Gamecube Game Prices

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
Does anyone know once the Wii is released how much Gamecube games will cost. I don't have a Gamecube, but I want to buy some GC games so that when the Wii comes out I'll have something to play, cause I'm not too excited about the launch titles.

I would think Gamecube game prices would drop a fair bit, considering the consumer demand for them being taken by the release of the Wii and its games.

I haven't seen any Gamecube games around since 4 months ago... sadly, I think they won't sell anymore GC games when the Wii is released.

the backwards compatibility means they will still be sold for while, but major chains (walmart, best buy, etc) will eventually phase them out, then your only hope will be game stores, eventually even the game store will only have used copies

The gamecube games will definitely drop but we can't be sure how much... the Wii will be able to play GC games right?

I am thinking that they will drop down to atleast $30 which will be really nice because them I am going to go and buy a whole bunch of them.

Yeah, I'm gonna buy a bunch too for the Wii. Mostly because I don't play Zelda or Metroid Prime. The only Wii game I wanna get at launch is Wii Sports.

Come to think of it, I don't think there has been tv console that has been able to play games of the previous generation, e.g gamecube can't play N64 games and N64 can't play SNES games. Having said this, the phasing out process of the gamecube games should take longer.

Riviet said:
Come to think of it, I don't think there has been tv console that has been able to play games of the previous generation, e.g gamecube can't play N64 games and N64 can't play SNES games. Having said this, the phasing out process of the gamecube games should take longer.

ps2 can play ps1 games.

ps3 can play both.

if your juct talking nintendo, sorry for correcting you, yes this is the first nintendo machiene that is backwards compatable besides gameboy.

and the camecube games will probably be around 30-40$.

good games, cheap prices, GAMECUBE ROCKS!

I don't think they will discontinue it but... what about the GC consoles? those are going to be really discontinued or what?

probably. but remember, with nintendo consoles, you can take it outside, and play football with it, and bring it back inside, and it will still work perfectly.

nintendo knows how to make there consoles, and your GC will last at least 10 more years.

the price probably wont drop for a little while. game publishers will still probably make a few more games for the GC. take the 360 for example. a lot of Xbox games are still $50 even though the 360 is out. not everyone can afford a wii.

they will probably continue producing the GCN until about this time next year. then what the produce, is what there is to sell, and thats it.

Back