For Shame Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can you blame nintendo. the 1 year warranty is not your local shops concern, you should ring nintendo first, bad mouth them second. you post lacks common sense.

ok if you could read i said 7 day warrenty not a year if it was 1 year i would have my money back

Tool your a prick to be honist...

It's not Nintendo's falut you can't get your money back because it's the shop that sets a 7 day policy. My local store [Game] does like 2 weeks so each store is different...

Tips:

1. Make sure the art on the disc isn't facing the power button and try to place the disc in the middle of the slot.

2. Call nintendo and they'll ship you a new one [Providing you have full evidence it's yours]

3. COD3 and Red Steel are easy to play. Turn down your Sensitivity if your havign too much trouble.

4. TBH I think your a 10 year old Sony Fan boy who doesn't like the word 'New' when it comes to consoles. So please stop trying to play the Wii when it's pritty obvious your a retard and can't use anything other than a Controller. God help you when it comes to putting on a condom yeah?

If you want my advice call nintendo. Otherwise that console could have gone to someone who would have bothered to call nintendo and would have bothered to get a new one. Your a waste of space

Last edited:
Lmao! You know he's either left another disk in the wii and is trying to put in another, or he's just retarded and threw it against the wall and now he's saying.. "It won't work, it's all Nintendo's fault!" :sad:

1. How many feet did it fall when you dropped it?
2. How much beer spilled into it and did you let it dry out?

Ok, jokes aside, are there any stores that might possibly take it back without a receipt? For example (US) you bought it at Wal-Mart and take it back to K-mart saying you bought it 2 days ago but lost your receipt.
Even if K-mart can't replace the Wii (since there aren't any) they could give you store credit to buy an Xbox 360 or whatever.
And yes that sucks because you got a defective product and want to play something right now.

Where do u live? depending on where u live , go find some consumer affairs documents from the web. Similiar thing happend to me, i bought an xbox 360, 3 days later it overheated, i took it back and the shop told me that "They dont do refunds at all", and here in australia consumer affairs if something worth 400-500 dollars breaks within a month, your fully entitled to a refund :) hope that helps, i went back with my papers and shoved it in their face, they had a 2 hour sook before refunding my cash back. fkn harvey normans

chase said:
That's the store's fault. Not Nintendo. Just call Nintendo which is what you should've done in the first place. Don't take it back if you might be able to get it fixed by sending it in or even by doing it yourself.

Okay, and then why did you invest $250 on it?

Also this isn't an official forum so don't refer to it as "your wii"...

i was going to type the EXACT same thing so that eliminates half of my converstation.:D

seriously. the store only allows a certain number of days to return a product. computer stores and electronic stores in particular since they always recieve shipments of updated software and usually when you open it its now yours. 30 days or 7 days is PERFECT ammount of time to know wiether or not youre going to keep something.

when i worked in retail for radioshack a few years ago, i had customers bring back electronics seriously a year ago! just because we still "sold it" doesnt mean you can return it! then they play it off as if they lost the reciept OR that they JUST purchased it (usually when you know your inventory you know they are faking it) sh*t drove me crazy!

anyways, its the stores fault just like "chase" has said. even if it is the stores fault, youve had the product for a month. call nintendo and theyll fix it OR deal with it sorry. you had PLENTY of time ot know if you liked it or not and its not nintendos fault. you now have a year ( i think) service plan (waranty) so get callin!

also, yeah, what is with the "your wii"??? we're not nintendo.....?:frown2:

And for the record, no software is refundable once opened... if your not living in a bubble, you should know this. Nintendo will repair the console, and seeing as you cannot return it for cash from the POS, you can trade it in at any EB or GameStop for another system. Done deal.

tuned said:
And for the record, no software is refundable once opened... if your not living in a bubble, you should know this. Nintendo will repair the console, and seeing as you cannot return it for cash from the POS, you can trade it in at any EB or GameStop for another system. Done deal.

no you an't, they will give you a cirtin amount of store credit, and they test it then and their if it dosent work they wont take it. Plus it might only be so much credit, and what system is worth the wii? PS3? my ass 360? ha!

I don't think this guy has any interest in listening - he just wants to complain. He doesn't even understand what a warranty is. He thinks a warranty means you can return it anytime within the warranty period. That just is not the way a warranty works.

His complaint is about the store policy from where he bought the Wii. Stores such as Best Buy have very strict rules on when an item can be returned (or if it ever can). Those are store policies and have nothing to do with Nintendo.

Nintendo is responsible for the quality of the product - not the retailers return policy. In this case Nintendo is above many other electronics companies. They offer a full 1 year warranty and will promptly at no charge repair or replace the system. What more can you ask of them? My daughters DS broke a few months ago and I sent it to Nintendo and had a replacement within a week. No questions asked.

There is no reason to flame everyone here as being Nintendo "fanboys" for being responsible enough to know a stores return policy before buying a product. Why don't you go to a Playstation board - you may just find they will give you the same answer. I do not know your age but you need to teach yourself the basics of return policies and warranties. Otherwise you are going to find yourself disgusted every time you make major purchases through your life.

Example: Go out and buy a Ford car with a 5 year warranty. After a few months you return to the dealership and demand your money back. It has a bad alternator, and if you had known when you bought it you never would have made the purchase. Good luck getting the dealership to take your car back and good luck posting on Ford bulletin boards with 'For Shame Ford'. I'm sure the Ford "fanboys" will for some reason think your demands are a bit unreasonable.

Btw

off topic:
fanboys and fans are diffrent. Fanboys are people who likes things that are clearly not liked much by the public and they try to make it sound great. 360 fanboys dont do this, they just says stuff no one gives a crap about, the memory the intake procesing 4858 %^ times 2 all that BS.

This guy is obviously just a troll trying to stir up stuff. best bet is to ignore him, and he'll go away.

As anyone with even half a brain knows, stores set policies about refunds, it would be the same for an xbox, nintendo, or sony. Your 1 year warranty will be honoured by Nintendo provided it is a manufacturing defect, and not that you stuffed some peanut butter and jelly sandwhich into the drive.

funcoland, gamestop, ect they give money back for trade ins. they deduct 20% though i believe if you wish to take the money instead of store credit.

for example, if you trade in a game and gamestop gives you 40$ for it but you want the cash? they deduct a small percentage of that because youre not trading in one for another.

also, wiitendo is right. they test the hardware before they take it and they take down your licence and information to submit it to the local Police Department incase someone steals your games and they can "trace it"

so if you sold a broken nintendo and traded it into funcoland, they take down your info and then youre screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back