Wii as a prototype console

Zarogan

Official Metroid Breeder
Jan 26, 2007
Chile
Wii Online Code
5460-1571-7458-7185
I've seen in this forum several times ppl saying Wii is like a kind of prototype to see how the console should really be made (something like the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite) so I'm, kinda worried about it, cause it really pissed me off when I found out there was a DS Lite and now every accessory is made for it and not to fit in the actual DS, appart from the price drop the DS had when the Lite version came out, so I think it would be really annoying if Nintendo made us spend 250 bucks (447 in my case, I live in Chile) just to experiment and then release a new console that would cost us the same price again, or even higher.

I just would like to know how possible this could be, if any of you know =P

Thanks ^^

EDIT: If you think about it, it could be possible, because I think the Wii is really lacking in some aspects, and I don't mean graphics, but the absence of a hard-drive, those reboot-like loadings when you come out of a channel, that sort of delay for the wiimote and the feeling that you're not really connected to everyone else, as it is supposed to be. Luckily, most of these matters are fixable via updates, but with the Wii limited 512mb of internal memory I don't know how much they can improve this.
They should create something to make the SD cards more of an extension of the memory, you could be able to load saved games from it and play VC games stored on it too, it just feels like a backup of some kind, not a real memory extension, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
dude, i would be so pissed, i would totally flame nintendo and become a M$ fanboy, lol

Stranger said:
dude, i would be so pissed, i would totally flame nintendo and become a M$ fanboy, lol
I could probably be considered as a die-hard nintendo fanboy, but I would really be pissed off if they did this, so I'd probably turn into M$ too (Sony never, I hate them)

But I've still haven't gotten an answer... =P

who really cares. id just buy the new system. But the wii is not a proto type. Thats stupid.

when will you all learn. Todays nintendo fanboys are tomorrows nintendo haters.

I loved nintendo back in the day, when they were good. Now they are average, maybe even below it. They rely on a child like approach and their franchises to sell their product rather than stay true to their gamers that made them successful to begin with.

This is not to say i hate nintendo, rather i just dont care about them much anymore.

Miyamoto's idea to use a remote instead of a controller was good, but they should have kept going. Nintendo doesnt listen to Miyamoto anymore, they rarely agree with him on his innovative ideas. Thats why nintendo will only get worse.

anyways enough of that. OP, every console will have a back up form to continue sales. Think of a star wars dvd that keeps getting released with slight changes (directors cut, added footage, new sfx, ect). They just want to keep the fanboys buying their goods, even if it means paying for the same thing over again.

Shiftfallout said:
when will you all learn. Todays nintendo fanboys are tomorrows nintendo haters.

I loved nintendo back in the day, when they were good. Now they are average, maybe even below it. They rely on a child like approach and their franchises to sell their product rather than stay true to their gamers that made them successful to begin with.

This is not to say i hate nintendo, rather i just dont care about them much anymore.

Miyamoto's idea to use a remote instead of a controller was good, but they should have kept going. Nintendo doesnt listen to Miyamoto anymore, they rarely agree with him on his innovative ideas. Thats why nintendo will only get worse.

anyways enough of that. OP, every console will have a back up form to continue sales. Think of a star wars dvd that keeps getting released with slight changes (directors cut, added footage, new sfx, ect). They just want to keep the fanboys buying their goods, even if it means paying for the same thing over again.
no, i think that if nintendo is staying with childs you are in no position to said that, because like you said "I Loved Nintendo back in the day" but maybe you just need to give up and let other childs enjoy these games, remeber you were a kid. Why you cant let others enjoy what you have enjoy for so long?

maybe ill be a nintendo hater someday, but that day will raise another nintendo fanboy

Farid said:
maybe ill be a nintendo hater someday, but that day will raise another nintendo fanboy
If I ever stop being a nintendo fanboy, at least I left my little brother as one... he's my young padawan... xD

Zarogan said:
If I ever stop being a nintendo fanboy, at least I left my little brother as one... my young padawan... xD
i was going to edit my post because i want to say something

I`ll never and i repet never gonna hate nintendo because this company makes me happy and walk with me one of the longest paths of my life: My childhood

so nintendo for everything you had given me and for everything you will give me thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Farid said:
i was going to edit my post because i want to say something

I`ll never and i repet never gonna hate nintendo because this company makes me happy and walk with me one of the longest paths of my life: My childhood

so nintendo for everything you had given me and for everything you will give me thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
I feel pretty much the same way :) (notice I said "If I ever stop being a Nintendo fanboy...", never said I would hate them)

Farid said:
no, i think that if nintendo is staying with childs you are in no position to said that, because like you said "I Loved Nintendo back in the day" but maybe you just need to give up and let other childs enjoy these games, remeber you were a kid. Why you cant let others enjoy what you have enjoy for so long?

I am in EVERY position to say what i believe. Especially since I helped contribute to their success.

You miss the point. Nintendo was never centered on children in the past, they made both mature and child friendly games. However, they made the mistake of not following with their original audience as they grew up. Even watching Link and the Zelda franchise change.. that was horrible. If any of you have played the 3 original nes games, you would know what im talking about. They went even more kiddy and made Link a small midget in a cartoon world for the gamecube. Nintendo wont make that mistake again though as it was not popular in japan, and there was a bit of a backlash. They went too far into the realm of kiddy.

What nintendo needs to remember, is that if it aint broke, dont fix it. Mario RPG anyone? This is a good example of a game that went from great to preschool grade horrible. Mario RPG was nintendos attempt at getting into the rpg genre, it was a big success since rpgs were aimed at the more grown up audiences for the snes. They didnt follow through, they got the attention of the older audience and then released paper mario. They screwed over their mature audience.

Lets take another look at how they work. At E3 when they revealed the graphics of the gamecube, they showed a rendered video of an older link fighting a grusome Ganondorf. It was aimed clearly to intrique the mature audience, now that they have their attention what do they do? They release a zelda game that looks like it was made for a child's saturday morning cartoon, right after barney and friends.

They are not consistant at being true to both audiences. Its really about delivery, and they fail to deliver products for their older gamers as well as their new ones.

And as for fanboys, personally they are the most ignorant close minded people on the face of this planet. They some how think THEY have to be loyal to whatever brand they associate themselves with, but they have it mixed up. Its the BRAND (nintendo, sony, sega) that has to be LOYAL to the consumer. Todays fanboys really just make society more stupid. Thats my opinion, and if you read some of these boards, you would relise its close to fact.

Haven't we heard information about this already happening? colored wii's, Wii's that play DVD's?

I don't think its a matter of IF more of when and will we NEED to upgrade to keep up...

Now about the whole Nintendo FanBoy thing I've loved nintendo ever since duckhunt and the and that olympic game with the powerpad! but I Also loved my atari(pong was friggin awesome!!) when it first came out but eventually if a company isn't giving you what you want you move on...

Last edited:
Back