Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Okay guys

My wii remote is not working in wii sports. The buttons and pointer work fine. I can move about the screens with the pointer but when I try to play the games the remote does not move. I have tried:

1) Synchronzing
pointing at the console
pointing at the sensor bar
holding the SYNC button and the remote button at the same time

The remote blinks with 4 led's and settles on one

Result: Games do not work

2) Installed new batteries - Completed #1 same result

3) Unplugged everything and Completed #1 same result

4) Set sensitivity level and the movement of the dots on the screen is opposite of the remote movement

Help!

The issue i had with the Wii completely shutting down was merely a broken GC controller which short circuited the Wii causing it to shut down to prevent damage. Went to the store, got a new one, works perfectly. However... I was playing SBBM and all of the sudden i get this error that goes something like: An error has occured, turn the system off and read the Gamecube instruction Manual. Tried to play Mario Kart DD, same error only with the menu style of mario kart this time. So i figure my Wii cant play the damn GC mini disks anymore for some reason and i try to play Wii Sports. My wii is able to play wii sports correctly only it makes a very loud buzzing noise. Turned Wii off, mailed Nintendo. And i havent been any more pissed off in my entire life. Just today i got word that my 300euro video card wont be replaced since i broke off a piece of it... Yeah pieces tend to break off of video cards while they sit in the computer like theyre supposed to. This is amazing, i wont be seing my 300 euros again and who knows how long it will take for my wii to get repaired.
Deep, deep sigh.

I have a problem when trying to play 2 player on wii sports with 2 remotes it freezes and I have to reset my wii to get it to start working again does anyone have any ideas whats wrong with it.

Two remotes for Madden?

We cant figure out how to use 2 remotes for Madden and Woods games. How do you add remotes so that you don't have to keep switching back and forth?
Thanks

You need to sync both remotes. hold the sync button for 15 sec's on both remotes. Once thats done start playing but assign each player one remote in the player settings.

manOFice said:
You have the "Vertical Lines Of Static" You have to send your wii to get repaired. But they don't repair it they send you a remanufactored wii

I have these too. Couldn't they just send out a new AV cable? Do they send a coffin and pay shipping same as 360? About how long does the whole deal take?

AV cable wouldn't work seeing how its an internal problem.. and yeah I'm pretty sure they pay shipping and all that. Takes around 1 week to fix and mail back?

My Wii died last week. :sad: Well it didnt totally die it just stopped playing any disk games. I sent it off on Saturday and should get it back by next week (just in time for Mario Galaxy).

At least it happended before the warranty had run out so its being repaired with no cost to me but im missing it like crazy. Everyone at home is feeling its loss, even my Xbox loving buddy is missing it and he keeps asking when it'll be back.

Nintendo dont send out a 'coffin' for it, they just told me to put it in a box and send it to them. They do pay for all the postage though.

Grayscale display of PAL wii on NTSC tv

A Grayscale diplay comes up on the TV. Could it be the TV? the cable? I switched from a HD cable to the regular RCA and that's what I get. How do I fix it?

I got my Wii a while ago, and haven't played it much. I turned it on today without a disc, and everything is fine and dandy, but I noticed it hardly makes any noise while on the main screen. Like I have to put my ear an inch or two away just to hear something that at least indicates its actually turned on. Is this the way it's supposed to be or have I just gotten used to sonic booms being produced every time I play Halo 3?

It's no sonic boom, but you should be able to hear the tones in the background clearly enough if the volume is up high. Maybe one of your cables is messed up? Maybe Halo 3 destroyed your ears?

I'm talking about the actual noise coming from the system itself (ie fans, drives, etc.). But thank you for the response.

jjordona said:
A Grayscale diplay comes up on the TV. Could it be the TV? the cable? I switched from a HD cable to the regular RCA and that's what I get. How do I fix it?
Most probably it is the TV. I used to have a NTSC 3DO that appeared grey on a PAL TV so i had to get a NTSC/PAL convertor for it. If the HD cable worked ok though just switch back to that.

iceman299 said:
I'm talking about the actual noise coming from the system itself (ie fans, drives, etc.). But thank you for the response.
Why would you want it to make noise? :confused:

Its normal for it to be quiet, in fact the only real noise it makes is when accessing the disk.

Yeah, don't worry, mines very quiet, hardly any fan noise at all (have to be near the console), the only real noise is as mentioned when the drive is accessing the disk and it makes that familiar sound, always wondered what causes that. Is it the laser moving inside?

Back