Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Sometimes when play SSX Blur, my Wii freexes when going through loading screens and I have to unplug it to reset. It is rather cramped between my TV and wall, so I am assuming that it is over hating. Should I get a cooling stand, or it there a defferent problem?

Hey, I'm new to the forums, but I joined for the single purpose of getting help.

I've had my Wii since it the day it came out. And I haven't had a problem until now.

My syncing system is acting up. I needed to resync both of my Wiimotes. And I'll do exactly what the instruction manual says. The lights will blink, then they'll change the pattern in which they blink. I can't really describe it. But they won't stop blinking, like the manual say they will. And yes, the batteries I'm using are brand new.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
alrite, i got my wii on blackfriday and it's very fun. but sometimes after playing a game and swapping out the disc for another game, the screen says "Error has occured. Eject disc and turn off power and wait 5 mins."
Do i have a broken wii? or do i need a cooling stand?

Help me if you can...

A couple of days ago I turned on my wii only to find little silvery lines running down the screen. It resembles and old crt telly getting interference from a hairdryer. The lines are intermitent and very annoying, they almost flash. This is very annoying so I tried to double check everything.

I've tried the wii on three different TVs and the problem is still there. I've changed the settings on the wii menu (screen etc) and that makes no difference. As I said the best way to describe it is like an old crt TV getting interference - but there is no hairdryer on!

I'm sad to say that I think this is a problem that I cannot fix and it needs repairing properly. My wii is just under a year old - can I get it fixed for free, I have no reciept though. Any help on returning/getting a wii fixed would be great.

Please help

Thanks

Okay my Wii has been really acting up.
Wiimote unsyncs itself.
Won't sync up when an error is on the screen (like a internet not connect error).

Oh, and the big one...
Always asking for settings on every start up! (country, time, date, etc...) ALWAYS. Make it stop. :mad5:

dalinkwent817 said:
I was about to play Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the first time. After I put the game in the console, the game title appeared normally in the Wii channel screen.

When I tried starting the game, it sounded like the system was having a hard time loading the disc. (It was scanning, repeatedly and louder than normal.) After about 30 seconds, it game me an error screen. :confused:

I forgot exactly what it was. So I ejected the game, restarted the system, and tried again. The second time, it loaded up perfectly. I hope this doesn't happen more often. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
This has happend to me a couple times as well it almost sounds like the disk is not on the spinner it keeps clicking after i take it out and restart and put disk back in i don't have any more issues.

A couple of days ago I turned on my wii only to find little silvery lines running down the screen. It resembles and old crt telly getting interference from a hairdryer. The lines are intermitent and very annoying, they almost flash. This is very annoying so I tried to double check everything.

I've tried the wii on three different TVs and the problem is still there. I've changed the settings on the wii menu (screen etc) and that makes no difference. As I said the best way to describe it is like an old crt TV getting interference - but there is no hairdryer on!

I'm sad to say that I think this is a problem that I cannot fix and it needs repairing properly. My wii is just under a year old - can I get it fixed for free, I have no reciept though. Any help on returning/getting a wii fixed would be great.

Please help

Thanks

Yep its free just send it back to Nintendo and theyll fix and pay for the shipping. Usually takes about a week.

Please help

Thanks

Yep its free just send it back to Nintendo and theyll fix and pay for the shipping. Usually takes about a week.[/QUOTE]

i don't have a wireless router yet, but i was eager to start playing my new Wii last night so i went ahead and hooked it up, turned it on, and loaded the Sports game (with no internet connection). With the disc loaded it initially prompted some sort of update (didn't indicate if it was game update or hardware update). the progress bar loaded up, but then i got a disc error/please reboot message. after rebooting the Wii i put the Sports game back in and it is giving me "unreadable disc" messages.

anyone have any clue what might be going on? i'm hoping i don't have a faulty optical lens. i'm going to pick up another game on the way home to see if another game will load up.

is an online update necessary to start playing games? i assume not but i thought it might be worth asking.

PS - i also tried resetting the Wii to the default factory settings but that did not help, and this also did NOT lead me to another update prompt.

On my Wii, Wii game discs work normally, Gamecube game discs fail to be read and I must eject the disc and put it back in to try and get it to read properly. I'm extremely lucky if the Wii accepts the GCN disc on the second try. Usually the cycle is repeated over an hour's time. It. Is. Annoying. Help. Me. Please.

This only started happening about a month ago, I've had my wii since early summer.
I'll go to play Zelda for example, and it'll go black and then the screen telling me to strap up my wii strap will show up.
But now, 1/3 times it'll go black and stay black, nothing will show up.
I've waited 5 minutes but nothing happened, and now my internet browser will freeze and an annoying beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound will come out through my speakers.
I'm really confused, I don't believe I got any sort of extended warranty on my wii, I bought it off the futureshop.ca website.
Help please.

^mm thats really weird. I dont think you can fix that unless you send it back to Nintendo. And yeah you got extended warranty from them so theyll be fix it and ship it back to you for free.

D1nner said:
^mm thats really weird. I dont think you can fix that unless you send it back to Nintendo. And yeah you got extended warranty from them so theyll be fix it and ship it back to you for free.
How long do you think it'll take for me to get it back?
and I can copy saved games to an SD card, correct?

Back