Face it, Blu-Ray is needed

Just when I thought I calculated all the dumb people in the world, another one has to show up. This can go two ways: 1. you learn something. 2. Your braindead. So lets find out.

SamuS said:
No they don't. If they needed them, the game industry wouldnt be making games right now, they would all be sitting around twiddling their thumbs saying "where is blu ray? we need blu-ray!!!"

But they aren't, and they wont. So see the difference between NEEDS and WANTS.

Companies tend to create products that are NEEDED. The need stems from current gen gaming. Are you a developer? I dont think so. Guess what? THEY NEED MORE SPACE. What part of that do YOU not UNDERSTAND? Do you know how game developing works? I dont think so. Right now games are taking up a lot of disk space, and those developers have to start cutting stuff out, compressing and altering their product to fit into a disk.

Imagine you are going on a trip. You are allowed 1 suitcase. So you pull out all the clothes you plan on wearing. Only.. now you find out half of them will fit into that suitcase. Guess you better start deciding on what goes in and what stays out. Welcome to game developement kid.

The gaming industry suffers when there is no progression. Partially due to piracy, the other is the limitation of game developement.

By your thinking, we should all be happy playing old 8 bit games on the nes. I guess they didnt need the snes, or the n64. Hell, we dont need games at all right? Kids.

Tough $hit if they can't fit it onto a disk, use 2 or 3 disks. If the features are worth keeping, they would find a way.

evidence of childish thinking. You think all game developers are allowed to do this? Tell me son, do you know what a publisher is? Life isnt that easy kid.

As a gamer, you should be entitled all the developer has to offer. The developer deserves the freedom to put forth thier creative vision. "if the features are worth keeping, they would find a way." Yeah, that way is get rid of it because they have no choice OR develope a means to make it happen. Thats call Blue Ray and HD-DVD son. Pick one.

Zelda TP comes on a dvd, not a blu ray. but it is still a far superior game to anything on the PS3 despite all the blu ray bollocks.
LOL.
Ok first, Zelda isnt the whole world kid. The legend of zelda was a game developed for the GAME CUBE. Bet you didnt know that. It was delayed for so long they ported it over to the Wii. It also isnt the hight of gaming genius. Its a simplistic game that follows the SAME pattern of all the other games before it. Its a puzzle-action game that follows repetative game design. Its far from being considered next gen, but hey, if you follow this frame of mind. Then lets go back the nes Zelda which is much better. It didnt need a dvd, so therefor TP doesnt need a dvd. Right? LOL

Also champ, Your OPINION is subjective, its not fact. Dont use it as one. Zelda is also a first party title. Unfortunately for YOU theres a lot of third party developers that want the freedom to create their games with their vision. Example: Final Fantasy 7. Think they could have done that on the N64 cartrige? Nope. Theres a reason they switched to CD and thats ONE of them.

Hideo Kojima, director of the metal gear series. He is an artist and in order to make the story and game as he wants, he needs the best of the best. Well thats funny because he quite clearly said no other console system right now can run his game. Yeah, the PS3 is allowing HIM do make the game how he wants it to be. Guess how many developers said they NEED blue ray's storage space? Many many many.

So there goes your argument... if you even had one. IT was so bad I couldnt tell.

Your reasoning is BIGGER DISK MEANS BETTER GAMES LOL. but if you really think thats true u r retarded

The IQ test is in.. and you scored in the negatives.

I clearly said more disk space allows for more content, more freedom and better protection from piracy. Good games go back to olden days when we were playing with big dots on a black and white screen. Without that bigger space, games like zelda would never have been possible to make.

So you see, storage space IS important. It is needed. And yes, you do have down syndrome. Put back on the helmet, wipe up the drool puddle, and give yourself a punch in the face. You might wise up a bit because you are not being logical.

Shafted? hellooo? you paid $600 for a wankstain console that is made by a company tha has a reputation for being least loyal to its fans that any other. I paid 160 quid for my wii u tell me who got shafted.
I payed nothing for a stick and a can to smack it around with. You payed for your wii. Now who got shafted? lol I cant believe you seriously believe what you say.

Dont buy a car, whatever you do. Bikes are cheaper.. wait no.. WALKING is free. If you pay to get anywhere, then you get shafted right?

You do not own a ps3. Therefore you know jack **** about it. You are biased. Biase leads to ignorance. Ignorance is a sign of stupidity. Therefore you are ________.

If you want to talk about history, then go ahead and worship the company that teamed up with the japanese mafia, ran sex hotels used for prostitution, ran a taxi service and sold instant foods. Yeah, nintendos got a good history. What, sony? Started by two guys who were interested in radios, they made a handheld one that was successfull around the world. They kept inventing new things and before ya know it, you have a corporation. FUNNY THING IS, nintendo hired sony to help them make their consoles. heh, go figure.

