GoldenEye Controls help

miiplaywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
Its a great game, lots of online modes, great graphics, but I find the controls suck. Luckily there are a lot of adjustments to make them suck less. I'm used to CoD5 with all the sensitivity and turn speed options maxed out. I like it sensitive.
Here are the problems. Sighting in and out is throws me off. For some reason, you can't turn for the first 1/2 second of been sighted in. So I'm trying to turn, and nothing happens then it unlocks suddenly and i turn to much. Theres other problems that I can't really put my finger on too.

What control settings do you use? A preset or if its custom can you describe what you like best?

You should go into the wii remote control settings and customize the ADS and Cursor settings.

For ADS I like to set the

Dead Zone: 50 (top) by 32 (side)
Maximum Turn Zone: 90 (top) by 75 (side)
Horizontal Turn Speed: 10
Vertical Turn Speed: 3
Cursor Sensitivity: FULL

(note: if you want to turn sooner, but not faster, reduce the sides of the Dead Zone. The Horizontal turn speed may have to be reduced as well so its not too fast)

But as a general guide,

Reducing the Dead Zone makes you turn sooner.
Reducing the Maximum Turn Speed makes you turn your fastest, sooner.

Nunchuk issue

Is there a way to turn down the sensitivity on the nunchuk? Mr Bond kkeeps swinging his gun every time I slightly move the nunchuk.
Also, in the controller options I am only getting options to adjust the wii remote sensitivity and the ADS sensitivity. Hoow do I get at things like the dead zone? Thanks.

if your having problems with the nunchuk then try classic controller pro

it's has 2 anolog sticks like xbox,ps2 and ps3 and i think it would be easyer to use and control compared to the nunchuk and wii remote

it's has 2 anolog sticks like xbox,ps2 and ps3 and i think it would be easyer to use and control compared to the nunchuk and wii remote

I didn't by the classic controller. I bought the Wii and also the game because I liked the idea of using the wii remote. If I can get it to work the way I need it to I think it will be a cool game.

Anyone else got any ideas?

well the goldeneye its much better with the classic but my wife is a asskicking with the wii remote

Help Pls

hi all, wondered if anyone could help on or point me in the right direction?

I'm wondering which controller set up would be best for goldeneye on wii with a Datel Precision FX Pistol?

thanks loads in advance! H

Maybe I will have to buy a classic control but I was never a fan of using those, I'm a FPS PC guy so I like the mouse where you can aim and shoot quickly.

I too have been finding the Wii Controller very lacking. My problem is that I barely move it, and I'm off the 50" screen then it won't see the wii controller (IR receiver) for a bit thus I get killed quick as I am stuck. Very frustrating.

It also would of been nice if they did like in older fps games and make it so when you spawn you can not be killed...I've been shot and killed before even having a chance to shoot....plus whats up with all the campers???? Could be a fun game if you were playing with like minded friends...but with unknown kids it just stinks. Plus the Host drops in another BIG issue.

Also another pet peeve is having to start at the bottom and not have any good guns, thus you get killed faster and harder to kill upper level players. I say for multi-player let it all be unlocked to even the fields.

Back