Favorite Saying/Quote

Celeste said:
Barack Obama:
"What Washington needs is adult supervision."
:lol: bahahaha that man is a genius.

Mine would be: "When you fall off the horse, for god sakes get up and saddle back up on her before she comes back seconds later only to stomp on your nuts"

Another one of mine is...
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me three times, shame on me." -Unknown

One of my favorites is in my sig: "Such a long time to be gone, and such a short time to be there" It's a lyric from the Grateful Dead song Box of Rain.

And also "Life just don't grow on trees no more. Its all bout dat dolla dolla bill, yo" -Anonymous

manred said:
Another one of mine is...
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me three times, shame on me." -Unknown

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, .... you get fooled but you can't get fooled again." George W Bush

"Don't judge a book by its cover?" :lol:

"The real leader has no need to lead-he is content to point the way".

well behaved women seldom make history - laurel thatcher ulrich

i have so many but they are more blocks of amazing text than quotes.

...and i would gnaw, gnaw at myself with my teeth, inwardly, secretly, tear and suck at myself until the bitterness finally turned into some shameful, accursed sweetness, and finally - into a decided, serious pleasure! yes, a pleasure, a pleasure! - notes from the underground, nietzsche.

i froze before the keyboard. i couldn't think of a damn thing to say. no poems, no prose, no words. the pain cannot even be alchemized into art, into words, into something you can chalk up to an interesting experience because the pain itself, its intensity, is so great that it has woven itself into your system so deeply that there is no way to objectify it or push it outside or find its beauty within. -elizabeth wurtzel.

most things said by these people:
germaine greer. nietzsche. *irena bak. helen caldicott. hugh laurie. winona ryder. %hannah mason. ^irena north. fyodor dostoevsky. christopher hitchens. ^suellen mansour. #jes kemp. *czeslawa bak.

* my family
^ my teachers
# my friends
% my love

Last edited:
mine would have to be:

"You can only go halfway into the darkest forest before you're coming out the other side"

Dont get me started on how many quotes from movies i love:yikes:

Back