See, I have a job and money. You payed money to get a wii, which has a 700mhz cpu, a dvd rom, and a lot of cheap plastic. Now, you see. You get what you payed for. In fact, you overpayed. Thats why Nintendo is the ONLY company in recent years to make a profit off of their console. Why then are microsoft and sony losing money per console sold? Ohh.. its because they are selling it for less than its WORTH. Shafted? no. You payed for something that was worth less than you payed for. I payed for something that was worth more than I payed for. Lets see how logic plays out with this.

Kid, your getting owned and you probably dont even know it.

Yeah good point, wait didnt sony forget somethin? Oh yeah rumble, something the N64 pioneered and has been the industry standard since. Sony is taking steps backward, not forward

Forget? nope. They left it out due to the legal battle with Immersion who owned the patent for the technology. Microsoft went through the same thing, so did nintendo. All at different times, Sony wasnt lucky as this legal battle was around the time they were making decisions about the controller. Steps backward? no no no. By your thought process.. nintendos controller has less buttons than its previous controllers. Therefore its also taking a step backwards? lol. see you are not logical.

The n64 didnt engineer rumble lol. rumble tech has been around for ages. And nintendo didnt invent it, just as they didnt invent the motion sensing controller. You dont seem to understand how the system works. Its a big world out there. Reality and you dont seem to be very close friends.

Point me to a site where i can play games that aren't even out yet for free. They dont exist.

Ignorance is bliss. They do exist, you are just not knowlegable enough to be familiar with the internet. Go back to school. Think before you speak. Be quite and observe rather than open your mouth and say something you are not even sure about.

Let me ask you this. Can movies be seen before they are released? The answer is yes. So can games. I have seen the movie Big Stan. Guess what, it wont be out for awhile (maybe even not till next year). Yet.. omg i have already seen it. Of course the difference there is that I was allowed to see it. There are those who can put such things on the internet for free.

Look, I even gave you a little lesson. You can thank me later.

bollocks piracy will always exist don't u think when people first got DVDs they were like' this is the end of piracy this new format is harder to piratise!"
Piracy will move on as the industry moves on, BTW it takes me about 12 hours to download a 20 gig file.....so whatever.

LOL. Im wasting my time. Its like trying to talk to a kid who thinks the moon is made of cheese.

The fatal flaw of piracy is for the developer to stay ahead of it. Are you familiar with "bandwidth"? Tell me. Do you think it is easier to download a 4 gigabyte over a 50gigabyte file? Are you familiar with the way blue ray is made, written and copied? No. Tell me, what would you do after downloading your 20 gigabite file? Put it on a dvd? lol.
Piracy will always exist, no one is saying it will not. But by staying ahead of the game, you can cut the number of piracy down significanly.
Welcome to reality.

Right so %10............do you think that's a lot? how about the %90 of developers who think it's uneccasry? dumass.

No.. kid, all 180 of those companies feel there is a need for it. I only mentioned a few. Learn reading comprehension. What were you saying about the word "dumbass"?

Please tell me where 90% of the developers say its not needed. Go ahead, show me. I dare you. =) Then go ahead and show me how many of them say it is needed. You will find more that say they need it. A few of my buds were able to make it to the Game developers conference this year. They said one of the most talked about things amongst the developers was what blue rays storage medium would do for the game industry. You heard a lot of "its about time". Many of the developers were thanking sony for it, while wondering why the others havent done so yet.

Its ok. feel humbled.

WTF? now you are defending betamax? wtf IS BETA MAX? ive never even heard of it. But ive heard of VHS, in fact i probally have about 200 VHS taps in my house somewhere. Wonder who really won that fu<king race huh?

See, and this is why you are (jack black voice impersonation) "Stupppiddd".
Dont get offended over betamax if you dont know jack **** about it. Feel free to research it yourself. I work in the film industry kid. Betamax has helped the movie industry make movies. SONY is a huge player here, and has contributed greately to the film industry. Betamax was used to make those movies you watched on VHS. While VHS became used more often for the consumer market, it was used for the PROFESSIONAL ONE. I would say thats more important. But hey, i cant expect you to logically think that out now can I.

Thanks though. I thought I had seen it all till I saw your reasoning.

Is this a personal attack? Nah, more like returning the favor. Wise up. Theres hope for you yet. First thing you need to do is get close with reality. Research, learn, use logic before jumping to conclusions. That bias is whats killing you. Drop it and you may start to you that brain if you have one.

