Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

when i try to connect internet it says i did not conect the lan adapter correctly what is a lan adapter of witch it speaks? plz help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defragged said:
After three more errors and a lock up today I just hung up with Nintendo and I'm going to ship the unit back to them. I told them I don't want a refurb, but they said in some cases a remanufactured unit will be provided if the repairs are extensive. As long as they will give me the one year warranty same as the original unit then I'm happy. I bought ours in September but didn't open it until December 25th as it was a present for our daughter.

Today I got three more Disc Read errors including the first one with Pokemon Battle Revolution. The drive is making a clicking noise while trying to read. Last night it finally read one disc after two restarts, but the system was noticeably slower loading levels. I hope Nintendo gets it right soon!

I have the exact same issue. I have just received the UPS label to mail the unit back. I would think that a new DVD drive would be all it needs.

I had a similar issue with my old xbox and it was just the drive.

Also, like you I bought mine early (August) for Christmas.

Remote issue I think???

We got our Wii for Christmas and have been playing Wii sports with no problem until today. When trying to play baseball, the bat keeps swinging and when bowling the ball always goes backwards even though we obviously know how to bowl by now. This happened quite often before we learned how to do it. Anyway, the pointer works fine otherwise. You can select which game to play, which Mii to use and can also connect to the Internet. I tired everything including syncronizing, unplugging the system, replacing batteries, but nothing worked. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Faulty Wii
Shuts off in middle of playing.
I think it might be related to a heat issue.
Like it shuts off because it's running too hot.
Would a cooling fan help this?
Or should I just send it in to Nintendo?

The problem with my wii is that it gets too hot quickly and it is standing up I have done nothing to it what so ever and so when I play redsteel the game freezes because it is hot should I get a wii fan and when it is hot I burnt my hand on the bloody thing really hot.

26in Samsung LCD HDTV. tried all inputs. shows "No Signal" with S-video plugged in.

Any ideas?

UUQ said:
26in Samsung LCD HDTV. tried all inputs. shows "No Signal" with S-video plugged in.

Any ideas?
In regard to your S video question, try checking the settings on your Wii to make sure it is set to 480i and not 480p. See if that helps.

Devilxier said:
I have wonderful Error 110213, when trying to connect to the internet.
Nintendo has said this is a hardware issue so *shrugs* I'll have to phone them and get it replaced lol.

anyways with the Wiimote issues I've found it acts funny where your playing into the sun or have a reflective sufface between you and the Sensor bar

has anyone actually gotten through to Nintendo about the 110213 thing?
Have you checked to see if you have the MAC address filtering enabled on your wireless router? If so, just add the MAC address of the Wii into your router. That should eliminate the problem.

Last edited:
George said:
Ok My wiimote is fine more or less when its on its own with nothing plugged in, as soon as i plug the nunchuk in, it disconnects every time i rotate to wiimote slightly, its very irritating especially on games where you are required to rotate the wiimote.
I would try replacing the batteries and see if that might fix the problem. I expereinced the same problem when my rechargables are about to go out.

Last edited:
metroidman said:
when i try to connect internet it says i did not conect the lan adapter correctly what is a lan adapter of witch it speaks? plz help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LAN "Local Area Network" adapter. Are you using a wireless router? or are you attempting to hard wire the wii to your router? If you are wanting to wire it directly, the wii may have an issue with the ethernet adapter you are wanting to use in one of your usb ports.

Dtov said:
I would try replacing the batteries and see if that might fix the problem. I expereinced the same problem when my rechargables are about to go out.

Yep that sorts it out, until the batterys run down again, which takes about 2 hours of gameplay. My wiiremote has oddly drained any batterys i tried like hell, any help?

George said:
Yep that sorts it out, until the batterys run down again, which takes about 2 hours of gameplay. My wiiremote has oddly drained any batterys i tried like hell, any help?
If you are not using a decent rechargeable battery, I would recommend using Energizer Lithium batteries. If you are using just standard AA batteries especially a no-name brand, you will experience shorter play time.

So far I have had good luck using Energizer Rechargeables and when those get drained, I recharge the batteries and while their charging I pop in the Lithium's and keep on playing.

Dtov said:
If you are not using a decent rechargeable battery, I would recommend using Energizer Lithium batteries. If you are using just standard AA batteries especially a no-name brand, you will experience shorter play time.

So far I have had good luck using Energizer Rechargeables and when those get drained, I recharge the batteries and while their charging I pop in the Lithium's and keep on playing.

I see what your saying but surely Energizer Ultra would suffice? No, they just where out after a day.

George said:
I see what your saying but surely Energizer Ultra would suffice? No, they just where out after a day.
I would advise trying the Lithiums, if those drain in one day then I would say that you have an issue with that one controller. Does this happen with any of your other wii controllers?

notshort said:
I've got a problem with one of my remotes (and only one, oddly enough)...

I was playing Super Mari Galaxy when Mario stopped being able to perform his spin attack, no matter how much I shook the remote. Puzzled, I put it down to a low battery and put it in the charger for the night. The next day, it still didn't work. I ran a couple tests with Wii Sports and the Mario Olympic game, and it seems that it's lost the ability to detect fast movements (shaking it to swing your sword in Zelda, swinging it in Tennis or Bowling, etc). The pointer still works fine though.

Something else odd is that in the main menu for the Olympic game (and only there), my pointer icon appears upside down. Maybe it's a problem with the tilt sensor?

The remote's been in use for about two weeks. Admittedly I did play through all of Twilight Princess with it in that time, but it shouldn't be burned out this soon, right?
Hi
Did you get a reply for this. I have a very similar problem. Our Wii is about 2 weeks old and being performing great. This morning I was trying to play Wii Sports and the controller will not work inside any of the games, i.e. it will not swing a racket, bat or club or bowl. Everything else is fine, the pointer will allow you to select games and channels etc. Also in Big Brain Academy the pointer is upside down!!!

Any ideas?

W.

Back