Graphics

Hybrid

:chuckle:
Dec 13, 2006
People on this forum have been saying alot of things about how graphics don't matter...
I conquer I agree that gameplay is more important but...graphics are awsome ill be playing Lost Planet and someone will throw a grenade at my face,
ill be like o ****,and then it explodes and it will be so real i will actually scream,and the ragdoll now thats another thing that just soooooo funny some times, and for me if the rag doll is horrible , it takes away from the experience
like in battlefront 2 some times your guy would die but then an explotion would make him go flying and he wouldnt even move!
Ok imagine playinf Loz:TP with graphics out of an atari system...
that would SUCK!
Gameplay matters but graphics add on to the experience and improve it..alot of peeps are sying it other wize:
i just don't see how you can say tht graphics don't matter...gosh.
they improve the game.
Luckily for the wii they have the whole mtion sensing going on and that aswell adds to the experince.making it more real cuz your actually moving.
but if the wii had amazing graphics it would be the champ of the market like the ps3/360 wouldnt sell at all!

Put it this way: would you rather have a great game which is fun and interactive with mediocre graphics or a very boring game with good graphics?

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a perfect example of the first example.

FR. said:
Put it this way: would you rather have a great game which is fun and interactive with mediocre graphics or a very boring game with good graphics?

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a perfect example of the first example.
I don't understand:\cuz if Zelda had amazing graphics it would be better...but i would rather have a gmae with mediocre graphics and is fun than a game that has amazing graphics and boring

Why not have both instead of settling for just 1? Nintendo is capable of creating the best games out there and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what makes excellent graphics so if I were Nintendo I would really step up to the plate next time around and at the very least include HD graphics on the system. As long as they keep the price around $350-400 I think it will be well worth it.

I'm all for eye-candy graphics in games, but I don't think that it should be a primary concern for consoles. Not when they will be hammered into the ground by PCs years before their next generation comes.

In my opinion, consoles shall focus on gameplay experience and fun factor and especially multiplayer abilities. While PCs dominate the online arena and will continue to do so for at least until the next-next-gen, consoles are better suited to have a couple of hours of fun with a bunch of friends and they shall emphasize this strongpoint. That doesn't mean completely disregarding visuals, of course, but it shouldn't be the primary goal.

That's why I never even thought about getting a console before Wii came along, I'd rather spend the money on a new graphics card for my PC and be better off. And that's why I'm not buying X360/PS3, no offense to those who do but say hello to my little friend called DirectX 10 :)

So graphics do matter, but they are secondary and complimentary to gameplay experience, especially when consoles are concerned.

Obviously it generally is best to have great graphics, and great gameplay, but the question is, if a company had to choose to focus on one, which is more important.
Sony and MS think graphics are more important then gameplay, Nintendo feels the opposite.
Graphics will improve a lot on the Wii over it's lifetime, as they do on any console, give it time.

you're mistaking physics for graphics. you see graphics are wire frames and textures, physics and engines are the smoothness and "ragdoll" effects and whatnot. so you can very well have a bunch of wireframes running around on screen and have the best damn game play ever but not be able to truly get into it without the skin tones and environment and such. but i totally agree gameplay>>>graphics.

Graphics have always mattered, no matter what anyone says. Graphics mattered all the way back to NES. You always heard people going "Wow! Look at the graphics!" and stuff.

As for the Wii, as long as the developers didn't **** all over the graphics, and they're atleast up to par, i.e. a little better than Gamecube, I'm fine.

If a game can have great graphics, then they need to do it. A game will always sell more if it looks better. Don't just leave it out because the gameplay is great.

Developers are afraid to use great graphics because in my opinion, they don't want to lower the framerate.

I think it is smart to make a more limited system, graphically speaking. It's about the resources of the programmers. To make HD amazing graphics, it takes a lot of programmer energy and a lot of company money. But if the graphics are more limited, then the programmers can focus on making the game more entertaining, fun, challenging, and enjoyable.

If I'm going to pay $50 for a game, I'd rather that money represent effort in gameplay, not the company's investment in tons of artists and graphic programmers.

i agree with the thread starter, i would rather enjoy a game than have the best graphics, but if it was ps1 graphics i wouldnt get the system . graphics are very important and i think in time, the wii will get better graphics like the ps2 did

Tony Hawk's Project 8 for PS2 had amazing graphics, the best I've seen on the console ever. I haven't seen anything on Wii that looks as good as that yet.

In Sonic, when you do a Time Break and everything slows down... I hate it. I really wanted to see a rip-off of Tony Hawk's "nail the trick" slowed-down time t hing. Everything looked glossy and blurry and it was awesome. =(

You are comparing Atari graphics to 360/PS3 not Wii graphics to 360/PS3 there is a huge difference

I think LoZ:TP has pretty good graphics. I mean for the PS2 the best games we had(in graphics) was Killzone and God of War but they were't the best cause of their gameplay.

KILLZONE!!?? that had crap, jerky graphics.....ewww auful

i really hope nintendos graphics improve

The Wii has great graphics.
All this fuss about some polygons and pixels.
The games of today look f**king awesome compared to the games we had when I was a little boy.

:wtf:

Back