:wink:

Last edited:
Your pissing me off and should be pissing yourself off cause your saying the most retarded ****.

Good one. Thats like saying "Im not going to work til i get a car." It would make it easier to get to work and expand your work radius, but your not going to sit around and do nothing cause you need MONEY FOR THE CAR. Just like they needed tech to improve before they could GET Blu-Ray.

No it isnt.

They would and they have. The problem is it results in a very linear game. You will be taking paths, a lot of them, and they want to avoid doing that.

Linear game? ever played res evil 4? evidently not.
If that was a "Superior game" then any Zelda game released will be superior. It was a good twist to an old style. You did the same temples, same place (Hyrule), same characters, same story but now with a Star Wars 'Dark side'. It also fit on a GC disc. Its not like the map was huge anyways.

Anything on the PS3? Are you a psychic? Since even Nintendo will use Blu-Ray, i wouldnt say anything bad about it.

You dont need to be psychic to know its better fu<king retard. guess all the game review sites and magazine should stop printing because there 'not psychic' How do you come up with this $hit?

Well no, the reason is bigger disc (with a 'c', 'k' is like floppy disk) means bigger games. Besides, whats your reasoning, bigger sales means better console? What happened to good games? I guess that doesnt matter anymore.

Alright lets talk about good games

IGN's top 100 games of all time -7 of the top 10 are nintendo games, 2 are playstation
[/I]http://top100.ign.com/2006/001-010.html

Its like this in every list. Nintendo makes the best games, the games that last the test of time, games that people are paying for on the VC 20 years later, because they know how good they are. Sony? didn't think so.

BEST SELLING GAME OF ALL TIME? NINTENDO GAME. BEST SELLING CONSOLE GAME OF ALL TIME? NINTENDO CONSOLE.

How the **** is Sony known for being "Least loyal"?? They have year after year produced the best games the world has seen. What has Nintendo done? They sat on their fat ass's and was like "How can we trick them into giving us money?" What did you get with your Wii? Another ****ing GC. WOW! You sure got the better deal there. Why would i want a console thats improving? Thats retarded, i want a lazy company that dishes out mario games like a dog with diarrhea.

Ive already proved to you how much better nintendo games are, so ill let MADDOX rag on the company for a little while.

You may know Sony most readily as the company that recently recalled something on the order of every laptop battery ever made because of a small glitch (they explode). Then there was the "rootkit" debacle, where Sony secretly installed hidden bullshit on your computer. One of Sony BMG's presidents handled the situation with the delicacy of a gang rape with this quote: "Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?" Good point, ****-head! And before that, Sony was known for its shitty optical drives in their PS2s, resulting in a class action lawsuit. The word "shitty" in the previous sentence is a bit misleading, since I also use the word to describe Renée Zellweger's life, and having to void your warranty by adjusting a cog to fix a misaligned laser inside your PS2 is slightly shittier.

Not content with the reaming they give consumers with their shoddy products and condescending attitude, Sony determined that it didn't have enough bad press, so they decided to wield their giant gnarled cock of corporate greed again, this time training it on a small-time import shop called "Lik Sang." Lik Sang was a haven for nerds who wanted to import games and systems from other countries. It turns out that Lik Sang broke some major laws that not only earned them the scorn of Sony, but pissed Sony off to the point where they sued Lik Sang into oblivion. So what was this grave infraction committed against Sony that not only threatened the very foundation of this giant multi-national corporation, but warranted destroying the lives and careers of a group of dorks running a gaming website? Simple: they committed the mortal sin of selling Japanese PSPs to European gamers. Oh no! Not that!

When I read the law suit, I did a double take to make sure I read it correctly. Sony is suing to prevent people from selling PSPs? Great move, morons! Because if there's anything Sony needs right now, it's fewer people buying PSPs. In fact, PSP sales are part of the reason Sony expects to lose $1.7 billion dollars in their gaming division by March. That means that I and anyone else who makes any money at all between now and March (or at least manages not to lose more than $1,699,999,999.99) will officially make more money than Sony's gaming division. I rule.

This isn't the first time Sony bullied a gaming website for selling PSP imports. In June of 2005, Sony sued a website called ElectricBirdLand (Sony literally hired men in dark sunglasses to deliver the papers to the defendant, because Sony is insecure about the size of its penis), stating that the sale of Japanese PSPs to the UK could hurt their ability to exploit the "excitement and anticipation of the market." Hey Sony, you know what else could help you exploit the excitement and anticipation of the market? The PSP not sucking:

Sony's strategy towards portable gaming seems to be to take the same shitty first generation Playstation games that weren't great to begin with, and make them portable so now we can take an example of Sony's utter-inability-to-stop-sucking with us everywhere we go. Nobody wants to buy movies in your stupid proprietary format, assholes!

