unaware friends.

The passive dose of the chemicals in question doesn't even come near to the percentage inflicted upon the actual smoker, so the chances of getting cancer purely based off of the chemicals ingested from inhaling passive smoke are very slim.

What most surveys and acclaimed 'facts' don't provide or even calculate (usually from being unable to measure), is that there are probably a dickload of other elements attributed to someone contracting cancer, so instead it's just pinned on the passive smoking, because that is the only measurable source.

Back on topic: Smoking never really bothered me anyway, and after the government standing on the balls of the smokers even more now, it's just even less of an issue to piss around on.

I don't smoke btw, however I am curious as to the pleasures a cuban may harness.
what a stupid thing to say! pure logic that there is toxins released from cigs...
the smoker has the filtered end, there is smoke released from the unfiltered end that the rest of us have to breath in!!

Last edited:
I think what you are trying to say is that the consequences of having a smoking addiction are not as severe as say a heroin/crack-cocaine addiction.
No one is going to commit serious/violent crimes in order to get money for cigarettes. Cigarettes don't turn you into a pathetic mindless zombie - or hollow shell of a former person...

It is a horrible habit though. It does cause health problems, and I'm glad I don't have to breathe second hand smoke anymore in public places... Only have to breathe it when I am entering a public place as there is a huddle of haggard b*stards/b*tches crowding around the door puffing away. Wait til the Scottish winter gets here. That should thin the ranks of doorway-smokers...

Last edited:
Loaf-head said:

exactly. where were you when i was trying to explain this? you worded it much better than i did.

Back