How long do unused points last?

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
I have 200 left from a month ago. Is there an expiry date?

Only asking cuz of that reminder that I haven't posted in weeks. :)

nah, nintendo understands that people have time for other things than wii and VC.....XBOX

I've been worrying about that lately as well. Evnetually, all these downloads/points will all be a thing of the past. In a few years, more new game consoles will be released and everyone will forget Wii and Xbox 360 (the PS3 isn't doing all that well, so I won't mention it), and all of the money put into points/VC games will be a thing of the past. Though more depressing is the people who legitimately have over 100k points for Xbox 360 gamerscores. Their lives will be crushed by the next generation of consoles.

why would you not get your hopes up i can play games on the game boy advanced that i bought for the first game boy way back in the day so why would vc titles not transfer over. It does not seem that far fetched to me.

Yea I agree with Opitek & Belmont. Nintendo is no fool, and they'd definetly understand that they'd piss off a very loyal fan base if all of their VC games would not transfer over to the next console. The only thing I could see preventing that, is if they didn't include a Virtual Console at all, but because of the big success of it, I'd find that hard to imagine.
You can bring up the argument, "well they're right now making us pay for them again." But that's a little different. These games are more than decade older, so aren't going to directly piss people off for having to re-buy them, and they;ve been emulated so that they can be digitally downloaded and stored.

For ever!!!! I think it is entirely possible that any games you have got now you will be able to transfer.. afterall of you delete them the systems knows you already have them amd can download them for free.. why should this be any different on a new machine! i am sure Nintendo can set something up!

Its likely...

I'm just saying that I dont think you should assume that. For all we know Nintendo could drop the whole Virtual Console next time around...

Back