Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

My Wii system has black jumping vertical lines going across the screen. Gets worse sometimes as the system gets warmed up. Sometimes it does it very little. Twice the screen has frozen up in the middle of playing a game. Does not matter what game I am playing. Any advice? any one else experiencing

Quote:
A couple of days ago I turned on my wii only to find little silvery lines running down the screen. It resembles and old crt telly getting interference from a hairdryer. The lines are intermitent and very annoying, they almost flash. This is very annoying so I tried to double check everything.

I've tried the wii on three different TVs and the problem is still there. I've changed the settings on the wii menu (screen etc) and that makes no difference. As I said the best way to describe it is like an old crt TV getting interference - but there is no hairdryer on!

I'm sad to say that I think this is a problem that I cannot fix and it needs repairing properly. My wii is just under a year old - can I get it fixed for free, I have no reciept though. Any help on returning/getting a wii fixed would be great.

Please help

Thanks

Yep its free just send it back to Nintendo and theyll fix and pay for the shipping. Usually takes about a week.[/quote]

I have exactly the same problem. static interference running in my tv screen. it even affects another tv set a few meters away.

anyway my question is i bought my wii in Los Angeles, CA USA and I brought it home to the philippines. where do i exactly send my wii for repair? the shop where i bought it or to nintendo? how do i do it?

i just got the wii today, an early christmas present for my brother and I. i plugged in everything, and i turned it on and nothing. in the place where you plug in the av cables, i plugged in my PS2 to make suer that wasnt the problem, and it turned on and went to screen no problem. when i turn on my wii, the power light comes on, and i can hear it working, but nothing comes up on my screen. someone help, please!

Just wanted to add a little experience I just just had: I bought my Wii about a month ago for my kids.Since I work and study full time I hadn't had a chance to test it yet.Imagine my disappointment when my kids woke up on X-mas morning and couldn't get it to work!:yikes:

Well,after a thorough research, searches on the net and much arguing with my wife we finally found out:the darn disk was being inserted backwards! All is happy now in Wii land.:smilewinkgrin:

Happy to have discovered this forum though.Will be visiting often.Merry X-mas to all!

wii drink coaster

What a piece of garbage. Disc error and no live support available from nintendo. I'm going back to playing COD4 on 360 and using the wii as my $250 drink coaster, my kids can cry their hearts out.

Console not accepting CD

10 y/o daughter got a Wii from Santa. After setting up, console won't accept CD. Any ideas? Thanks!

Another disk read error. The disk simply won't seat and spits it back out. Yes, it's being loaded on it's correct side. Another $250 paperweight here, too.

"10 y/o daughter got a Wii from Santa. After setting up, console won't accept CD. Any ideas? Thanks"

Well I had a similiar issue at one point with Gamecube games. My issue however was originating from a second party Gamecube remote.

Try inserting Wii Sports with the console in standby mode. It worked for me aft I had to reformat my Wii.

"Another disk read error. The disk simply won't seat and spits it back out. Yes, it's being loaded on it's correct side. Another $250 paperweight here, too."

Same thing as above. Have you tried updating your system......also are you trying to get the system to work with Wii Sports?? A few third party games have been known to be faulty. If these steps don't work you can bitethe bullet and return them. Issue there is that most stores don't have any on the shelves.

another duff wii

well it seems like the wii is a duffer. my daughter still has no Christmas present .Thanks Nintendo for refusing to send a replacement, just a pre paid sticker to return it. we might get it back in a few weeks..customer satisfaction eh.. time to visit thr consumer advice centre..maybe if we all complain we might get somewhere

Wii Audio Problems

Hi all, here is my problem:
When I turn on my wii everything is fine except for the volume. It is hard to describe but it is the volume coming out of the t.v. that doesn't work. It is fuzzy and crackly and you can kinda make out the sounds but not well enough to be fine with it. It worked for about 3 months until it recently started doing this weird volume thing. I have tried multiple t.v.'s, power outlets, and even tried hooking my neighbors wii up to where I hook mine in (hers worked fine.) If anyone knows how to solve this please let me know, or if you need more info that I didn't give....

thanks!
Sully777

my wii freezes when i play wii sports or wii play is there a patch we need or do i need to bring the console back

more freezing

I have had a freezing issue with Madden 07. It generally freezes after about an hour and a half of gameplay. I beleive that issue stems from overheating which has been discussed in the forum already. I also had an issue with Mario Galaxy. In the initial movie sequence, the movie is choppy and freezes and unfreezes. From reading all of the posts on here about freezing, besides the overheating issue, I believe Nintendo miscalculated on the hard drive and preocessor speed they needed in the console to run the games. After the initial movie sequence in Mario Galaxy, we played the game for 3 hours afterwards without any problems which means the initial hesitation during the movie scene, was not due to overheating, but a case of the system not being able to handle the movie scene.

Does Nintendo know they have an issue with this? If so, is there anything they can do about it short of replacing the processor and/or hard drive?

freezing

mine only freezes when i play wii sports or wii play ...am not sure if it is the disk or the console ..... i am hoping that the system only needs a patch
as for madden the graphics are making the wii console over heat so you are right
about your freezing .....i have the cooling station and i am still getting the freeze

Sully777 said:
Hi all, here is my problem:
When I turn on my wii everything is fine except for the volume. It is hard to describe but it is the volume coming out of the t.v. that doesn't work. It is fuzzy and crackly and you can kinda make out the sounds but not well enough to be fine with it. It worked for about 3 months until it recently started doing this weird volume thing. I have tried multiple t.v.'s, power outlets, and even tried hooking my neighbors wii up to where I hook mine in (hers worked fine.) If anyone knows how to solve this please let me know, or if you need more info that I didn't give....

thanks!
Sully777
Have you tried a different cable? If it isn't the TV's inputs (as your neighbor's Wii works with them), it could only be the cable or the Wii itself in which case you should probably call Nintendo about it. They may have you send it in for replacement.

Back