Face it, Blu-Ray is needed

New technology isnt known for selling like hot cakes right when its served. The dvd was the same way. Sony does not have enough goods out for the majority of people to make them want to buy a ps3. Its not blue ray thats holding customers back, but rather no incentive to buy it right now. Why buy a car that runs off of Fuel X if Fuel X isnt available to buy yet? People are waiting for the games that make them want to buy it. Those games are still in developement. When they are released people will buy it. The Ps2 followed the same pattern. In an interview, a spokeman from sony says they do not expect high sales at first because they are doing someting new. When their projects are ready for release they will tie it in with a price cut.

You cant say who won and who lost when the race is just beginning. Thats all. People tend to forget that your gonna pay just as much for a 360 than you would for a ps3 with xbox live and the other things microsoft put into place to make a profit.

If sales mean anything to you people, which even with this you may not be accepting of it, than the PS3 is selling just as good as the PS2 was in the same time frame.

Its all about the sales and they arent doing bad.

Wow man, you really have some issues now dont you? First you claim that I live in my parents basement, then start making up **** and when I tell you the truth you flip out.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
Wow, you make 9,000 dollars with just a phone call huh ?

Yes, compared to the 32k I made in 2 months thats not bad for someone my age.

And you live in Hollywood, and you drive an SUV ?
Thats what you were enquiring about by saying I do not. yes.
And you've met Angelina Jolies Dad ? (Who by the way she HATES!)
more like know personally. Of course she hates him, he cheated on her mother and yet, I dont think that hate will last. He is famous in his own light, actor John V.

You can say all the crap you want about whatever you want, but you know its B.S. i know its B.S. and the readers know its B.S.
lol ok kid, believe whatever you want. You are so confident you know me and you have no idea how wrong you are.

If your life was so awesome (as you obviosly think it is) you wouldnt be on a friggin Wii website trying to impress people with your superior lifestyle.
wait, so you are saying that anyong on this wiichat website cannot have an "awsome life"? good job.

Look kid, im not trying to impress anyone with how I choose to live. YOU said i live in my parents basement. That was an invitation to correct you. Nothing more.

How I choose to live my life is my own. I love games and computers. Why shouldnt I get to enjoy that and working in the film industry.

Infact, im suprised you even had time to respond to every post of mine within 15 minutes like you've been doing, I guess you found time inbetween rubbing elbows with Tom arnold, Jean Claude Van Dam and Gary Coleman.
I enjoy surfing the interwebs and writing my own projects. Whats suprising that If I am at my desk, that I could check and respond to a retard on the internets?

It is so, so, so, painfully obvious by this extremely gay, extremely cheap head shot (Suprisingly cheap quality coming from such a wealthy guy) that you are an actor/waitor/HOLLYWOOD BOTTOM FEEDER. You wish you could get the commercial work that you be-little.
no actually it was took by a friend for their portfolio. I am not acting actually to your dismay. Therefore I do not need head shots. I am more or less working along the lines of producing son. You familiar with that? I never claimed to be a star or the top dawg. Im no bottom feeder, but im no king fish either. That takes time and money and quite frankly, getting investors take quite a bit of time.

And no, i do not wish i could get commercial work. I would hate to be type casted as the type to do that crap.

Man i can write code in notepad. Beleive me, people would be suprised to find out how unimpresive code writing for websites is.
never said it was impressive kid. But its a lot better than using your sad dreamweaver comments. I never said I was a programmer, what part of that do you not understand retard?

You really have to put your boots on when your talking to this guy !! Sht's gettin thick in here.

Yes, you succeed at slander. Would you like cookie? or how about a life.

GamerCon said:
How the **** is Sony known for being "Least loyal"?? They have year after year produced the best games the world has seen. What has Nintendo done? They sat on their fat ass's and was like "How can we trick them into giving us money?" What did you get with your Wii? Another ****ing GC. WOW! You sure got the better deal there. Why would i want a console thats improving? Thats retarded, i want a lazy company that dishes out mario games like a dog with diarrhea.

