goldeneye rumour

No one knows who owns the rights, the only way it would happen is if all of the companies agreed, then they would cover all of the possibilities of who owns it.

I don't think that the owner's of the bond rights have any say in the games release on the VC, they would probably go on the same agreement, whatever that was, when the original game was made, which still stands today becuase the game is still sold in some places.

EA and Activision never say no to free money. If anything they'll hold the game hostage to the highest bidder.

Here's what I figure Nintendo and Microsoft's reasoning is. They both want to make money, and 007 would be an amazing seller. However, Microsft owns rare, who made the game, so Nintendo would have to make them sign a contract to clear up all lega issures. For Microsoft, however, the game was made for the N64, so they would need to have nintendo sign a contract to get it on their arcade. So basically, both own partial parts of 007, and neither can grab the game without the other party cooperating and signing a contract.

Nintendo has to sign a contract to let microsoft get the game, which would help them, but in return microsoft would have to sign a contract to let ninty get da game on vc. So it's a win-win situation, and this is good news for everone!

But Nintendo has been stubborn to help anyone in the past, but the temptation of 007 is too great for them to ignore. EA (or whoever owns bond franchise nowadays) has to sign a bunch o' contracts for either company to get the game, and they might sell to both, the highest bidder, or the most favored company. If they all sort this legal crap out, then we're all happy!

Basically, maybe microsoft and ninty might be starting to team up, which is very very good.
Microsoft + Nintendo = Sony pwnge!!!!!:cornut: :ihih:
(only if everyone cooperates... i know they can if they aren't stubborn!)

Nintendo_Fan_01 said:
Rumour has it that microsoft has agreed to buy the liscensing for goldeneye to allow nintendo to put on the VC if they can put it on the Arcade.

:smilewinkgrin: I am so hoping that this will come true.:yesnod:

this still dosen't make any sense!!!!:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

As far as i was aware Activision now have the license for 007 games.

As for Goldeneye im not sure. N64 Diddy Kong Racing was made by Rare and was released on the DS stating that some of the characters were licensed from Rare. As Bond himself is not a Rare creation then maybe Nintendo would just have to get the license from Activision.

Whatever the case, i would love to see Goldeneye on the VC.

Calvinhedge said:
Basically, maybe microsoft and ninty might be starting to team up, which is very very good.
Microsoft + Nintendo = Sony pwnge!!!!!:cornut: :ihih:
(only if everyone cooperates... i know they can if they aren't stubborn!)

hmm thats highly unlikely as to recent news of microsoft poking fun at nintendo.
but hopefully the right people do come in agreement and 007 does come on VC.

and btw I JUST GOT MY WII and im loving it!!!!

PSWII60 ROCKS!!!!

I loved Goldeneye on the N64. I hope it comes out and I hope soon I can use my Ninty Europe Stars for Wii Points!

Give 360 Goldeneye and Give the Wii Jet Force Gemini the world will be at peace.

123eman said:
hmm thats highly unlikely as to recent news of microsoft poking fun at nintendo.

By the way that was one rumor about one person from Microsoft. Yes this gives an image for the entire company but we need to not focus on only the negative comments, there have been several articles by Microsoft saying how much they respect the Wii and Nintendo and how happy they are that Nintendo has found a way to satisfy its old gamers and bring new customers into the market.

I still think that just because EA hold the rights to current and future james bond games I still think that this has nothing to do with the fact of previous bond games, as this is a remake I purely think it is up to Rare and Nintendo. However as Rare belongs to Microsoft this makes them a large factor however just as much as Nintendo, both companies seem to be quite stubborn over it , however as much as I want this game I do not see it as a major priority for either company.

They need to find a compromise. The fact that I couldn't play BattleToads or Goldeneye because its Rare really bugs me. they should just like. make a common ground.

Back