Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gottlieb Pinball Classics

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by indiegirl, Feb 3, 2007.

1. indiegirl

indiegirl Newbie Wii-er

Now I know my Nunchuck works... (Wii Sports Boxing proves that), but if I fire up the Gottlieb Pinball Classics game, I'm told to ensure that my nunchuck is plugged in, and hit 'A' to continue.

[I've got 2 remotes, one nunchuck. Nunchuck is plugged into remote #1, remote #2 is sat doing nothing at this point.]

Well it's flipping well plugged in, and pressing A does nothing. All I get is a quick flicker of the menu screen for a split second if I press 'A' on my 2nd remote, but there's just nothing whatsoever from the first remote. :mad2:

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what I can do about it?

[thanking you muchly in advance :)]

2. Darkonix

Darkonix A.K.A. _-Fear-_-Me-_

Wii Friend Code: 2416-6513-0889-2126
    2416-6513-0889-2126
    go to options probably set up different. Its normal to mistake that. In options look for something that lets you change the configuration of how to play. I dont have this game but it sounds like thats your problem. GL

3. indiegirl

indiegirl Newbie Wii-er

Thanks.... but.... I don't have the chance to get into any game options. Literally the first thing I get after I've started the game is this message. It doesn't matter if I start the game with the nunchuck plugged in, or without. I can't even get to the menu screen.

I did an update of my Wii the other day - could that have had anything to do with it??

4. fistpittingnork

fistpittingnork Spliffer

Wii Friend Code: 1137-5638-7724-4772
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Did pinball work before this?

5. indiegirl

indiegirl Newbie Wii-er

This was the first time I'd tried it, if I'm honest...

I only got the Wii 2 days ago, plugged it in, fired up the wireless and it prompted me to update.

Is there any way to rollback the updates?

6. indiegirl

indiegirl Newbie Wii-er

Whoa, strange. I fired it up this morning... didn't move the 2nd remote... did as it said (plugged the nunchuck in when prompted) - and it works.

Methinks that the 2nd remote being in use confuses Pinball Classics... just a warning to everyone!

7. DrMclony

DrMclony Net Exile in lowtech land

I got that game - and have had it working fine. Though it bugs me they were too stupid to swap hands on the controls. I mean - you plunge from the left, and the plunger is on the right! Duh!....

I have the risk of being hypercritical of this title though, since I program pinball simulations - its just one of those things I do each day :)...

Given how they have so obviously done nothing much in porting this title from ps2 (the graphics suck badly on some tables because of this), I am not surprise you had issues with how it was interacting with the multiple remotes.

I loath the way it denies you the oportunity of a true free play - this whole unlocking new tables and earning credits before you can play the other tables EVERY DAMN TIME completely destroys the whole pinball concept. Whoever made this has done gottleib a huge disservice, because you wind up seeing hours upon hours of their worst tables and very little of their good stuff. My 2c.