Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Well its too bad my first post is about hardware problems.

First a little backstory. My wife gave me permision to get a game console system (I have a PC that plays everything out there right now) so I chose the XBOX360.

wait let me give you a little more info..... My wife said I can get a game console system for the family :) which includes a 2 year old and a 5 year old. So I chose a xbox360. I had some good fun with it for a couple of days, but my kids just couldnt get the hang of Forza Motorsports 2. So i brought it back to Futureshop, and got myself a WII.

I have fallen in love with this little thing. My PC could do everything the xbox could (minus some exclusives) But this Wii is all new fun.

Now that I have that out of the way..... my problem.

I bought the Wii yesterday with a WiiPlay remote package, Metroid 3 corruption, and Carnival (This game got terrible reviews online, but I strongly recommend it for ages 3-6. My kids a squeeling giggling little nutz the whole time its on) Well yesterday and today we logged a good 5 hours of gameplay (In little spurts) and while playing Carnival it froze. Screen went Blank, and a humming sound was comming out of the audio (stereo). I pressed power....nothing...... I pressed reset.... nothing....... I pressed eject....It ejected.

I pulled the powerplug from the back and plugged it in again. It started up. And we were able to play again. Not 5 min later it froze again. did the same thing, and it froze again.

I packed up all of my stuff, and brought it back to futureshop with reciept and traded it for another one. Im hoping this one will not have any problems. I am loving Metroid 3.

I must admit that futureshop was nice to me, they even replaced my wiipoints that I had on the console (2000) although with a little influence from my complaining. I didnt have to raise my voice or anything tho. Just explained my situation and stated I think they should replace it.

Regardless of Customer service issues (which i would say were quite good) Has anyone else here had these kinds of problems with the Wii.

GC controller ports stopped working

Me, my cousin, and his brother played mario party with the first 3 GC controller ports and when one of them tries to play solo the first controller port dies, then plugs it in the second one and it works for a few seconds then dies, then same with third port. Now Im left with the fourth controller port being the only one working. Anyone else have the same problem or know how to fix it?

I just received my Wii, and the drive won't take the disc. It makes a loud motor sound, and won't take the disc in. Does anyone share in my misery, or have any suggestions?

wii remote cursor not showing up

The wierdest thing happened on my brothers wii the other day he has only one remote and has had it for almost a year now....the cursor stopped showing up.

batteries are new
noting is in the way of the sensor bar and the remote still works it can get to the remote setting page the one where it tells you how charged are your batteries.

anyway i tried doing a search on here came up with nothing and the are over 30 pages of issues people are having so i don't have time to check out each page lol

anyway if someone can help i would be thankful

hotrod0327 said:
The wierdest thing happened on my brothers wii the other day he has only one remote and has had it for almost a year now....the cursor stopped showing up.

batteries are new
noting is in the way of the sensor bar and the remote still works it can get to the remote setting page the one where it tells you how charged are your batteries.

anyway i tried doing a search on here came up with nothing and the are over 30 pages of issues people are having so i don't have time to check out each page lol

anyway if someone can help i would be thankful
Sounds like the IR sensor in the Wiimote is broken.

If you don't want to take it apart and resolder it, just take it back to where you got it and lie about the warranty.

Can I splice the sensor bar cord?
my sisters cat bit trought the cord and I wanted to repair it
lucky I can use my GH3 gutair to start up fire emblem
any suggestions?

ok...so I hadn't played my wii in a while. And it was not in standby mode. We had lost power during the period i wasn't playing it so it had the red LED on instead of the orange. My sister wanted to me to bring home my wii during thanksgiving so that she could try it out before she asked for one for xmas.

First: It seems my Wii makes more noise then i remembered it. i played Metroid 3 for a while and it was clicking like crazy.

Second: My wii crashes...i guess that's the best thing to call it. Sometimes (it happened twice in about 3 hours of play) the screen goes black and the wiimote seems to lose connection but the power on the wii stays on. after a few seconds the screen comes back up and the remote with reconnect with the press of any button. Has anyone else seen this? And does anyone have any ides of what it may be?

Third: I bought the wii in feb/march. i have the box it came in but i don't know if i can find the recipt. am I pretty much screwed if it needs repairs?

I have a Wii that the cd-rom makes a buzzing noise. It seems like the plastic spindle is rubbing against the cd but I am not sure. There are no wear marks on the cd when we eject the cd.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there an adjustment that can be made? Are there replacement parts that can be ordered to fix this problem?
Is there a repair center that I can send the unit to to have it fixed if necessary?

Thanks,

Louis

my wii sometimes freezes. the first time i was playing secret rings and it froze and made an anoying noise so i unpluged it.the second time i tried to play pool on wii play and it froze.the third time i exited the internet channel and it froze.but since the last firmware update it has been fine.so i gues the problem is old firmware.

I finally broke down and purchased a new remote. Gaming is working fine now. I guess this stuff is expensive. Had a great time on Wii sports. My son and both need the exercise.

I've got some slowdown problems...
There are lot of slowdowns as if the game has low frame rate. Well VC doesnt matter but I've seensome in MP3 and Mario Strikers C. In Mp3, I found them whenthereare many explosions,whenI get pushed back by the wind in Valhalla, and in thevideobefore I fight against Rundus. In MSC, I found slowdownsin the videoafter a player scores a goal (ex:boo flies around the field). This happens a lot inthe map vice.
Is this normal?

Back