So why does a company that relies on consumer satisfaction and brand recognition treat its fans with such contempt? Because...

Sony hates you.

Sony would love nothing more than to see you and your family suffer. Sony is like that psycho-ex who you had a few good times with, but was too clingy and the sex got boring. Now it's over and Sony is still stewing about it by leaving you voice mail asking for another chance and promising it "can change."

Tough **** Sony. We've moved on. We're dating your younger, hotter sister, Wii. Even your fuglier step-sister, Xbox 360, looks hotter than you do. At least she's been around the block a few times and knows how to turn tricks. You've got nothing, and it's going to stay that way until you stop being a crabby old ****.

Well they got sued for using it, or they would have. And God of War 3 will have rumble.

Keep sucking up Sony's lies about lawsuits and ****. Its just a way to shut you up from complaining about things that are a total disgrace.
OOOO god of war 3 hot dam 1 game with rumble they're really pushing the boundaries with this 1.

Now you want to talk about industry standards. OK, lets. The N64 didnt even come with its full power. You had to buy an Expansion Pack to even play some of the games, most of them. To bad that idea didnt take off, i love buying add ons just to play a game. They used a stupidly small disc for the GC. It didnt matter though, the games they made werent very big anyways. Sucks, they missed another world changing development. Memory Cards used Blocks, how retarded is that. Once again, no dice. The controller has changed since day one. Even now they cant find a happy medium.

Hey you know what i like? multitap, what a piece of ****. I never had to use an expansion pak so if you bought 1 tough **** for getting sukered in.
The controller has changed its called INNOVATION DUUMASS, SOMETHING SONY PREFERS TO STEAL FROM NINTEDO BUT HEY ITS COOL, WE DONT NEED THE D-PAD,
THE ANALOGUE STICK,
FORCE FEEDBACK,
ANALOGUE BUTTON STYLE,
MOTION SENSING,
OR WIRELESS CONTROLLERS.
SONY CAN STEAL IT ALL AND NINTENDO WILL STILL KICK ITS ASS.

Nintendo is the standard for NOTHING anymore. Havent you noticed when they make a game, they dont compare it to mario? Probably cause they used him so much, no one cares anymore. Now games have to live up to PS standards. If you really think they will base a game off Super Mario Sunshine, u r reterded.

Mario 64 is the basis for ALL modern platformers, including those made on the playstation. go read a book or 2 you might learn soemthing

I would but im not allowed to.

Then you are a pussy

Ok but how many people have Blu-ray drives in their comps? Not you, i know that much. So even if you did download the file, its useless in your hands, and millions of others as well. So someone, like you, downloads a new PS3 game but, whats this!? You dont have a Blu-Ray burner?? Well looks like your SOL, thus making pirating pointless for a while.

YEAH FOR A WHILE YOU DUMB ****, IF BLU RAY BECAME THE STANDARD THEN I WOULD WOUL'DNT I? SO FU<K YOUR LITTLE ANTI PIRACY THEORY THEN.

Well for some reason people think the 2% backing HD-DVD's is enough for them to win so, yea i think thats a lot.

you are missing the point, %88 of devs are backing the DVD, dumass go takes maths at nursery

[/QUOTE]

SamuS said:
Linear game? ever played res evil 4? evidently not.

Oh yea. My bad, sorry. I remember when i played that game, running through the trees and climbing mountains... oh wait, it was a linear game with paths you couldnt stray from.

Have you played Resident Evil 4? Like really played it not just a crazy dream or something. I can see how you would get those mixed up, your a special kid after all.

hahaha Shiftallaout, your the biggest fanboy/biased guy on the site, yet your calling everyone else the same thing.

Ya we get it, your an Online Gamer Nerd, you play Metal Gear Solid and imagine your some kind of futuristic soldier in your mom's basement.

Beta-max was an absolute comercial failure, weather they use it in the movie industry or not it was a commercial FAILURE !! Im sure you think Sony was extatic about the "Film Industry" picking up there technology rather than THE FRIGGIN REST OF THE WORLD !! just like MEMORY STICK, and MINI DISC, your actually defending the compitancy of a new technology/medium by using a company (Sony), which is notorious for having failed with new media mediums as your example, so who's the Dumbass ?

Your the biggest fanboy of all !! If i remember correctly game designers dont even use NEARLY 50 gig's on today's games, yet they still manage to come up with some pretty good titles.

THE WORLD DOESNT REVOLVE AROUND FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS!!

You already own a product, that's built on shaky un-proven technology, that is turning out to be a commercial failure, so tell us how does it feel ?

