How easy is it to type on the wii?

yeah,it more faster than xbox but not as fast as a keyboard.

It depends on your hand/eye coordination (cross eyed may be problem)

It's slow, even when you get used to it. Not very useful for forums like this, but if you're only typing a few things it's not bad. Though to be fair, without a keyboard you shouldn't expect it to be very fast.

Here's some screenshots of the virtual keyboard to give you an idea what its like to type on the Wii with the wiimote.

Click on the image for a larger view:

The dictionary feature can help you speed up your typing by giving you word suggestions in the textbox just above the number keys as well as auto filling the rest of the letters the Wii best guesses you're about to type. Don't worry, if you're still typing when it auto fills letters, it will type over those letters.

Punctuations and symbols can slow your typing down a bit.

This way of typing may be quicker for you if you're used to it. I doesn't require you to move the wiimote cursor far when going from one letter to another.

Last edited:
i have some shaking problem that i inherited from my dad and i have to rest my hand on my knew to keep my hand steady

lol, guess that'd make playing games like Red Steel a bit hard, eh?

It's easy to type. I prefer the phone keypad method... and the predictive text thing is okay, but i don't bother with it.

haXXo said:
haha yeah kid cant spell
OMG thats so funny,really funny,wow i lol so hard on that o wow please no more iam gunna bust a gut.GOOOD ONE >_>

psychono2 said:
OMG thats so funny,really funny,wow i lol so hard on that o wow please no more iam gunna bust a gut.GOOOD ONE >_>

you need to calm down . ha :thumbsup:

Back