everybody's nintendo channel

balrogs.pa said:
i think your a retard

Damascus if you read balrogs post again you may notice these are the first words in his post directed at me. Hence my comeback is a play on "retard".

Damascus said:
way to treat a fellow forum member

Where I come from if someone just insults you directly for no reason then I have a right to a comeback. If I made that comment without been insulted first then fair enough you would be correct and I would be an asshole.

I couldn't agree more with the policy of treating everybody equally especially when people disagree but that must apply to everyone. I have never and will never insult somebody on a forum unless they insult me first.
I think thats fair!

Don't want this thread to drift into a game of "who said what", so thats the last response I'll be posting on this.

On Topic:

More importantly is that Nov 28th gonna be a Worldwide launch or will it be Japan or the US only?

hideous.ap said:
Ever since the Playstation launched with the ability to play music cds the world has moved on, hell my 5 years old chipped Xbox has a better all-round featureset than the Wii. The new control method is the only thing innovative about the Wii everything else is a step sideways if not backwards.

Do you even know the definition of innovation? It's the creation of something new and different. Even if the Wii had all the features you listed, they wouldn't be innovative; they would be stale, regurgitated ideas. The Wii is a games console, not a media platform - if you want a central hub for your TV, make yourself a Windows Media Center because it'd be better than any console anyway.

Nintendo aimed to make an affordable, innovative games console and they 100% succeeded in doing so.

Stalky said:
Do you even know the definition of innovation? It's the creation of something new and different. Even if the Wii had all the features you listed, they wouldn't be innovative; they would be stale, regurgitated ideas. The Wii is a games console, not a media platform

I don't call the ability to store all your Wii Downloads, Game Saves, Photo's, Game Trailers and to design games with more features because you can use a HD for tricks such as Virtual Memory stale or regurgitated. In fact I call that innovative and practical.

I have owned a NES, SNES, Gameboy, N64, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, DS and now a Wii. I've been there and bought the cartridge with the Super FX Chip. I'm not saying Nintendo don't make great games consoles, obviously they do cause I keep buying them. I'm saying they scored an own goal by not pushing the Wii to the levels it could have achieved by including a HD as well. It would have allowed so much more possibilities.

You may think a console should not be a Media Center, I disagree with that and by the looks of things so does Nintendo. That is if the rumours are true about a DVD-ready Wii release next year.

Regards.

Cool your jets, guys.

So does anyone have ANY new information on this channel? I'm still really hoping it comes out this month, but its becoming less and less likely.

Got the following from wikipedia:

Future channels
The following are Wii Channels that have been announced but have not yet been released.

Wii Fit Channel
In coordination with their announcement of Wii Fit at E3 2007, Nintendo also issued a press release which stated that users of the game would be able to compare their results and progress on a new channel on the Wii Menu![29]

Everybody's Nintendo Channel
Everybody's Nintendo Channel allows Wii users to download demos for the Nintendo DS and game trailers for both Wii and Nintendo DS where the channel will work in a similar way to DS Download Stations. A search feature will also be available to assist users in finding new games to try. This channel is due to be released in Japan in November, 2007It will be released in Europe in December and in North America as well. [30].

TV Program Guide Channel
TV Program Guide Channel allows you to check what programs are on television. Content will be provided by G-Guide and is set to launch in March 2008 in Japan and May 2008 in North America. The Channel is said to be 'very fun and Nintendo-esque'.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Menu

Yeah I looked at this earlier . So it seems the rumoured dec 10 date might not have been too off the mark (IF wiki is right) .
However it was claimed that check mii out wouldntt be released worldwide at the same time but it was so maybe the trend still wont alter and we all will see it this month like in Japan .

No word has been given.

Japan getting it in November + To date, all channels have been released globally = We get it in November.

Hang on , I just followed hideous's link and nowhere does it say that its released in EU/US in december ! The quote from the post doesnt follow the info on the link
the part about EU/US release is missing

Check the link again:

Everybody's Nintendo Channel allows Wii users to download demos for the Nintendo DS and game trailers for both Wii and Nintendo DS where the channel will work in a similar way to DS Download Stations. A search feature will also be available to assist users in finding new games to try. This channel is due to be released in Japan in November, 2007It will be released in Europe in December and in North America as well.

Looks like someone just bashed that in though, so I wouldn't rely on it.

hideous.ap said:
Ever since the Playstation launched with the ability to play music cds the world has moved on, hell my 5 years old chipped Xbox has a better all-round featureset than the Wii. The new control method is the only thing innovative about the Wii everything else is a step sideways if not backwards. My old Xbox will continue to be used more often than the Wii simply because it has:

- a 320Gig HD
- plays DVDs, AVIs, MP3s, Photos
- a fully customisable OS
- plays online games with voice chat, etc.

u can play online even if it's chipped?

hideous.ap said:
Got the following from wikipedia:

Future channels
The following are Wii Channels that have been announced but have not yet been released.

Wii Fit Channel
In coordination with their announcement of Wii Fit at E3 2007, Nintendo also issued a press release which stated that users of the game would be able to compare their results and progress on a new channel on the Wii Menu![29]

Everybody's Nintendo Channel allows Wii users to download demos for the Nintendo DS and game trailers for both Wii and Nintendo DS where the channel will work in a similar way to DS Download Stations. A search feature will also be available to assist users in finding new games to try. This channel is due to be released in Japan in November, 2007It will be released in Europe in December and in North America as well. [30].

TV Program Guide Channel
TV Program Guide Channel allows you to check what programs are on television. Content will be provided by G-Guide and is set to launch in March 2008 in Japan and May 2008 in North America. The Channel is said to be 'very fun and Nintendo-esque'.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Menu

In which wiki your found this? because it does not say.
hideous.ap said:
This channel is due to be released in Japan in November, 2007It will be released in Europe in December and in North America as well. [30].

It only mentions Japana in Nov. 2007.

Back