This is Karma for Sony.

Sony just about killed Nintendo in the mid 90's with the Play Station, which was developed because Nintendo was contracting other companies to make a CD rom unit, and somehow Sony stole certain technologies from Nintendo and created the Play Station.

Im sure all the Nintendo exec's are just bursting with a "TAKE THAT Bi^#&" mentallity towards Sony.

I know you online gamer guys think that you come first when it comes to game console development but in all honesty, YOU CAN PLAY THE SAME GAMES ONLINE, WITH BETTER GRAPHICS THROUGH YOUR P.C. !! Why bother with a damn game console when your P.C. is more powerful ?

Sony's going the wrong direction. I think everyone knows it but Sony, and there fans.

Haz said:
However, Sony have never really been successful in new storage medium..... Betamax......MiniDisc.......

Time will tell.

:wink: the CD format developed by sony and phillips was pretty damn successful.

Companies tend to create products that are NEEDED. The need stems from current gen gaming. Are you a developer? I dont think so. Guess what? THEY NEED MORE SPACE. What part of that do YOU not UNDERSTAND? Do you know how game developing works? I dont think so. Right now games are taking up a lot of disk space, and those developers have to start cutting stuff out, compressing and altering their product to fit into a disk.

Imagine you are going on a trip. You are allowed 1 suitcase. So you pull out all the clothes you plan on wearing. Only.. now you find out half of them will fit into that suitcase. Guess you better start deciding on what goes in and what stays out. Welcome to game developement kid.

The gaming industry suffers when there is no progression. Partially due to piracy, the other is the limitation of game developement.

By your thinking, we should all be happy playing old 8 bit games on the nes. I guess they didnt need the snes, or the n64. Hell, we dont need games at all right? Kids.

You are not a developer either, so STFU

LOL.
Ok first, Zelda isnt the whole world kid. The legend of zelda was a game developed for the GAME CUBE. Bet you didnt know that. It was delayed for so long they ported it over to the Wii. It also isnt the hight of gaming genius. Its a simplistic game that follows the SAME pattern of all the other games before it. Its a puzzle-action game that follows repetative game design. Its far from being considered next gen, but hey, if you follow this frame of mind. Then lets go back the nes Zelda which is much better. It didnt need a dvd, so therefor TP doesnt need a dvd. Right? LOL

Despite all that, it still kicks the $hit out of anything on the PS3. how does perspective feel lol?

Also champ, Your OPINION is subjective, its not fact. Dont use it as one. Zelda is also a first party title. Unfortunately for YOU theres a lot of third party developers that want the freedom to create their games with their vision. Example: Final Fantasy 7. Think they could have done that on the N64 cartrige? Nope. Theres a reason they switched to CD and thats ONE of them.

Errrr yeah my opinion, and IGNs, and gamespots, and dozens of other online publications and everyone in the woirld who wants Zelda over.......whatever fu<king $hit you play on your PS3

Hideo Kojima, director of the metal gear series. He is an artist and in order to make the story and game as he wants, he needs the best of the best. Well thats funny because he quite clearly said no other console system right now can run his game. Yeah, the PS3 is allowing HIM do make the game how he wants it to be. Guess how many developers said they NEED blue ray's storage space? Many many many.

A true artist could paint the cistine chapel with mud and spit. A half assed loser would keepo asking for better materials, compaing the hasnt go the right stuff when its ovious he just dont have the talent

So there goes your argument... if you even had one. IT was so bad I couldnt tell.

I clearly said more disk space allows for more content, more freedom and better protection from piracy. Good games go back to olden days when we were playing with big dots on a black and white screen. Without that bigger space, games like zelda would never have been possible to make.

So you see, storage space IS important. It is needed. And yes, you do have down syndrome. Put back on the helmet, wipe up the drool puddle, and give yourself a punch in the face. You might wise up a bit because you are not being logical.

Dont get annoyed becuase you paid 600 smacker for a brick

I payed nothing for a stick and a can to smack it around with. You payed for your wii. Now who got shafted? lol I cant believe you seriously believe what you say.

Dont buy a car, whatever you do. Bikes are cheaper.. wait no.. WALKING is free. If you pay to get anywhere, then you get shafted right?

You do not own a ps3. Therefore you know jack **** about it. You are biased. Biase leads to ignorance. Ignorance is a sign of stupidity. Therefore you are ________.

Wow, im a line, you got me there alright.

If you want to talk about history, then go ahead and worship the company that teamed up with the japanese mafia, ran sex hotels used for prostitution, ran a taxi service and sold instant foods. Yeah, nintendos got a good history. What, sony? Started by two guys who were interested in radios, they made a handheld one that was successfull around the world. They kept inventing new things and before ya know it, you have a corporation. FUNNY THING IS, nintendo hired sony to help them make their consoles. heh, go figure.

