Final Fantasy XII

paintba||er

WiiChat Member
Sep 17, 2006
Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: s
Wii Online Code
8354-0173-2009-5422
I have been wanting to play this game, but unfortunately I gave away my PS2 before it came out so I never got a chance to do so. I got a PS3 today, so I decided to pick up a copy of it. I started playing it expecting something great, as I have never played a FF that I didn't like and they are my favorite series. Well I hate the new combat system. The old turn based system was much better IMO. I haven't got very far, but it seems that it has a pretty good story. It looks like ass too, even with upscaling.

So what do you guys think of this game and the new combat system?

Oh, and sorry about this being in the PS3 section, but we don't have a PS2 section and this seemed to be the most fitting for the topic.

I actually thought that the battle system was going to be really bad (because I love the turn-based system), but it turned out to be great. It does start off very slow, with limited abilities, but once you master the License Board, you have a great combat system within your grasp.
I would give anything to have the old system back, but this one is still entertaining.

did you update the firmware all the way? Also did you go into the OS and make sure its displaying the needed resolution? When I got my PS3 I had to manually set the resolution to the max my tv could handle, or else it just displayed the lowest.

If you look at PS2 graphics FFXII was top of the line, I own it. It had the best story of all FFs I've ever played (all except FFXI), and the new battle system is phenomenal, it just takes getting used to.

Shiftfallout said:
did you update the firmware all the way? Also did you go into the OS and make sure its displaying the needed resolution? When I got my PS3 I had to manually set the resolution to the max my tv could handle, or else it just displayed the lowest.
Ya, I have it all setup. I think I am just getting too used to the superb HD graphics on 360/PS3 games.

To be honest, I thought the new battle system didn't go far enough. I was hoping for them to abandon turn-based combat altogether and go for real-time (like in the Tales series), but instead they went for a bizarre system that was semi-turn-based and was just not much fun. But it's still a pretty good game, the story is good and there's plenty to do.

I liked the new battle system and the graphics were great, but I hated the voice acting and the characters. The only characters that didn't annoy me were Basch, Balthier, and Ashe.

Didnt like the battle system till i made it active. Got rid of the constant pausing. Try that and see if it helps.

I decided to play it again today actually, I didn't like the battle system at first but it get's amazing further in the game, it's so much more tactical than the others, storyline... amazing! One of the best FF's I've played :)

For me it's easily the best, kicks the crap out of FFVII, even though the characters are funny as hell. Basch is awesome, Balthier is a metrosexual secretly banging Fran, and Vaan is gay for Prince Larsa.

when i got the game i hated the way the fights where because you attack them then wait like 10 seconds then attack again. then i found out how to use it and how much time was left and adding special items to your guys can make them speed up and you would basically kill everything in your way!:yesnod: so yes the ne battle system is alot cooler than the other final fantasy games

I think the game finally costs $20. I'm buying it. For $20 the game looks like a great deal. $30 for the collectors edition. Not sure why Ebworld only has that as a purchase option? It will only be a matter of time before stores stop carrying the GC and PS2 games. I suggest you make a list of the games you want now or you may regret it later.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

Back