How Did the Universe Begin?

Well I believe in the theory i mentioned before. it contradicts its self so i do believe that there has been multiple big bangs...in millions of years, i believe there shall be another one because all of the mass will come together, then explode.

This is the kind of subject that has an endless chain to it.
Example-What created the universe? big bang. Who created big bang? God. who created him? who created him? who created him.....so on so forth. it is a never ending chain. and if aliens created humans, who created the aliens?

On the subject of aliens..we learned that there is life in space from a meteor that flew down and hit earth that came from Mars. when they were examining the meteorite, they seen fossilized single celled organisms. not intelligent life. but it is still life.

well one day i was bored and i thought to myself....'why not create a universe' so i did, that's why all of you are here

edit- i know the meteor that you're talking about but it was proven that those fossils weren't real or something

I think the Big Bang did happen. How else do you explain the Cosmic Microwave Background (which if you don't know is a faint, constant signal coming from all directions in the universe)? Also, if the Universe is expanding, then presumably going back in time, you'd eventually see the universe come to a single point. Admittedly the idea of the universe once being a single point may puzzle some, but in fact singularities like that are thought to exist at the centre of black holes.

The astrophysicist has spoken.

I believe in the Big Bang theory. I don't believe in God, though some sort of a higher being seems plausible to me. I worship science.

the universe never began ...its always been , the bigbang yes did happen but there have been infinite bigbangs b4 it , bigbangs are counteracted by kind of antibigbangs

its just beyond our conception that something can exist without being created
well thats what the pixies told me!

One day many, many years ago this man named Shigeru Miyamoto hada simple idea to create the Universe and he did, The End.
<Roll Credits>
Please insert 2 credits to continue.

20, 19, 18...

I am a scientist, so I will have to go with the whole Big Bang theory. The Universe began with a Big Bang and it will end one day with a Big Crunch. :lol:

The big bang wasn't technicaly a bang...
everything in the Universe now was once in a single unit (the dimensions of that unit are unkown) the particles in there were under enormous density and temperature, and thus after a period of time expanded into what we now know as the universie, this suggests that it is possible for it to be a louping process.

but honestly, this is a topic that nobody actually knows hte answer to. so not much point about getting into a debate about it.

Gaz said:
but honestly, this is a topic that nobody actually knows hte answer to. so not much point about getting into a debate about it.

If the answer to it was known, there would have never been a thread about it, and there would be even less point in getting into a debate about it. We're discussing theories, so there is plenty of "point about getting into a debate about it". That's the only way that mankind can come to the proper conclusion.

I'm behind the Big Bang as it has the most evidence behind it.

Back