See, I have a job and money. You payed money to get a wii, which has a 700mhz cpu, a dvd rom, and a lot of cheap plastic. Now, you see. You get what you payed for. In fact, you overpayed. Thats why Nintendo is the ONLY company in recent years to make a profit off of their console. Why then are microsoft and sony losing money per console sold? Ohh.. its because they are selling it for less than its WORTH. Shafted? no. You payed for something that was worth less than you payed for. I payed for something that was worth more than I payed for. Lets see how logic plays out with this.

Kid, your getting owned and you probably dont even know it.

You take a lot of space to say very little.

1. Nintendo is bad ass

2. LOL, if SONY cant get its pricing right, then that's their problem. Oops now its yours.
Forget? nope. They left it out due to the legal battle with Immersion who owned the patent for the technology. Microsoft went through the same thing, so did nintendo. All at different times, Sony wasnt lucky as this legal battle was around the time they were making decisions about the controller. Steps backward? no no no. By your thought process.. nintendos controller has less buttons than its previous controllers. Therefore its also taking a step backwards? lol. see you are not logical.

Nah thats bullshit. Especially the Immerion crap
The n64 didnt engineer rumble lol. rumble tech has been around for ages. And nintendo didnt invent it, just as they didnt invent the motion sensing controller. You dont seem to understand how the system works. Its a big world out there. Reality and you dont seem to be very close friends.

They put it on a console, first and foremost, then Sony copied, lah de dah.

Ignorance is bliss. They do exist, you are just not knowlegable enough to be familiar with the internet. Go back to school. Think before you speak. Be quite and observe rather than open your mouth and say something you are not even sure about.

Put up or shut up. Plainly, you're just chatting ****. I couldd say i live in an 8 story masnion with 5 swimming pools, but u r too ignorant to see it so i woint show u lol.
Let me ask you this. Can movies be seen before they are released? The answer is yes. So can games. I have seen the movie Big Stan. Guess what, it wont be out for awhile (maybe even not till next year). Yet.. omg i have already seen it. Of course the difference there is that I was allowed to see it. There are those who can put such things on the internet for free.

Look, I even gave you a little lesson. You can thank me later.

yeah because are just like games....except they are different

The fatal flaw of piracy is to stay ahead of it. Are you familiar with "bandwidth"? Tell me. Do you think it is easier to download a 4 gigabyte over a 50gigabyte file? Are you familiar with the way blue ray is made, written and copied? No. Tell me, what would you do after downloading your 20 gigabite file? Put it on a dvd? lol.
Piracy will always exist, no one is saying it will not. But by staying ahead of the game, you can cut the number of piracy down significanly.
Welcome to reality.

Dont tell me what i dont know, wank$hit, since its pretty ovious u dont know either

No.. kid, all 180 of those companies feel there is a need for it. I only mentioned a few. Learn reading comprehension. What were you saying about the word "dumbass"?

Please tell me where 90% of the developers say its not needed. Go ahead, show me. I dare you. =) Then go ahead and show me how many of them say it is needed. You will find more that say they need it. A few of my buds were able to make it to the Game developers conference this year. They said one of the most talked about things amongst the developers was what blue rays storage medium would do for the game industry. You heard a lot of "its about time". Many of the developers were thanking sony for it, while wondering why the others havent done so yet.

Err yeah my mate is chairman CEO for Microsoft, and he thinks that is bullocks. Nuff said

See, and this is why you are (jack black voice impersonation) "Stupppiddd".
Dont get offended over betamax if you dont know jack **** about it. Feel free to research it yourself. I work in the film industry kid. Betamax has helped the movie industry make movies. SONY is a huge player here, and has contributed greately to the film industry. Betamax was used to make those movies you watched on VHS. While VHS became used more often for the consumer market, it was used for the PROFESSIONAL ONE. I would say thats more important. But hey, i cant expect you to logically think that out now can I.

Thanks though. I thought I had seen it all till I saw your reasoning.

Is this a personal attack? Nah, more like returning the favor. Wise up. Theres hope for you yet. First thing you need to do is get close with reality. Research, learn, use logic before jumping to conclusions. That bias is whats killing you. Drop it and you may start to you that brain if you have one.

Once again you take so long to say basically nothing. VHS sold more, was more popular, more iconic. is still in wider use today and did better all round.

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
Oh yea. My bad, sorry. I remember when i played that game, running through the trees and climbing mountains... oh wait, it was a linear game with paths you couldnt stray from.

