Gottlieb Pinball Classics

indiegirl

Newbie Wii-er
Feb 3, 2007
UK
Now I know my Nunchuck works... (Wii Sports Boxing proves that), but if I fire up the Gottlieb Pinball Classics game, I'm told to ensure that my nunchuck is plugged in, and hit 'A' to continue.

[I've got 2 remotes, one nunchuck. Nunchuck is plugged into remote #1, remote #2 is sat doing nothing at this point.]

Well it's flipping well plugged in, and pressing A does nothing. All I get is a quick flicker of the menu screen for a split second if I press 'A' on my 2nd remote, but there's just nothing whatsoever from the first remote. :mad2:

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what I can do about it?

[thanking you muchly in advance :)]

go to options probably set up different. Its normal to mistake that. In options look for something that lets you change the configuration of how to play. I dont have this game but it sounds like thats your problem. GL

Thanks.... but.... I don't have the chance to get into any game options. Literally the first thing I get after I've started the game is this message. It doesn't matter if I start the game with the nunchuck plugged in, or without. I can't even get to the menu screen.

I did an update of my Wii the other day - could that have had anything to do with it??

This was the first time I'd tried it, if I'm honest...

I only got the Wii 2 days ago, plugged it in, fired up the wireless and it prompted me to update.

Is there any way to rollback the updates?

Whoa, strange. I fired it up this morning... didn't move the 2nd remote... did as it said (plugged the nunchuck in when prompted) - and it works.

Methinks that the 2nd remote being in use confuses Pinball Classics... just a warning to everyone!

I got that game - and have had it working fine. Though it bugs me they were too stupid to swap hands on the controls. I mean - you plunge from the left, and the plunger is on the right! Duh!....

I have the risk of being hypercritical of this title though, since I program pinball simulations - its just one of those things I do each day :)...

Given how they have so obviously done nothing much in porting this title from ps2 (the graphics suck badly on some tables because of this), I am not surprise you had issues with how it was interacting with the multiple remotes.

I loath the way it denies you the oportunity of a true free play - this whole unlocking new tables and earning credits before you can play the other tables EVERY DAMN TIME completely destroys the whole pinball concept. Whoever made this has done gottleib a huge disservice, because you wind up seeing hours upon hours of their worst tables and very little of their good stuff. My 2c.

Back