*bangs forhead against desk
sony dosn't care for it's gamers, nintendo does....i thought that was generally known to everyone, even sony fanboys.. alright let's see how nintendo is lazy, uhhh go to wikipedia(lol) type shiggy, and look at what it has to say about shiggeru miyamoto, look at the creator of playstation 1,2,psp and ps3(i know they aren't really related people, but whatever). he got fired for creating the ps3, cause sony lost money despite all the income sony got from the previous three systems. all they care is about money, not the happinesss of their gamers knowing that they are playing playstation 3 games, but that they bought the playstation 3 games.

Seriously? You can honestly look at the past three consoles made by nintendo, then look at the games and say they were really trying? of course you can. Do you have a PS or seen the game library they have? What about their comps or tvs? Check out this paper thin tv sony made, cause they really dont care about the consumer.

470_sonyfilm,0.jpg

In the race for ever-thinner displays for TVs, cell phones and other gadgets, Sony may have developed one to beat them all - a razor-thin display that bends like paper while showing full-colour video.

Sony released video of the new 2.5-inch display on Friday. In it, a hand squeezes a display that is 0.3 millimeters, or 0.01 inch, thick.

The display shows colour images of a bicyclist stuntman and a picturesque lake.

Although flat-panel TVs are getting slimmer, a display that's so thin it bends in a human hand marks a breakthrough.

The next time you say Sony doesnt do anything nice for you, really think about what you said. Next time, dont post if you dont know what your even talking about.

Want more? Oh god yes! Sony will give you more! How about this ultra thin tv?

sonyoled.jpg

Sony said today it plans to start selling ultra-thin TVs using organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology this year.

Sony will be the first in the market using this technology. Currently, OLED have been used in LCD flat panels on laptops including Sony's own VAIO TX and SZ series notebooks.

OLED promises to produce bright (1 million to 1 contrast ratio), colorful images as it does not require backlight like LCD panels do so therefore they're thinner.

Sony is a big investor into the technology and hopes to eventually have it replace LCD TVs.

Sony will begin mass-producing 1,000 of the 11-inch (1024x600 resolution) OLED TVs a month although the price will still be more expensive compared to LCD TVs.

Those bastards! They are just stealing our money and giving nothing back.

Last edited:
Sure but at least Sony is willing to invest. Nintendo wont spend a nickel if they lose a dime. Just think about how Sony has helped everyone and how Big N has helped themselves.

They show off cause they care. Thats like if they made a working teleporter and didnt tell anyone, it would be selfish and thats not caring. If they told people about it and made it availible to the public, its cause they want to spread the tech and give it to you.

I dont see how they dont care about consumers when they do everything for the consumer. If Nintendo made something new, like a car that runs off air, you wouldnt say they were selfish for telling you about it, would you?

Really!? Can I have one? Better not just be a toy. But all of you are forgetting one REALLY important thing, Nintendo is JAPANESE, they're the smartest damn things on the planet! Have you heard about them making holographic discs? (no not 3d images) But it brings out the image SO much more than Blu-Ray or HD does AND it's cheaper to make, that's a big factor.

well when they apply it to wii or nexnex gen then i'll be happy for the japs, and sorry if i am compltly wonrg(too lazy to look it up on the interweb) but didn't sony start out japanese:S

i do not think blue-ray is needed for this gen, people would be happy without it and it jsut wastes monney for sony and the consumers of the ps3,

Last edited:
I wouldnt go as far to say the japanese have the most advanced technology. Many countries, like the USA are up there as well. The thing thats great about japan, is that they use that technology to make cool gadgets while countries like the USA do not make it for public use.

My brother was talking about Holo disc's. The only problem is if people are crying about how expensive Blu-Ray is, you will turn in to a spanked baby at the price of those.

"Early versions of holographic disk storage store up to 300GB per disk. By 2010, the disks are expected to cost $100 each and store 1.6 terabytes (that's roughly 1,600 gigabytes) each. At least one company expects to break the 1TB-per-disk barrier by 2008."

You were missinformed about them being cheaper, the disc alone is priced at $100 and the player is around $10000. Sorry to burst your crap on Blu-Ray bubble.

Back