Games for very young kids - PLEASE recommend!

mabhz

WiiChat Member
Apr 8, 2007
I have two kids, 4 and 5 years-old.

Could someone with kids this age recommend me a few WII games that are easy to play and suitable for this age??

I tried Raving Rabids, Wario, Xcite Trucks and Super Monkey Ball but the controlling was a bit difficult for them, specially Rayman and Monkey Ball.

Any help, please??

Id like something like the DS games that are great for kids, that are easy to play and they can handle them all alone.

i would of said wario ware but you already tried it

erm...... im assuming you dont have wii sports

try wii play you get a free remote with it too

yeah, i already thought about that one. But im told it gets EXTREMELLY boring after a while.

Anyone played Sonic, SSX and Paper Mario? Are they "easy" to control?

My older kid (5 y-old) LOVES SSX on the Playstation 2. He plays for hours if i let him. There is no way to miss in a game like that. If you want, its just a case of turning right and left, if you forget about the moves.

My six and nine year olds love Wii sports. The six year old just loves the Boxing, while the nine year old is more into the bowling.

mabhz said:
yeah, i already thought about that one. But im told it gets EXTREMELLY boring after a while.

Anyone played Sonic, SSX and Paper Mario? Are they "easy" to control?

My older kid (5 y-old) LOVES SSX on the Playstation 2. He plays for hours if i let him. There is no way to miss in a game like that. If you want, its just a case of turning right and left, if you forget about the moves.

i don't think they will enjoy paper mario that much, it is somewhat confusing and can be difficult at times.

if there isn't anything out right now that you feel you MUST have- remember, the Wii is a fully functional gamecube. If you have a gamecube controller, you can play any of those games(and there sure are a lot) as well.

Wii Play and Wii Sport - might be bored but atleast they are easy

Elebits is good too but I don't think there's any free-play modes or anything and it'll get waaayyy to hard quickly

butchM said:
My six and nine year olds love Wii sports. The six year old just loves the Boxing, while the nine year old is more into the bowling.

ButchM, would you mind telling what other games your six year old is able to play without high levels of frustration, besides Wii Sports???

ELEBITS:
i was thinking of this one. Is it too hard too soon also???

GAMECUBE:
i was also considering some old games, but do i NECESSARILY need a gamecube controller or can i use the wii remote or the classic controler??

thanks, folks...

mabhz said:
ButchM, would you mind telling what other games your six year old is able to play without high levels of frustration, besides Wii Sports???

ELEBITS:

GAMECUBE:
i was also considering some old games, but do i NECESSARILY need a gamecube controller or can i use the wii remote or the classic controler??

thanks, folks...

yes you would need the gamecube controller

mabhz said:

ELEBITS:

GAMECUBE:

thanks, folks...
hi i recomend if u dont decide on a wii game get a gamecube controller (u cant use the wii remote or the classic controler)and memcard for gamecube and you will have much more choice in games. aslo i have been buying gamecube games on ebay for about £5(about $10)each.

I think games such as Barnyard and Cars would be suitible for children. Certainly if they've seen the films
I think SSX would work. Aside from the tricks I think tilting the Nunchuk from left to right should be easy for a child of 5 or 6.

I'd go with SSX or Cars if I was in your shoes

Hope that helps, Smurf xD

I actually haven't gotten around to buying a Wii yet. We visited my sister's family and just played the games they had. Wario-Smooth Moves and Rayman were both too difficult for them to play by themselves. I've heard decent things about Happy Feet, Elebits, and Cosmic Family.

Back