How long did your 360 last?

my bro got his 360 in june, then the a week before i got my wii for christmas it broke (6 months life span, and wasnt a launch console), it then took 3 weeks for him to get a new one, and he got new games for christmas which he couldnt play, while i was there playing my wii, which hasnt died, so i constanly point out how my wii is better cos of that

i love my 360 to death but, i've exchanged mine like 5 times in 3 months..the one i have now works great though:D

Mine died about a week ago, three rings of death, it was a original launch system and being more than a year old MS wanted to charge me 150 to repair the damn thing. No thanks, still since it was a Christmas gift its sorta all-right, though my brother did apparently pay 900 dollars for nothing. This is a system that wasn't abused, I live in Florida and in a brick house so I have no reason to put the heat on 90 degrees and neither was the system overheated at anytime. If anything this console has had the least abuse of any console I've owned, the least use (it was off for months at a time, most frequent use of it was as a DVD player. Especially when those six games were done with, and good launch titles were few), and yet it still died on me without any reason. Indeed, I'm dubious on purchasing another or a PS3 until these systems are proven to last at LEAST 3 years with just normal wear.

My friend got 2 both broke, and just now he got a diffretn one, and if that breaks he'll be pissed. As crappy the PS3 is the wii and PS3 are the most efficant systems. 360 is to computreb based. I can't belive it lags. I gusse thats with all online games.

bbfreak said:
Mine died about a week ago, three rings of death, it was a original launch system and being more than a year old MS wanted to charge me 150 to repair the damn thing. No thanks, still since it was a Christmas gift its sorta all-right, though my brother did apparently pay 900 dollars for nothing. This is a system that wasn't abused, I live in Florida and in a brick house so I have no reason to put the heat on 90 degrees and neither was the system overheated at anytime. If anything this console has had the least abuse of any console I've owned, the least use (it was off for months at a time, most frequent use of it was as a DVD player. Especially when those six games were done with, and good launch titles were few), and yet it still died on me without any reason. Indeed, I'm dubious on purchasing another or a PS3 until these systems are proven to last at LEAST 3 years with just normal wear.

wii over PS3 I say.

My 360s still going strong...

I've had mine for about ten months. It still runs perfectly except the fans now make grinding noises. But as long as it still works I don't really care what sound it makes. I just hope it lasts until they put new 65nm processors in them so I only have to send one in.

Wiitendo said:
My friend got 2 both broke, and just now he got a diffretn one, and if that breaks he'll be pissed. As crappy the PS3 is the wii and PS3 are the most efficant systems. 360 is to computreb based. I can't belive it lags. I gusse thats with all online games.
theres always lag online
but if your referring to like offline, yah it lags, on games like gears of war (only one i experienced lag on) its just so graphically overloaded, and i had my 360 on for 20+ hours already, it would lag when intense parts happened, but thats because the thing is so identical to a computer in hardware, its only expected

i bought one a couple months ago, even after the software update all games still kept freezing, wouldnt read discs after i play for a few hours. all this on day 1... went back on day 2 to return it at harvey norman and they said "oh we dont do refunds sorry, u have to call microsoft" (the guy who sold it to me specifically said they do refunds). Then i found out if i gave it to microsoft they could either fix it or give me a refurnished one. WTF i just bought it 24 hours ago. so i brang in the legal papers and got my money back and bought a ps3! oh yeah and i also clocked gears of war on day 1 and online lags like hell (probably because im in australia), very bad experience for me.

NEVER BUY STUFF FROM HARVEY NORMAN! they're a bunch of lying maggots.
and dont buy a 360 either, or at least wait for the next 360 they release, zephyer or elite or whatever its called.

Mine lasted 5 months, from May-Oct 06... the ring of death. This was two months before Microsoft extended their manufacturers warranty. I had a warranty from Circuit City, they sent me a gift card and I bought a Wii.

I plan to purchase another 360, but I'll wait until a price drop/deal and for the 65nm processor... but I am tempted to get an Elite

What is the 65nm processor? And what exactly does it do to improve the 360? Will it ever be used or are you just waiting for something that will probably never happen? Just out of curiousity. And I'm SO tempted by the Elite model too..but first I have to save money.

MasterJedi2U said:
What is the 65nm processor? And what exactly does it do to improve the 360? Will it ever be used or are you just waiting for something that will probably never happen? Just out of curiousity. And I'm SO tempted by the Elite model too..but first I have to save money.
It will pretty much just make it run cooler so there will be less issues with overheating.

MasterJedi2U said:
if it is in the elite model, thats cool, but i dont think it is
it basically lets you play longer cooler, and stuff be processed faster in game

Back