How did nintendo come up with the name "wii"

tgjester7

WiiChat Member
Apr 6, 2007
I'm aware that they were first going to call it the "revolution" but it was too hard to pronounce in asian countries, but why/how did they choose the name "wii"? What does it meana nd where does it come from?

Just something I've been wondering about

My guess is that they thought what the most relieving bodily function is and named it that. Another option would have been Poo but that's not really a good name is it? Gotta go fire up the Nintendo Poo. I got to Poo. :0

well i heard that the two i's " ii" are to symbolize like two people or two wiimotes and wii is universal in any country yeahh i dunno thats what i heard

paintba||er said:
I think its supposed to mean like people playing it together and they used ii instead of an e because it looks like two people that would be playing together or some **** like that.

Ya thats all there is to it.

Wii is an international word, easily said by anyone
We as in all of us together
ii as in 2 people and it interlaces the look of 2 wiimotes as well

Wii - 'we' play together
Wii - Anyone can pronounce it
Wii - 'we/wii' would like to play :rolleyes:

when they first released it, the slogan was "not you, not me, but wii/we"

nintendo wanted it to be a console not just for gamers but to expand thier users so that "everone" can play

dchao said:
Just a wild guess :blush2:

Does it stand for Wireless Internet Interactive?

No lol, The Wii is a games console but a function is internet that can also be wired. Why would they call a games console Wireless Internet Interactive when the internet through it doesn't have to be wireless and that is a small function however good it is lol. I thought it was about "we" play together and l that too. It seems logical? :shocked:

Wii:

Wii [Two 'i' to symbolise 2 people playing]
Wii [As in 'We', 'We' are playing the console [Multiplayer]
Wii [Scotish term for 'Small']

Thats all I got...

Wii_Smurf said:
Wii:

Wii [Two 'i' to symbolise 2 people playing]
Wii [As in 'We', 'We' are playing the console [Multiplayer]
Wii [Scotish term for 'Small']

Thats all I got...

Example of small (wii) ,