Far cry v.s red steel

Monsteroids said:
PLEASE PEOPLE COD3 KILLS THESE GAMES!!! Ubisoft is sucking major ass!!! RAYMAN IS AWESOME THOUGH!!!!
Go do yourself a favor and get COD3!!!!:mad2:

I second that!

Ive played and beat both. And i liked them both.

Other then a few small flaws in Farcry, i love it. lots of action. Ending was cool too. The Game gets better in alot of ways the further you get. Most ppl probly played the first 3 levels and quit.

Red Steel was so immersive. Very interesting. Swordfighting wasnt as good as i thought tho.

Half the people who say these games r 'bad' probably have never even played them.

Trulen said:
Call me crazy, but I like Red Steel.
I got to looking at it, and it's a very nice looking game.
But the voice acting is just... Pitiful. THAT sure could be more.

But Red Steel is a nice game. Just expect to take cover. ALOT.
Because it's like the computer is waiting to shoot you... Like... Animals..

i have red steel and think it is quit fun... i was discouraged by the bad reviews, but got it anyway, and really think its fun. graphics are decent and gamplay is great, i like the control scheme

jessetheinferno said:
i have red steel and think it is quit fun... i was discouraged by the bad reviews, but got it anyway, and really think its fun. graphics are decent and gamplay is great, i like the control scheme

Best thing about the graphics is how like everything blows up and stuff lol. so fun in firefights.

Red Steel is so much better. A lot of gaming magazines and sites rate it badly but i'd give it a 8.5. They probably could've made it a bit more exciting but yeah. Besides Far Cry got a 4.0 and was the worst game in it's series.

Well if no one will take my advice then get Red Steel. I warned you though. Ubisoft is looking like Wii's main 3rd party publisher but they really aren't up to snuff with their games here(Rayman rocks though). I wish Bungie would do something for Wii, or Square-Enix or......ya Red Steel beats Far Cry. COD3 IS THE BEST RIGHT NOW!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GODFATHER!!!! THANKS FOR READING!!!!!

Vengeance is perhaps the crappiest, worst, ugliest, most disgusting, horrific, sickening, appaling, revolting, horrendous, and repulsive game I have ever played. Honestly, it's that bad. The only plus is the controls, which are OK. The graphics are APALLING, the gameplay is STUPID and BORING, and the game is glitched beyond belief. I have never spent $50 in a worse way. What a waste of cash. I've never played Red Steel, but there is no way it can be worse than the train wreck that is Far Cry: Vengeance. I'll bet ET for Atari is better than Far Crap. God I hate Ubisoft.

Last edited:
I've finished both Red Steel and Call of Duty 3. To me CoD 3 was definitely the better game. It would nearly rate an 8.5/10 (but has some very annoying lag problems - specifically in the most enjoyable parts of the game).
Red Steel in my opinion doesn't rate anything more than 6.0/10. To me it just felt rushed, and rough around the edges, keeping in mind that this is my opinion.

I haven't played FarCry on the Wii, so I can't comment on how it compares to the other two.

Wii are the champions my friend!

San Dimas said:
360/PS3 are just computers with much less functions.
True, but people are intimidated when their Personal Computer is 2-100 times smarter than they are, so they stick with consoles(Wii not included in that statement)
Axtlar said:
Yeah Red Steel is definetely better and also the controls are perfect, just like aiming with a real gun in real life duh! those who say they can't handle the controls is because they are too used of playing Halo or stupid games like that where you have to choose 2 analog sticks to move, how stupid
One day PC users will be able to take on Console users

I await that day with anticipation. I will CRUSH those Joypad users like bugs!

P.S Wiimote is the 2nd best FPS controller system behind mouse/Keyboard

surprisejimmy said:
QFT!, although in some ways the wiimote is more fun for fpses even though mouse/keyboard works the best
Tiwaking said:
P.S Wiimote is the 2nd best FPS controller system behind mouse/Keyboard

B.E.D.M.A.S

Wiimote is the SECOND best FPS controller behind mouse/keyboard

Mouse and Keyboard are better than Wiimote, which is the SECOND best fps controller

Mouse and Keyboard are the BEST FPS controller, second best being the Wiimote

P.E.B.K.A.C

Back