Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Hi all,

Im having the same problem ( a very low volume from the T.V. and the Wiimote ) as Sully777 but instead mine involve the 2nd player's wiimote, the 1st player works fine. When I interchange the wiimotes (where the 1st wiimote becomes the 2nd player's and the 2nd wiimote becomes the 1st player) the 1st wiimote which was working fine earlier have the same problem as the 2nd wiimote from earlier (a very low volume on the wiimote and on the T.V.). I just got my Wii about 2 weeks ago then this problem began just recently, any solutions? please advice, thanks in advance.

P.S. the volume settings are all at maximum for the motes and the T.V.

[/QUOTE]
"Another disk read error. The disk simply won't seat and spits it back out. Yes, it's being loaded on it's correct side. Another $250 paperweight here, too."

Same thing as above. Have you tried updating your system......also are you trying to get the system to work with Wii Sports?? A few third party games have been known to be faulty. If these steps don't work you can bitethe bullet and return them. Issue there is that most stores don't have any on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

Updated the system, tried different games, same result. Definitely a mechanical error, the system couldn't grab the disk and seat it correctly.
Happy ending: Filled out the repair information, got ready to send it back. Called the store we purchased it from and they had just put out a few the day after Christmas. Got a new one that worked!

My problem is the wiimote, the actual sensor does not work, it does not show up on screen no matter what angle or distance im pointing the wiimote from, it isn't batterys and the actual remote is connected becuase when i press home on it, it comes up fine.

OK never mind, i fixed it.

Last edited:
unplayable discs

hi all is there a way round playing discs on a wii bought in dubai now set up in the uk , discs bought from dubai play fine but uk discs dont play , can i set it up for an america area to play plaese help :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Pretty stupid. But when I play GH3 in my room it can't connect online, but right beside my room attached to it 1 meter away and I can connect to GH3 online.

mantier said:
mine only freezes when i play wii sports or wii play ...am not sure if it is the disk or the console ..... i am hoping that the system only needs a patch
as for madden the graphics are making the wii console over heat so you are right
about your freezing .....i have the cooling station and i am still getting the freeze
Same issue here although its mainly happening with Wii Sports and Wii Play. Two days ago it happened for the first time after using the system without any problems since Christmas day. Happened once with Mario & Sonic too. I called Nintendo and they are sending new discs. If that doesn't work I guess we'll have to get the unit repaired.

Ok My wiimote is fine more or less when its on its own with nothing plugged in, as soon as i plug the nunchuk in, it disconnects every time i rotate to wiimote slightly, its very irritating especially on games where you are required to rotate the wiimote.

Right, I have now discovered that the wiiremote drains the batterys like hell, (got through about 10 in a week) and this problem above only occurs when the batterys are running low, thus i need to keep changing them to play the dam wii. If knowone has any solutions I'll just get a new wiiremote.

Last edited:
zx3chris said:
Plugged in Wii last night (after waiting 8 hrs in NYC cold). worked great, logged into my wireless access point and updated the firmware twice. played for a few hours. Turned the device off (went to standby, orange LED). Today, it stayed in standby mode and i could not recover from it. I turned off the power by holding down the power switch and LED went red. Hitting it again, it turned green, the screen shows absolutely nothing.

I've tried different inputs and 2 other TVs - the Wii turns on, DVD drive spins up, but the screen is completely black -

does anyone else have a similiar issue? There are no error codes reported;

/chris
Yeah same problem with mine today. Other than a quick flicker no video or audio just a black screen. My DVD & Xbox work on the same TV input so it is the Wii that shut down. Same sit-rap, green light on, blue light flickers on the drive face, can hear the drive spinning up, reset to red, then repeat - same no output. Think I got two afternoons of up time with Wii. This SUCKS.

I have to reinsert the disc to resume play

A few weeks ago soon after I got my Wii, I was playing a Wii game when I decided to stop. I went back into the Wii menu and played a virtual console game for about a half-hour. I kept the Wii disc in the drive because I knew I would continue to play it afterwards. Anyway, I click on the disc channel and try to start up the game again. I hear some clicking sounds and get a "disc could not be read" message on a black screen (no disc error code). I eject the disc, shut down the Wii and turn it back on. When I reinsert the disc, and try to play it again, everything is fine.