Have you played Resident Evil 4? Like really played it not just a crazy dream or something. I can see how you would get those mixed up, your a special kid after all.

Umm dude no the story changed depending on different events in the game, (you can go this way or that way ect.......)

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
hahaha Shiftallaout, your the biggest fanboy/biased guy on the site, yet your calling everyone else the same thing.

LOL. Go ahead and read my posts. Im no fanboy. I own all 3 systems, i love them for what they have to offer and most of all im realistic about what each one offers.

Ya we get it, your an Online Gamer Nerd, you play Metal Gear Solid and imagine your some kind of futuristic soldier in your mom's basement.

lol, is that all you could come up with? Actually, no I live in a 1930's apartment in the middle of Hollywood. I have a job, working in the film industry and also run a few websites myself. I have a degreee from a major university in film and digital media. Finally im quite popular with the ladies, if i dont say so myself.

So sorry to burst your silly little image of me. If your gonna try making stuff up, at least do a better job at it. You know, use some whit.

Beta-max was an absolute comercial failure, weather they use it in the movie industry or not it was a commercial FAILURE !! Im sure you think Sony was extatic about the "Film Industry" picking up there technology rather than THE FRIGGIN REST OF THE WORLD !! just like MEMORY STICK, and MINI DISC, your actually defending the compitancy of a new technology/medium by using a company (Sony), which is notorious for having failed with new media mediums as your example, so who's the Dumbass ?
Guess you didnt read where I said it didnt take in the consumer market. Reading helps champ.
And it was important that it played a role in the film industry. Feel free to go take some history lessons, im sure you will learn a lot. Professionally it was a success and lead to many other developements. Such as the first camcorder. Feel free to kiss my ass anytime champ.

Your the biggest fanboy of all !! If i remember correctly game designers dont even use NEARLY 50 gig's on today's games, yet they still manage to come up with some pretty good titles.

Today's games? LOL. Well considering Blue ray is fairly new to the consumer market, and theres only a few ps3 games. I find it funny you have come up with that conclusion.

Hmm what did developer mark rein say... "Unreal Tournament was 6GB compressed. Next Generation games are going to be 20GB plus, and how we're going to fit them on DVD9's I don't know, they'll probably be a few of them. On the PS3, we're going to be using the majority of the space on those Blu-ray disks. "

and another said "If you ever hear someone say "Blu-Ray isn't needed for this generation," rest assured they don't make games for a living."

Here read up kiddo.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25597117&page=0

Dont worry, its painless really.

THE WORLD DOESNT REVOLVE AROUND FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS!!
Who said it did? You perhaps?
Actually its RPGs that take up the most space. But all games need more than what the common dvd has to offer.

You already own a product, that's built on shaky un-proven technology, that is turning out to be a commercial failure, so tell us how does it feel ?
Shakey? far from it. You obviously dont know much about the PS3. A commercial failure? pfft, they said the same thing about the ps2. Slow launch, but picks up speed as the projects that were in developement for so many years are released.

Sony just about killed Nintendo in the mid 90's with the Play Station, which was developed because Nintendo was contracting other companies to make a CD rom unit, and somehow Sony stole certain technologies from Nintendo and created the Play Station.

You obviously dont know jack **** about history. Nintendo teamed up with sony to create the snes cd. Nintendo then betrayed the deal later and teamed up with a european company known as phillips. The japanese saw this as a betrayal. Sony used its technologies, not stolen from someone else, and continued with the playstation. Nintendo doesnt have its own technology. Its not in the line of business. Sony is.

Im sure all the Nintendo exec's are just bursting with a "TAKE THAT Bi^#&" mentallity towards Sony.
Nintendo execs are more like "finally we are making back that lost profit from the gamecube. It totally didnt end like we planned it would. So what are we going to do? now. get ready for another console in 2 years maybe."
You know they scrapped the revolution which was supposed to have the best graphical abilities of all consoles on the market. So how did they end up with the worst? Because the gamecube didnt bring in enough $. Thats why. They scrapped the revolution in favor of a quick money making console that is another remastered gamecube only marketed differently with a new conroller. It worked.

I know you online gamer guys think that you come first when it comes to game console development but in all honesty, YOU CAN PLAY THE SAME GAMES ONLINE, WITH BETTER GRAPHICS THROUGH YOUR P.C. !! Why bother with a damn game console when your P.C. is more powerful ?
Im a gamer, i play online, offline, console or PC. does it matter? I like how you stereotype me though. keep it up. You see, gamers, non biased gamers, go where the games are. They are realistic, not loyal to any company but rather the games. We believe companies have to be loyal to us, not the other way around. You know you just contradicted yourself though by posting that.

