Fanboyism... what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

Great article.

There will always be people that will defend a console like its the most amazing thing in the world and try to force an opinion upon others. I support Wii but I really can't say anything about 360 and Ps3. Due to the fact that I do not own either one. Although, every person supports a console. Just a lot of people take it out of hand.

there is never a need to cut someones fav. system down..but if someone is harping on my Wii and won't stop....then its on! lol

I guess you made some good points...there needs to be some cutting down...
But I think you should realize that this is a random internet forum overflowing with 12-year-olds--based on video games. I don't think something like this is that necessary...

i agree

My god the Wii owns... said:
I guess you made some good points...there needs to be some cutting down...
But I think you should realize that this is a random internet forum overflowing with 12-year-olds--based on video games. I don't think something like this is that necessary...

i think it's pathetic that a person can be branded a fanboy simply because they like something over something else it's just sad. who actually cares!, so what if someone like a wii over a ps3 get a life!!

gamer24 west said:
i think it's pathetic that a person can be branded a fanboy simply because they like something over something else it's just sad. who actually cares!, so what if someone like a wii over a ps3 get a life!!
no
the people who need to get a life are people who are extremely bias to the wii over ps3
they effect others by being purely annoying, and im assuming, you hate the ps3, and love the wii yourself.

In response to My God The Wii Owns post, guess how old I am? Yes I'm twelve. Don't think that all of WiiChats younger users act this way. I'm twelve and sometimes I can be more intelligent then a twenty year-old. So really, age has little to do with it. Although, sometimes I can admit to not knowing what I'm talking about so then I just try to stay away from the thread.

Brilliant article, and I agree that fanboyism is hurting the industry. Many fanboys will buy whatever rubbish they're given from Sony/Ninty/MS, so they are more likely to stick to making the same old crap rather than try something new and daring, which stifles creativity. A little competition is always healthy- why do you think there were so many classics back in the SNES/Mega Drive days?

Besides, fanboyism is just sad.

ARav989 said:
In response to My God The Wii Owns post, guess how old I am? Yes I'm twelve. Don't think that all of WiiChats younger users act this way. I'm twelve and sometimes I can be more intelligent then a twenty year-old. So really, age has little to do with it. Although, sometimes I can admit to not knowing what I'm talking about so then I just try to stay away from the thread.

You sort of just proved my point >.>...

Well in a way, yea I did. Although you gotta consider that younger users aren't all like, " Mii G0dz doodz!! Wii 0wnezzzzz and teh PS3 are the Suckzorzz!!". So just because I'm twelve it doesn't mean that younger users are all like this. In a way your being a bit stereotypical by saying that just because theres an overflow of younger users, it means that all of us are alike.

You'r wrong.

not true

Sovieto said:
no
the people who need to get a life are people who are extremely bias to the wii over ps3
they effect others by being purely annoying, and im assuming, you hate the ps3, and love the wii yourself.

that's not true at all, what i'm saying is that who cares if a person likes one console other it doesn't matter, get over it! in the end they are only games consoles and nothin more. it seems to me that some people are consumed by gaming and they need to get a life. I pity u if your the same.:yesnod:

Sovieto said:
no

Don't be so jaded to think that loyal Sony fans don't bash Microsoft and Nintendo on a regular basis. The more I read on here and other forums the overwhelming themes are how one company copied from another, Nintendo is too kiddie, Xbox can't do anything but FPS's, etc...

People here like to instagate. Sometimes people should take what they read with a grain of salt. Read it, analyze what they are truely saying, and if it's not worth you replying with something other than fodder, move on to the next thread. Who cares if Billy doesn't like Sony and thinks Nintendo has never made a wrong step. Thats his opinion, which you may differ from greatly, but let him have his say. Don't bash him for it, and please don't argue, for the love of God, it's an opinion, not a decree from the Admins here.

As I have said before, enjoy what system(s) you have. Thats the point of being a gamer and being here in the first place.

Thor's Hammer said:
Don't be so jaded to think that loyal Sony fans don't bash Microsoft and Nintendo on a regular basis. The more I read on here and other forums the overwhelming themes are how one company copied from another, Nintendo is too kiddie, Xbox can't do anything but FPS's, etc...

People here like to instagate. Sometimes people should take what they read with a grain of salt. Read it, analyze what they are truely saying, and if it's not worth you replying with something other than fodder, move on to the next thread. Who cares if Billy doesn't like Sony and thinks Nintendo has never made a wrong step. Thats his opinion, which you may differ from greatly, but let him have his say. Don't bash him for it, and please don't argue, for the love of God, it's an opinion, not a decree from the Admins here.

As I have said before, enjoy what system(s) you have. Thats the point of being a gamer and being here in the first place.

Im not sorry, I WILL bash billy if he says stuff like " ps3 suxxors, sony needs to die." or for any other system for that matter. The point of this post is that gamers that pick companies to identify themselves with, to be loyal to, and thus hate everything else is bad. It hurts gaming as a whole. Gamers go where the games are, not the companies. Thats kind of the point of being a gamer, ya know. You are either a gamer, or you are someone who goes where the company goes rather than the games. Thats called a slave, aka *****, or as some might commonly know them as, fanboy.

Thor's Hammer said:

i obviously said: wii over ps3 to target the person i quoted for an insult...:sick:

Back