GTA would be amazing on wii... ideas?

this thread sucks lol, its gone so many different ways. i think GTA should stay on traditional systems to be honest with you. and btw, mrguitar, welcome and all that but please dont double post, use the edit button.

Frogger said:
However, GTA is probably only there to look pretty, the gameplay is bleak and the whole thing is just tedious. It seems just way too much for them to go out of their way and make innovative controls for a game that's just plain stupid anyway.
Ouch, your harshness towards about the only game franchise I actually care to see on the Wii (without having to discover it) is painful. GTA is the only game that has kept my desire to play games alive up until the Wii, which was like a breath of fresh air in a stale gaming world. :)

Please be kind, I actually like you Frogger (and the original game that shares your name as well). :lol:

SensesFail said:
i think GTA should stay on traditional systems to be honest with you.
Eh? The PS3 reminds me of the Titanic after it ran into that "sales iceberg", I have no desire to invest into a sinking ship. The 360 is nice, I guess, however I don't even play the lottery let alone invest $350 bucks into a gamble. Not to mention I like playing games rather than worrying if/when I will have to ship it back to the factory in a box. No thank you. It's bad enough that my Wii already has experienced repair, not looking forward to another. :)

Last but not least is the PC, which is where the GTA series originated from anyways. I usually end up buying this version along with PS1/PS2 versions anyways so if I don't get to see it on the Wii then hope is not lost. Granted, the Wii still needs to see a GTA title. Even if you don't like it, it's success on the Wii would finally shut up the noise about the Wii simply being "a fad". Think about it.

As far as Nintendo not liking M rated titles, they've already made that mistake and has made it clear that they've changed there attitude towards mature games. The GameCube DID have it's small share of mature titles as well, including the GTA style "True Crime" series, and now we even have The Godfather along with Scarface titles for the Wii. The only thing we lack now is the official Grand Theft Auto, complete with the Rockstar logo. something I personally look forward to if/when it ever happens. :)

Renz said:
too much time to reconfigure the controls for the wii. graphics look better on 360 & ps3. Nintendo doesn't like rated M games.

Is this guy serious? You are talking about the Wii and not N64 right?

If your post was a little more structured and a bit longer, i would wrtie out a whole list of M or Teen games oming to the Wii. But it isnt.....so your just going to have to trust every single other wii gamer whn i say, your wrong.

Well I guess no one here has played SCARFACE which is ashame since it is a kick ass Wii game. It is basically Vice City with improvements. (you can call a car/boat at anytime on your cell, you can piss on downed opponents, you can pimp your mansion with all kinds of crap - stuffed tigers!!) Oh and also you slowly work you way up by first selling grams of coke to local street dealers and by the end you are selling kilos to all of your fronts. This game is really amazing if you like GTA.

Finally the best upgrade is the ability to drive and shoot with the wiimote. Imagine driving around as fast as possible and shooting where ever you want with the wiimote. This is easily the best adaption of the wiimote I have seen in an adventure game. It just feels so easy to snipe heads, arms, and legs off while driving around...

Oh and did I mention the chainsaw... muwhahahahaha
To get to the point, please atleast rent Scarface and you will see that it is not only the most 'mature' game for the Wii but it is incredibly addicting and fun to work your way up in the world.

mrguitar92 said:
we were but i thought it would be preferred to bring up a new topic in here with you nice people than to start another thread

and back with gta

it is clear that there are masses of GTA fans in the world, maybe not here, but admittedly there are, and surely masses of them too have nintendo wiis, im sure rockstar or whoever would make a lot of money bringing the franchise to nintendo wii
Me included. I'd love to see GTA on Wii.

Mr.NiceGuy said:
Well I guess no one here has played SCARFACE which is ashame since it is a kick ass Wii game.
You know what? I have heard so much good from this game that it is shameful that I've yet to play it. I'm going to have to give this title a shot, thank you.

(Still need a true GTA for the Wii though. :))

Trust me... I love GTA, especially Vice City. It was an amazing game... but in all honesty SCARFACE is BETTER THAN VICE CITY. I cannot stress this enough, the whole story is fluid, you actually feel like you are making strides towards dominating the world as Tony. It is so much better that GTA it is not even funny. Please at least rent the game and anyone will instantly see what I am talking about.

GTA was a great game but the story was very 'disconnected'. All the side missions didn't connect to the story and were just 'side missions'. In SCARFACE the side missions actually effect the main story and everything flows together. It is hard to describe but you really bring Tony from rags to riches, from grams to kilos, from low riders to $3 million cars, from bribing the cops and gangs to owning the cops and gangs...

It is an excellent way to get lost in Tony's world and it is hilarious. Did I forget to mention that you can have conversations with any pedestrian and there are over 30 full ones with Tony hitting on chicks and everything...
Decapitations, peeing on downed opponents, being able to yell at anyone at any time... This game has it all

Back