Sony's going the wrong direction. I think everyone knows it but Sony, and there fans.

Everyone knows it huh? like the developers know it? lol. I disagree with you. You dont even know where sony is going. Nintendo does what ninty does, sony does what they do, microsoft for how they proceed. Each one is different, why would we want them all to be the same? lol.

lol your just as bad as samus.

SamuS said:
You are not a developer either, so STFU

Despite all that, it still kicks the $hit out of anything on the PS3. how does perspective feel lol?

Errrr yeah my opinion, and IGNs, and gamespots, and dozens of other online publications and everyone in the woirld who wants Zelda over.......whatever fu<king $hit you play on your PS3

A true artist could paint the cistine chapel with mud and spit. A half assed loser would keepo asking for better materials, compaing the hasnt go the right stuff when its ovious he just dont have the talent

Dont get annoyed becuase you paid 600 smacker for a brick

Wow, im a line, you got me there alright.

You take a lot of space to say very little.

1. Nintendo is bad ass

2. LOL, if SONY cant get its pricing right, then that's their problem. Oops now its yours.

Nah thats bullshit. Especially the Immerion crap

They put it on a console, first and foremost, then Sony copied, lah de dah.

Put up or shut up. Plainly, you're just chatting ****. I couldd say i live in an 8 story masnion with 5 swimming pools, but u r too ignorant to see it so i woint show u lol.

yeah because are just like games....except they are different

Dont tell me what i dont know, wank$hit, since its pretty ovious u dont know either

Err yeah my mate is chairman CEO for Microsoft, and he thinks that is bullocks. Nuff said

Once again you take so long to say basically nothing. VHS sold more, was more popular, more iconic. is still in wider use today and did better all round.
Ok now your not even making sense.

Samus, do you even bother to read what you write? Do you even check your facts? lol I swear I have never met someone so ignorant as you.

Your doing fine in making yourself look like a complete tard, so please continue.

btw, how do you know I am not a developer? :wink: I have a degree in film and digital media (with an emphasis on game design) and have worked along side a couple game developers. I get to goto all kinds of events and talk with them every day. =) nice try kiddo, but I know much more than you.

Shiftfallout said:
Samus, do you even bother to read what you write? Do you even check your facts? lol I swear I have never met someone so ignorant as you.

Your doing fine in making yourself look like a complete tard, so please continue.

btw, how do you know I am not a developer? :wink: I have a degree in film and digital media (with an emphasis on game design) and have worked along side a couple game developers. I get to goto all kinds of events and talk with them every day. =) nice try kiddo, but I know much more than you.

Dont gimme that <rap. You talk down to everyone like you are so superior. lemme hit you with a fact. YOU ARE NOT. And not that i believe you are a games developer, but if you were, then you wouldnt act like a damn kid all the time. You hate the fact that Nintendo have done more with less, whereas Sony has a concole full of useless nutsacks that no developer wants to use.

Btw realizing i'm right and stopping trying to refute my clearly superior arguments is a good step in the right direction. Just keep making <rap up

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
lol, is that all you could come up with? Actually, no I live in a 1930's apartment in the middle of Hollywood. I have a job, working in the film industry and also run a few websites myself. I have a degreee from a major university in film and digital media. Finally im quite popular with the ladies, if i dont say so myself.

For all I know this could be true... But I generally decide to ignore/dis-believe personal information people post online like this.. Reason = ITS THE F*CKING INTERNET. 99% of information online is BS.

I'm not saying that you are'nt all those things - I just personally take everything said online with a pinch of salt.

- Just thought I'd post my views on this. I would recommend anyone who's interested to also adopt my line of thinking concerning this area.

Samus is a tard. I could probably make a sub section about him.

Maybe shift is just a really good con man, who knows? As long as he doesnt say anything thats, well, what samus says, hes fine by me.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
For all I know this could be true... But I generally decide to ignore/dis-believe personal information people post online like this.. Reason = ITS THE F*CKING INTERNET. 99% of information online is BS.

I'm not saying that you are'nt all those things - I just personally take everything said online with a pinch of salt.

- Just thought I'd post my views on this. I would recommend anyone who's interested to also adopt my line of thinking concerning this area.

lol, no problem. Thats logical. Feel free, my pic is in the photo thread. From there you can guess whether not I am in the film industry and all that.

GamerCon said:
Samus is a tard. I could probably make a sub section about him.

Maybe shift is just a really good con man, who knows? As long as he doesnt say anything thats, well, what samus says, hes fine by me.

I know, hes cracking me up. He's just so.. illogical. I never knew it was possible.

lol, no. no con man. Confident and knowlegable. Thats all.

Last edited:
Back