Guys, just leave this forum to rot, nothing will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I have been lurking long enough, lets go ahead and put this out so people can read this.

Why does the <insert your other thread here> slow down at certain times? Im going to quote chika
The server is getting busy
Each time you send a post, you send information to server located who knows where, containing www.wiichat.com domain/database. That server, has a hard drive like your computer. Maybe a small post like takes 1 KB... 1000 of those posts will take 1MB (if smilies, even more) 10,000 posts (and there are more) will be 10MB... The server gets busy and busy, everyday more...

Lately, this forum is getting slower, slightly slower... but getting... We are filling the server with junk... and nobody cares...

Do you like serebii.net site? Sure, nice pokemon resources. How about the forum. No rules!!Jumbo! Cool right? You can post everyday a new thread to find a battle so fast, or even a trade... woah! How cool!The mods do not push so hard like here... you never get banned! Let's go to serebii.net.

I bet, if you go in the evening, you won't be able even to post! Their server is badly crowded!

Ok, so think that happens everywhere. Every time a packet of data is sent to a website your causing virtual slowdown, now if that happens, ALOT all at once....you see where Im going with this? I hate to pull out the clue bat, but can I just beat people with a large tuna instead?

Secondly
Lets look at each of the threads, each exists for a reason.

Serebii - Why does this forum lag? because it is huge. It is the LARGEST pkmn resource, think of this as the library of congress for pkmn players. Its busy, facts are thrown around like spegetii to the door doneness test (cooked spegettiii will stick to a surface when thrown).

Mariland - Is a fairly large casual forum. Yes, ALOT HAPPENS THERE. But its like going and hanging out in a bar, nothing gets done, or really done.

Smogon - This is the ESPN of pkmn, you want the best, go there. If you don't want to think about things in a serious competitve angle of game play, then well, go to mariland or somewhere else.

Wii-Chat - Its a small little fringe board like hundreds others that only has a dedication to the big N. Big fish little pond theory here. Win a match here, la-te-da small pool of players. You look at simi serious battlers here (fox, wuddle, massi4h, chica, danny) and you will feel outclassed. WHY? because they are often smogonites, that also keep the waters filled with smaller sites.

Veekun - Sites like veekun are the dedicated fringe boards often with their each unique specialty or reminder of their goal or their own ideal sets.

I am a member of Smogon, Wii Chat, and The I. Plateau (even though the only posters are pritty much me and fox)...

Go to the thread that you belong.
I rather like the small thread feel that the DP section of wii chat has.

Last edited:
Sites like WiiChat exist as a sort of catalyst for up-and-commers such as myself by providing a small community of veterans/semi-veterans to help the new guys "learn the ropes" so to speak.
I was once a total n00b at this. I've improved GREATLY thanks to members like Strype and massi4h.
In a nutdhell, WiiChat has the guys that help the newbs.

It seems to me, Tyko, that you are wanting some of us to join Mariland, because THIS is where you started. Sentamentality. I dont belong to any of those forums except the I. Plateau (yet) but i'm always lurking.

Wuddliepook

Cute nickname, although if you don't mind I'll still prefer rocking with Wuddle(Pook).

Anyways back to topic... uhmmm... hmm... [SEE STRYPES POST]... yeahhh...

Marriland is nice and all, but this place is still neat. Until mods decide to remove this whole forum, people will still keep coming back here. If this place wasn't dead, you'd still be here. The only reason why you want us to come over there is to see some familiar faces perhaps, while at the same time [SEE STRYPES MARRILAND POST]. Anyways glad to see your still alive, live long and prosper ftw.

WuddlePook said:

Cute nickname, although if you don't mind I'll still prefer rocking with Wuddle(Pook).

Anyways back to topic... uhmmm... hmm... [SEE STRYPES POST]... yeahhh...

Marriland is nice and all, but this place is still neat. Until mods decide to remove this whole forum, people will still keep coming back here. If this place wasn't dead, you'd still be here. The only reason why you want us to come over there is to see some familiar faces perhaps, while at the same time [SEE STRYPES MARRILAND POST]. Anyways glad to see your still alive, live long and prosper ftw.
Thats what I said...:wtf:

Sorry, but advertising other sites through WiiChat isn't allowed. Instead of making this a permanent ban, I've decided to reduce it to one week. In the future PokeChamp, please don't advertise sites through WiiChat, thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back