Gamecube games for Wii owners

Paul Kemp said:
Just became a Wii owner (gr8). Does anyone know if I can use my Warioware or Tiger Wood 6 golf GC games on the Wii ? Have the Wii arcade controler but it doesn't seem to function for these games ? Any clues ????:confused:

I'm pretty sure that to play GC games on the wii, you have to use your GC controller. You'd think they'd have allowed you to map the GC controls to the VC controller. That really sucks that they didn't.

HauntingTheHoly said:
This is a good thread, as I'm in the same boat as the thread starter and I bet there are many of us out there. :thumbsup: I have been out of the console market since the 16 bit generation and then I had a Genesis, no SNES. I'm probably pretty alone in making such a late comeback. Hehehe.

No, I can beat that - atari 2600 -=> Wii....

Luckily I have known a few people with consoles so have some exposure to the interim, plus of course I owned a commodore! Yeah! lol...

Problem around here is that the GC controllers are rarer than hens teeth in a really bad way. Pawn shops are raking it in as demand has skyrocketed because of all the new wii inducties. Secret: It's cheaper to go to eb games and buy a "pre-owned" gamecube with controllers at au$49, because some pawn shops have ALLREADY hit $50 a controller for second hand GC controllers! (that is what they say, without even having any!) I bought two non genuine GC controllers for $20 each and they weere the only two controllers of any kind actually available anywhere in my region.

It amazes me that nintendo would make the VC controller not work on GC games. Seems backwards and stupid as a move to me - really stupid. But I suppose they want us buying the Wii games.

Animal Crossing is awesome.

Hopefully it will have an online sequel on the Wii

And definitely invest in a Wavebird of a controller.

Ok today I bought 4 more GC games from EB games preowned stuff. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, Burnout, Turok, and Starfox Adventures. While they are all reasonable, I would definitely reccomend Gauntlet (partially because I was a huge fan of Gauntlet in the 80's and to see it reworked so sweetly kinda appealed to me - but even if you haven't played either of the orignals, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy stand up very well. Also, Starfox Adventures is excellent. Highly recomended.

Here we go again...

Sonic Adv. DX
Sonic Adv. 2 Battle
Sonic Heroes
StarFox Adventures
Sonic Gems Collection
StarFox Assault
Sonic Mega collections
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Shadow The Hedgehog

Dont care how bad Shadow was, im a Sonic fan to the end, thick and thin...

Tails McCloud~ said:
Here we go again...

Sonic Adv. DX
Sonic Adv. 2 Battle (totaly)
Sonic Heroes (for hard core sonic fans like me)
StarFox Adventures
Sonic Gems Collection
StarFox Assault
Sonic Mega collections
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Shadow The Hedgehog (for hard core sonic fans like me)
MELEE!!
Dont care how bad Shadow was, im a Sonic fan to the end, thick and thin...

edit*

Mallhew said:
Why doesn't anyone like Starfox Adventures?

That's a great game.
It's pretty good, but it could easily have stared an original character, rather than fox. Seems like Rare at the end asked "now who's gonna be the main character in this? Hmmm.....Star Fox!"

kirby air ride is a fun game loaded with 300 unlockables (or sumthin like that)
and fun multi player action. SSBM is awesome too. Animal crossing, Wario Ware INC. 007 night fire, uhhhh what else..... Wind waker, mario kart, ect ect.....

anyway you get the point....

I can't believe that nobody's mentioned "Eternal Darkness". This was an amazing game in a survival horror sort of style, and probably my favourite for GC.

I couldnt get past a part...i was like in a cavern, with like mummies or something, i was getting old with a guy and had Tulwars...i couldnt find out where to go...so i sold it

There is a little game that i'm sure few people here have heard of but all must own . . . Ikaruga. other than that there is always the two Mega Man collections, the two Metroid Primes, and the ever so obvious SSBM.

If you're into strategy/RPG's theres Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance.

Just putting in my two cents worth.

I am having soo much fun playing Resident evil 4. It is a must get if you ask me

Back