Games for very young kids - PLEASE recommend!

i think wii play is a good idea

and it comes with a $40 wiimote (it cost $50)

when friends come over i often show them wiiplay 1st or wiisports

many of the games are very simple

it sounds like it could be good for very young kids

illmasaki said:
i think wii play is a good idea

and it comes with a $40 wiimote (it cost $50)

when friends come over i often show them wiiplay 1st or wiisports

many of the games are very simple

it sounds like it could be good for very young kids

It costs $45 at best buy, by the way.

It's not a kiddie game as I mentioned above. It's too technical and they'd be lost. It requires fast action and precision for most of the games and 4 & 5 year olds are anything but precise when it comes to video games. On top of that it's not overly fun. It's more of a tutorial than anything...which is why it sells for $5 (or $10) when you buy a remote.

I have a probable last question:

ELEBITS or WII PLAY???

I read a few reviews of Elebits and it seems very ease and very suitable for 5 year-olds, but so do wii play.

Which should be more interesting to them?? ANd i mean easy and keep their attention longer?

I'd probably say movie tie-ins like Cars or Ice Age 2 on the Wii.

Gamecube games give a lot more options especially with some of the Disney games, you will need Gamecube controllers and a Gamecube memory card though.

The other option would be some of the VC games like Sonic or something.

My granddaughter is 2 next month and can actually play some of the Gamecube games a bit. When i play a Wii game i just give her a spare Wiimote and she waves it about as i play. It seems to keep her happy and she loves me playing Rayman which she calls 'the wabbits game', its cute to watch her when she thinks shes playing too. :)

I like when little kids play wii ... It's just so cute :D

jan22 said:
I like when little kids play wii ... It's just so cute :D
Yes, thats a great thing about the Wii too, its almost as much fun watching other people sometimes as it is playing yourself.

I'm thinking of getting my granddaughter the Gamecube Lego Star Wars games as she is a total Star Wars nut but isn't really interested by the Rogue Squadron games. Her favorite character is Yoda and she scrunches up her face and waves her arm at people, i have to explain to them that its her 'Yoda face' and shes trying to use the force on them. :lol:

I read that you could make your own characters to play in the Lego games so if she could play as Yoda i doubt i'd ever be able to get her off it.

raisinghelen said:
I'm thinking of getting my granddaughter the Gamecube Lego Star Wars games as she is a total Star Wars nut but isn't really interested by the Rogue Squadron games. Her favorite character is Yoda and she scrunches up her face and waves her arm at people, i have to explain to them that its her 'Yoda face' and shes trying to use the force on them. :lol:
I've played the game through on PC and it's great, if she is young some of the puzzles might be a bit confusing but overall it's a good game for kids, looks fun and the controls are easy. And you can play as Yoda once you get far enough :)

Back