This happened three times. The first and second times were with Super Mario Galaxy. The third time I tried to replicate this problem with another game, Twilight Princess. I don't think I have to send it into Nintendo for service at this time because all I have to do is reinsert the disc for it to play. I'm also worried about getting a refurb. back if I do send it in. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem. Other than that, my Wii seems to be alright (Wii/Gamecube discs always read by drive right after inserting disc, no gameplay issues, no wiimote or wifi problems).

My Wii was purchased in late August.

Returning It!

dampfnudel said:
A few weeks ago soon after I got my Wii, I was playing a Wii game when I decided to stop. I went back into the Wii menu and played a virtual console game for about a half-hour. I kept the Wii disc in the drive because I knew I would continue to play it afterwards. Anyway, I click on the disc channel and try to start up the game again. I hear some clicking sounds and get a "disc could not be read" message on a black screen (no disc error code). I eject the disc, shut down the Wii and turn it back on. When I reinsert the disc, and try to play it again, everything is fine.

This happened three times. The first and second times were with Super Mario Galaxy. The third time I tried to replicate this problem with another game, Twilight Princess. I don't think I have to send it into Nintendo for service at this time because all I have to do is reinsert the disc for it to play. I'm also worried about getting a refurb. back if I do send it in. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem. Other than that, my Wii seems to be alright (Wii/Gamecube discs always read by drive right after inserting disc, no gameplay issues, no wiimote or wifi problems).

My Wii was purchased in late August.

After three more errors and a lock up today I just hung up with Nintendo and I'm going to ship the unit back to them. I told them I don't want a refurb, but they said in some cases a remanufactured unit will be provided if the repairs are extensive. As long as they will give me the one year warranty same as the original unit then I'm happy. I bought ours in September but didn't open it until December 25th as it was a present for our daughter.

Today I got three more Disc Read errors including the first one with Pokemon Battle Revolution. The drive is making a clicking noise while trying to read. Last night it finally read one disc after two restarts, but the system was noticeably slower loading levels. I hope Nintendo gets it right soon!

I have had my Wii for awhile now without any problems, all of sudden, I am unable to eject the disc. It reads it fine but when I go to eject disc, I just get the blue light, it tries to no avail. Any solutions??? It would be very helpful for myself and my eleven year old.

Wii display problems

When I start my Wii up the sounds works fine but the picture is flickering really bad. It doesn't matter if a game is in or not the picture just keeps flickering, and it worked fine a day ago. Anyone have any suggestions???

You think you've got a problem, eh?

ok ok ok, Here's the deal....

So my Wii has always worked perfectly fine, I know how to take care of it properly, know how to work the remotes... No problems AT ALL... Well, until now...

So my Wii turns on perfectly ok right? I was playing a video game before I went over to a friends house... We were going to play a gc game at his house. So, to make things easier, I was going to put the gc game in the wii and the wii game in its case... Now... I got the wii game out, as normal, but when I tried to put the gc game inside the wii... That's when it started... it making a clicking like noise, and started to push the gc disk to the bottom of the wii, directly away from the disk reader, or as I know the subject from other consoles, the disk tray.... When it completed messing this up, it tried to eject the disk acting as though I entered no disk, or entered one of which is unreadable... But in doing so it stopped half way in, and half way out.. I had to literately pull the disk out. I tried this with a Wii game, and it came to the same results, except it didn't push it down, it just took in the disk about half way... So what should I do? I want it fixed by the time Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out... (feb 10)

I've got a problem with one of my remotes (and only one, oddly enough)...

I was playing Super Mari Galaxy when Mario stopped being able to perform his spin attack, no matter how much I shook the remote. Puzzled, I put it down to a low battery and put it in the charger for the night. The next day, it still didn't work. I ran a couple tests with Wii Sports and the Mario Olympic game, and it seems that it's lost the ability to detect fast movements (shaking it to swing your sword in Zelda, swinging it in Tennis or Bowling, etc). The pointer still works fine though.

Something else odd is that in the main menu for the Olympic game (and only there), my pointer icon appears upside down. Maybe it's a problem with the tilt sensor?

The remote's been in use for about two weeks. Admittedly I did play through all of Twilight Princess with it in that time, but it shouldn't be burned out this soon, right?

Back