How do I get a Nintendo Wii without a preorder and no campout?

Jericho2550

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
well, as the title says, I'm located in the Washington DC area, I want a Wii, I'm willing to stand in line for 2 hours max, how can I get one, what do you all suggest?

great site by the way, this is my first of many posts :smilewinkgrin:

Pray?

Buy one for 2x the price on Ebay.

There aren't many ways to assure yourself a Wii at all before Christmas, but limiting yourself to only 2 hours in line is going to make it much harder.

You're going to have to hope for a 2nd or 3rd shipment in December.

don't listen to him -_- , Anywho best choice is either Bestbuy or walmart
If you can't get a good camping spot at any of those go for Toyrus, if still no then last resort EBgames

Nah, it seems Wii's will be readily available. You might have to push your camp to at least 3 hours prior to a store opening. I advise you see the Target inventory thread in this section.

Man only 2 hours? who do you thing you are pal? I have camped out for systems since the 3do came out...you probably dont know what the 3do was..anyway...you have no chance.SorryGreykirbster I have to disagree, walmart is claiming LESS tha 40 per store, toys r us NOW says they are expecting to have less units available at launch, and eb is preorder only. Now second shipments, are allegedly days away from launch day....2 hourss....I plan to wait up to 12 hours if need be. Just from my experience I know how to deal with this situation, and best buy....its a laugher, if you like the cold and want to pitch a tent...

people seemed to think standing outside the store with a knife worked for the 360....

daddyfatsackz said:
Man only 2 hours? who do you thing you are pal? I have camped out for systems since the 3do came out...you probably dont know what the 3do was..anyway...you have no chance.SorryGreykirbster I have to disagree, walmart is claiming LESS tha 40 per store, toys r us NOW says they are expecting to have less units available at launch, and eb is preorder only. Now second shipments, are allegedly days away from launch day....2 hourss....I plan to wait up to 12 hours if need be. Just from my experience I know how to deal with this situation, and best buy....its a laugher, if you like the cold and want to pitch a tent...
Walmart said they would have 40 or less? Well i live in canada hole differant story for me :)

We must keep in mind all that we hear or read is not true,Im going off of what MY local stores tell me, I have said it all along. Sure Canada is getting LESS than the U.S. so it is a different story up there EH? We get 600k units allegedly, yall get 400k. Not sure how populated your area is. I have over 10 walmarts within a 15 mile radius, not all are getting the same amount, from the info I gathered...not from the net either. Best way to get the info you want...pound that pavement.If you claim your walmart is getting so many...why isnt it in writing? The employees at walmart cant be certain, they gave me a MINIMUM number of units not set in stone. I dont see how wal mart Canada can promise you folks so many units when you have less to deal out than the US does. So the info I get is a worse case scenario situation not over the top I hope its true information.

GreyKirby said:
don't listen to him -_- , Anywho best choice is either Bestbuy or walmart
If you can't get a good camping spot at any of those go for Toyrus, if still no then last resort EBgames

You're going to have to camp for more than 2 hours at any of those places at launch.

And Toys R Us did preorders, so don't expect any on the shelves.

He'll have to wait for 2nd or 3rd shipments and hope that supply > demand.

Cyan Winters said:
You're going to have to camp for more than 2 hours at any of those places at launch.

And Toys R Us did preorders, so don't expect any on the shelves.

He'll have to wait for 2nd or 3rd shipments and hope that supply > demand.
Anywho Toys R Us is going to have ALOT , they are going to have [insert wii number] + [insert number of wiis preorders] :p

Back