Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

:lol: Who feels an idiot... I DO!

Serves me right for being a typical bloke and not bothering to read the manual. Now that you mention it i did just get a message about a game preview available on the shop channel. DOH!

Cheers Jerry!

Gaz

I downloaded the most recent patch (as of Oct. 15) and since then, all the downloaded games off of the Wii Shop Channel will not work due to the fact that every button on the wiimote is sticking. Can't jump or hit start for any mario games. This is happening for every wiimote, yet in the wii menu, the +/- buttons work fine, it seems to be only in the downloaded versions.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

lostlevels said:
I downloaded the most recent patch (as of Oct. 15) and since then, all the downloaded games off of the Wii Shop Channel will not work due to the fact that every button on the wiimote is sticking. Can't jump or hit start for any mario games. This is happening for every wiimote, yet in the wii menu, the +/- buttons work fine, it seems to be only in the downloaded versions.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Try resetting your wi-fi router. :)

JerryC said:
Hi, I just turned on my Wii to play the last part of Zelda again and I noticed miscolored pixels in the form of lines appearing on the screen whenever the game causes the TV to flicker(ie rain).

So I'm playing Zelda and the problem seems to get worse the longer I keep playing. About 15-20 minutes in I was at the Gandorf fight and there were alot of miscolored pixel lines on the screen and it got really annoying.

I tried switching the video input but I got the same problem so it wasn't that. I switched TV's, same problem.

What's the problem WiiChat, AV cables? My Wii? I'm kinda figuring its the AV cables but some opinions would be great

Thnx

Thanks

You have the "Vertical Lines Of Static" You have to send your wii to get repaired. But they don't repair it they send you a remanufactored wii

pixel issue? different to everyone else

reaD up for ages now, people having small pixel areas are the closest i find, started playing transformers a while back, then the wii made a shreiking noise, turned it of and on and then the problems started, when the first screen comes up, and i have to press A, as soon as the remote syncs, the wii locks up, if i leave it and dont press A, the main screen eventually comes on, shows the icon for the game, but again, when i activate the wiimote, freezes, also on both methods, i get distorted screen issues, its like patches on the screen in random places where theres 4 or 5 lines where you can see either plain white lines, or sometimes, you can see something that is somewhere else on the screen, like it will say press A when i turn it on, but it will also flicker 'press A' or something where the lines are, please help!

You have the "Vertical Lines Of Static" You have to send your wii to get repaired. But they don't repair it they send you a remanufactored wii

really? they cant fix it at all? D: Is there anyway to moved saved games to the new wii?

so if...

the wii i have is modded, obv if they send me a new one then the currier wouldnt know, suppose i could just exchange the drive with an unmodded one, but i dont want to end up with a d2c, what would happen in theory if i sent back the wii with no dvd drive in lol?

eh

i ment the disk drive which is modded, and it is a dvd drive, as the games that i have backed up (incase i loose my origionals) are on dvds.

Wii audio issues

using component for video/audio. component red/white leads to stereo. have to turn sound ALL the way up and then can barely hear the audio. video is fine. anyone else having problems with Wii audio working properly ?

Overheating?

Well the thing is, i was just playing super smash bros melee on the wii, using 2 pirahna controllers and a pirahna gc16 memory card. For (appearently) no reason the wii completely shuts down, causing the normally always working power led to ,well, stop working. So i plug out the power supply and put it back in. Led goes back on, turn on the wii and start playing smash bros again. Result? After a couple of minutes the wii just completely shuts down again. I have no idea whats wrong except maybe one thing. The wii is rather close to our fireplace and it gets pretty hot in our living room. I havent had any problems with the wii shutting down before and it didnt really feel hot, but its the best i can think of.
Any help would be very welcome.

Anathema1 said:
Well the thing is, i was just playing super smash bros melee on the wii, using 2 pirahna controllers and a pirahna gc16 memory card. For (appearently) no reason the wii completely shuts down, causing the normally always working power led to ,well, stop working. So i plug out the power supply and put it back in. Led goes back on, turn on the wii and start playing smash bros again. Result? After a couple of minutes the wii just completely shuts down again. I have no idea whats wrong except maybe one thing. The wii is rather close to our fireplace and it gets pretty hot in our living room. I havent had any problems with the wii shutting down before and it didnt really feel hot, but its the best i can think of.
Any help would be very welcome.
By the sounds of it Anathema you probably have experienced heat damage and recommend you contact Nintendo.

Something to note once your Wii has been repaired/replaced is that despite popular misconception the Wii is very subjectile to heat, especially when WiiConnect24 is on, and it is recommended to keep the Wii distant from various heat sources and given plenty of room for ventilation.

Sovieto said:
Wiimotes not working.

1. It is NOT the batteries
2. I keep syncing then they unsync by itself
3. can only sync 1 at a time
4. after it turns off button clicking just results in flash
5. whenever i click them they flash
6. both stopped working at the same time
7. not lights or sensor bar (sense it was working before fine)

if you hold the sync button on the wii for like 15 seconds it erases syncs of all wiimotes. dunno if that helps.

Was sort of expecting that. Thanks for the reply although this sucks. First the fan of my video card malfunctioned causing it to overheat. That was four months ago and my decent pc is still useless since theyre still repairing it. Who knows how long my wii will be gone. Sigh...

I can't get new wiimote to sync anymore, The ones I got with the wii work fine and sync, I got a third one now and when I needed it I couldn't get it to sink, I've tryed a million times pressing 1 and 2 together but it won't sink... I also can't get my friend's to sink either...

Back