How do you do skill shots?

metalheadandy

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
By skill shots i mean when one player passes to another in the air, in slow motion then they do a flip-kick thing in slow motion too.... people always seem to score from it?

You have to pass to your players several times until the ball goes white, then as soon as you pass to a player near your opponents goal press B. To do a skill shot you hold down B near your opponents goal.
Lee.J

Last edited by a moderator:
What your explaining isnt a skill shot.

A skillshot is when a sidekick is in control of the ball, in your opponents half and you hold down B untill a special thing happens.

What your explaining is just a power pass (Dont know real name).
Keep passing between your players untill ball is white trial, then when in opponents half with the ball press A and Z and before the ball gets to the other player press B.

Hope i helped:)

ahh thanks, exactally what i meant... i didnt remember doing that in the strikers ABC tutorial

metalheadandy said:
ahh thanks, exactally what i meant... i didnt remember doing that in the strikers ABC tutorial

Anytime pal :thumbsup:

actully if your talking about when the ball is passed and you go to shoot,times slows down, then is niether, to do thatyour character has to be in a open space. sometimes u can hear ur captain yell "open" or something along them lines but not always. the bottom line is it will go in slow-motion if they shooting player is wide open for the shot.:yesnod:

I know this because you are told this in teh previous mario football game, which i have :smilewinkgrin:

Rep me, if this makes thing clearer =)

ahhh, ive also just discovered that if the player with the ball when it has higher energy (white) does theyre trick thing (direction on the d-pad) it is bigger....

For example if you do the invisible move thing with waluigi when the ball is white he moves ALOT further than when it is red :lol:

metalheadandy said:
ahhh, ive also just discovered that if the player with the ball when it has higher energy (white) does theyre trick thing (direction on the d-pad) it is bigger....

For example if you do the invisible move thing with waluigi when the ball is white he moves ALOT further than when it is red :lol:

cool, i'll try that

Azuma Kyuubi said:
actully if your talking about when the ball is passed and you go to shoot,times slows down, then is niether, to do thatyour character has to be in a open space. sometimes u can hear ur captain yell "open" or something along them lines but not always. the bottom line is it will go in slow-motion if they shooting player is wide open for the shot.:yesnod:

I know this because you are told this in teh previous mario football game, which i have :smilewinkgrin:

Rep me, if this makes thing clearer =)

The doesnt just have to be in open space.

I had old mario game, that was a perfect pass, you just had time everything right. This game is slightly diffrent.

Azuma Kyuubi said:
yeah thats what its called a perfect pass, if you do a perfect pass then it will show the shot in slow motion:lol:

But on that game most of the time you just had to do a cross and if the other person was open time would be slow and if you press shoot before the ball gets to him the shot it better.

This game is a little diffrent, on this the ball has to be white and such.

true but the concept is the same...just now as to be a white ball and given to a open player for the slow shot.

the onl;y thing i haven't figured out nowis why it slows the smash tackles down sometimes :scared:

Azuma Kyuubi said:
true but the concept is the same...just now as to be a white ball and given to a open player for the slow shot.

the onl;y thing i haven't figured out nowis why it slows the smash tackles down sometimes :scared:

I dont think there is a special reason other then it was a great hit.

I had it a lot of times with monty mole, all the times the hits were great timing and everything.

Back