Is SMG too easy?

If you are going for all 120 this is not an easy game. Admittedly I'd say 90 stars out of the 120 were pretty easy to get and perhaps you should fight Bowser at this point rather then at 60. The others however can be extremely difficult at times.

Yea ive heard that a million times when I stopped at 61 stars. But then people kept telling me getting the rest isnt as easy, so I went ahead and got 120 for luigi and it was still easy. Im hoping Super Paper Mario is more challenging, I read some review say it was easy but hopefully not as easy as SMG.

Now, don't get me wrong... the game is still fun. Just not worth paying full price IMO. Problem is with games like these, its so popular its probably gonna take forever just to drop down to $40. So it doesn't matter, I dont regret buying it. Its just that since it was so easy, I still like my RE4, Zelda TP and The Godfather more.

T3kNi9e said:
Yea ive heard that a million times when I stopped at 61 stars. But then people kept telling me getting the rest isnt as easy, so I went ahead and got 120 for luigi and it was still easy. Im hoping Super Paper Mario is more challenging, I read some review say it was easy but hopefully not as easy as SMG.

Now, don't get me wrong... the game is still fun. Just not worth paying full price IMO. Problem is with games like these, its so popular its probably gonna take forever just to drop down to $40. So it doesn't matter, I dont regret buying it. Its just that since it was so easy, I still like my RE4, Zelda TP and The Godfather more.

so so true, i saw zelda tp for wii the other day in walmart when i was browsing and its still 50 bucks, but it IS walmart and not a gaming store, i duno about places like gamestop or sumthin but yeah, games take a while to drop

i got smg about a week ago and have only played it like 3 times (like 3 sessions) each 1-2 1/2 hours each and im already around 40 stars (including all the time i spent helping/playing with my 5 year old nephew) lol so yeah i have to agree it is quite easier than i expected and definately overhyped

smg is awsome.
SMG is the best game ever made by nintendo.

if you could play and beat the best game ever made by nintendo and it only took you 20 hours to beat it would you?

also it is fun trying to get all 241 stars.

Last edited:
Yes, but thats your opinion. I dont think its Nintendo's best, I was seriously not that impressed except for graphics were cool and the gameplay was cool. My brother subtly rubbed in my face how boring/childish it was, saying it was a waste because I always tell him how he wastes his money on games that end up being stupid. Zelda: OOT was its best. I wish they would make a revamped version on Wii with better graphics. But thats all... I dont want them to mess with it, just update the graphics, that would be great.

Alright thanks guys, my sister has bought me this game but I can't open it until tomorrow for some odd reason. I will tell you guys what I think.:) Again, thanks.:thumbsup:

Update: I opened the game today and got one star. I love this game, it seems to be more like a medium level. But I won't overplay it, I will be going from SMG to MOHH2. Thanks for all the help guys!:thumbsup:

it increases in difficulty from super easy to pretty difficult. who cares how long it takes? all the old super mario bros. courses took less (sometimes much less) than 5 minutes to complete and I still love playing those.

i think SMG is a great game. some people may truly think it's too easy, but i suspect some jadedness there. the fun lies in playing the game, not in flying through it as fast as you can. if you don't like stomping goombas, raysurfing, or jumping onto platforms that materialize before you...that's a shame. and if you stop after sixty stars, you're missing out on the trickier stuff.

My friend beat it in 2 days. It can get difficult. I don't beat games in less than a month, regardless of length.

IMO this is an outstanding game for the Wii. If not "Bum rushed" through, but I am the sorta person to walk around and "Take in the sights" and not rush to the end of the level avoiding tough areas.

Is it SUPER HARD? No it is rather easy......but so is Zelda OOT.

well if you are very good at video games then it might be too easy
i dont want to get really good at video games cause then they'd be too easy and a waste of money

Yeah it is....

Only for the 1st 3 galaxies though, it got pretty hard for me on the end of the fourth galaxy, frustrating.:lol:

adsertif12 said:
Yeah it is....

Only for the 1st 3 galaxies though, it got pretty hard for me on the end of the fourth galaxy, frustrating.:lol:
Well I am on the third galaxy, and by galaxy you mean the Dome thing then yes on my third. It is easy, more of a low medium level but on this Dome I can definitely sense the difficulty level growing!

me brian said:
well if you are very good at video games then it might be too easy
Yea... I'm pretty sure I'm good at Video Games.:D

Back