Gta WiI

asdfnick said:
i meant that its exclusive to microsofts system (windows and xbox) i know bungie made it, i argued that in another thread about microsoft not producing their own games for 360, just buying out game companies.

Didnt ign confirm a rumor awhile back that at one point there was going to be a ds halo, but it fell under? And rare does work on the ds as well.. but it is impossible to see halo on the wii though...

MysticGohan said:
but Microsoft didn't make halo bungie

I Know it's off topic, but don't Microsoft own Bungie?

Anyway, I personally would love to see GTA on the wii... it has the right combination of elments to take full advantage of the wiimotes functions. If you think about it, Wii SPorts has paved the way for the wepons system. Basball bat anyone? Hand-to-hand combat? We already know the Wiimote lends itselt to a gun replication pretty neatly from red steel, easily use it as a knife or katana, as someone already mentioned you could use it as a chainsaw without too much trouble, you could throw molotov cocktails like you would use it as a fishing rod, throw grendades under arm like bowling... need I say more? And thats just the weapons system. I could be used to drive like it is in NFS, you could control the main characters navigation with the nunchuck like you do in Zelda. With the proper development team, and enough money the wii version of GTA could be a whole new fantastic dimension to a good, but repetitve and dying series.

As for the adult issue, we already know Manhunt is on it's way, and there is the game very little is known about called 'Sadness' which has hired psycoligists to makes sure it is as scay as possible, I think although the Big N has marketed it as a family console, they have realised the real money is in the 16 - 30 market

i'm sure that in time gta will come to wii

godfather is basically the same as gta

and i think that manhunt 2 is made my rockstar ?

GTA is hitting 360 same time as ps3. Also 360 has extra exclusive content. So its not a Sony brand anymore.

As for hittin the wii - I don't think so. The game has been developed for 360. Porting to ps3 won't be too hard (well apart from ps3 being a ***** to program) - but porting from 360 to wii? I don't think it will work. The graphics will need to be seriously toned down and depending on how much power they are going to harness from the 360 loads of other things would need to change.
Wii might see an updated san andreas/vice city with better graphics & different storyline. similar to liberty city stories for psp.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
GTA is hitting 360 same time as ps3. Also 360 has extra exclusive content. So its not a Sony brand anymore.

As for hittin the wii - I don't think so. The game has been developed for 360. Porting to ps3 won't be too hard (well apart from ps3 being a ***** to program) - but porting from 360 to wii? I don't think it will work. The graphics will need to be seriously toned down and depending on how much power they are going to harness from the 360 loads of other things would need to change.
Wii might see an updated san andreas/vice city with better graphics & different storyline. similar to liberty city stories for psp.

You might be right, but it's these kind of lazy ports that will be the death of the Wii. It has so much potential, but developers don't want to use it becuase it means creating an exclusive that can never be ported to another console. The way 3rd party developers see it is that if they create a popular game, more often tjhan not it can be ported to another console, and if they make an exclusive for a console that flops, they can always port it at a later date to recoup losses. A game that really uses the wii cannot be ported, without a major overhaul, but unless developers get behind the wii and put faith in it, we won't see enough games to keep it alive

about the psp thing, thats kind of what i was thinking of. i dont expect gta 4 to come to wii, but a gta game would still bode well. it will probally be like the prince of persia games coming to wii.

seriously, gta is sooo boring, the only part i like is mindlessly killing people, which gets boring after about 7 minutes and 29 seconds. plus the missions are just random annoying things like...pick up this guy and drive here before dying from being shot at by so and so...

zerboxx said:
Yeah, that's true, and Halo's similarity to Metroid means it'll come over too, right?
It has nothing to do with what the games are like, it's the developers. Rockstar has stuck close to Sony, they might branch out, but who knows.
Godfather is from EA, and they love them some Wii
Since when is Halo similar to Metroid? Theyre both sci-fi, yeah, but otherwise...TOTALLY different. Shooter vs Adventure. Mature vs Teen. Cmon.

Lost.Prophet said:
I Know it's off topic, but don't Microsoft own Bungie?

Anyway, I personally would love to see GTA on the wii... it has the right combination of elments to take full advantage of the wiimotes functions. If you think about it, Wii SPorts has paved the way for the wepons system. Basball bat anyone? Hand-to-hand combat? We already know the Wiimote lends itselt to a gun replication pretty neatly from red steel, easily use it as a knife or katana, as someone already mentioned you could use it as a chainsaw without too much trouble, you could throw molotov cocktails like you would use it as a fishing rod, throw grendades under arm like bowling... need I say more? And thats just the weapons system. I could be used to drive like it is in NFS, you could control the main characters navigation with the nunchuck like you do in Zelda. With the proper development team, and enough money the wii version of GTA could be a whole new fantastic dimension to a good, but repetitve and dying series.

As for the adult issue, we already know Manhunt is on it's way, and there is the game very little is known about called 'Sadness' which has hired psycoligists to makes sure it is as scay as possible, I think although the Big N has marketed it as a family console, they have realised the real money is in the 16 - 30 market

my point was they bought them out, and rare

Lol for once I agree with you steven...and to answer your quest wii cammy YES I want GTA IV on the Wii. I think its a great game series and it would be so much fun with the new Wiimote controller and Nunchuk. It wouldn't surprise me if Take Two is looking into this right now.

I don't think gta 4 will ever be on wii, it has been announced for 360 and ps3, and will probably come out on the pc at somepoint, what would be better is a whole new game, built ground up with the wiis controls in mind, rather that just add ons afterwards.

Back