Help a disappointed Wii owner

amateur

WiiChat Member
Mar 30, 2011
Hey folks, whilst the Wii is great, I can't find any games I want to play. I've had it for two years and it just gathers dust. Motionplus gave me some excitement, especially with the Sports Resort sword fighting and archery games. The sword was good until I realised that I was playing with a nerf bat, not an edged weapon. With a nerf bat, no technique is required and any technique is not rewarded. That killed it for me. The archery is fine but there's not much to it.

I had high hopes for Red Steel 2 but it is contrived and the special moves are scripted. I got excited by Virtua Tennis and the other tennis game but there's no 1st person option, and that annoyed me.

The main thing is that I want a 1st Person 3D game which has MotionPlus support. As long as it's not bowling. Why is it so hard? I'd have made my own if it were not for the restrictions on development.

Any ideas/hope for the future? Or should I just sell the Wii, stop whining and get back on my PC?

wait it out for zelda: skyward sword. very few developers have caught on on how to take advantage of motion plus.

Back