Heat

ok i have a solution, rearange your room so your 360 is near a window, when you are playing put the 360 on the ledge outside the window, when your done bring it back in :D

man i game in a tiny room that has my comp always on and when i turn on my 360 you can only imagine the oven my room becomes
lately ive been only playing 1 or 2 games of gears of war then turning it off.

Well, I guess it would make a great heater during winter. :lol:

spicka said:
ok i have a solution, rearange your room so your 360 is near a window, when you are playing put the 360 on the ledge outside the window, when your done bring it back in :D
I don't think that would work. My room is really small, and the only way I could see to get my TV buy my window is to have my desk facing a corner (would be awkward) have my bed right next to the door, and have my ferret infront of the TV. Plus I would have to get a longer cable for my cable TV and it would have to be wrapped around my room.

Brawny said:
move the tv and 360 to the room with the window ac.
I already have a TV in that room but my parents are always watching it so I would rarely get to play it and when I do I would have to be around my parents (dicks) and they would be complaining about it more than usual. I think I would rather it be hot then have to be around them more.

Sovieto said:
man i game in a tiny room that has my comp always on and when i turn on my 360 you can only imagine the oven my room becomes
Ya that is how it is here. I always have my PC and my Mac running. Plus my door is always shut, because if I have my TV on the lowest volume my parents still ***** about it and tell me they are going to come kick my ass if I don't turn it down so I have to shut the door or mute it.

Anyway, I guess I will just have to live with it. Thanks for the help guys.

you said you have 3 fans...?

if you cant get the little A/C unit, some friends of mine did something that seemed stupid, made me laugh alot, but seemed to work alright..

im guessing you have a freezer, get a few plastic drink bottles, bigger the better, fill them with water (though not full to the top), put the lid on and freeze them.

once they are frozen you can put them either behind or infront of the fans and aim them at you, its almost like DIY A/C

:shocked: i know it sounds weird, but give it a go

I finally have my 360. I play it in a larger room which keeps the temperature moderate for a gaming console (70-85). If there is an option of that, try it and see if that helps...even though you won't be able to play it in your room.

Sovieto said:

ditto... i have to get the fan in during summer...

oh... wait... don't be silly we don't have summer in England.

I live in Georgia and i'm playing tennis all the time (bringing the temp to about 110 all the time). Count your blessings.

paintba||er said:

I already have a TV in that room but my parents are always watching it so I would rarely get to play it and when I do I would have to be around my parents (dicks) and they would be complaining about it more than usual. I think I would rather it be hot then have to be around them more.

Save some cash and buy YOURSELF an air conditioner for YOUR window. If you have a small room, you shouldn't need a large unit. You should be able to find one for around $100-$200 (USD) that will make your room a meat locker.

Thor's Hammer said:
Save some cash and buy YOURSELF an air conditioner for YOUR window. If you have a small room, you shouldn't need a large unit. You should be able to find one for around $100-$200 (USD) that will make your room a meat locker.
Well, my arm is in a cast so I have trouble working, so its hard to get money to buy something like that and I really don't want to take any money out of my bank account for something like that.

I will just have to live with it. I just ordered my PS3, so hopefully when I get it it won't produce so much heat.

paintba||er said:

Well, my arm is in a cast so I have trouble working, so its hard to get money to buy something like that and I really don't want to take any money out of my bank account for something like that.

I will just have to live with it. I just ordered my PS3, so hopefully when I get it it won't produce so much heat.
you do have a hdtv too right?
after playing, i noticed my hdtv gets extremely hot, i believe this also contributes to the heat, not just the 360
this dosent relate to what i quoted you on, im just saying.

Back